2019 Bills have to Outperform the 2018 Bills, by how much is the question

plus easier schedule this year!

My prediction after the schedule was released was 11-5 as well, and I’m sticking to it.  Hopefully by the end of October I’m not rocking back and forth in the fetal position while thinking back to when I made it...

Agree. Excited to see "new (definitely) & improved (hopefully)" O-Line. Equally excited to see Oliver on D. Think this might be a make or break season for #17 at least in the eyes of many fans. I'm not too worried yet but the next few months will fly and it'll be mid-season before we know it. 

13 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

2nd year QB  > 1st year QB

2019 WR >2018 WR

2019 OL >> 2018 OL including TE's here

2019 RB = 2018 RB

2019 Defense = 2018 defense

Big improvements in expected in QB, WR and OL.  No talent regressions anywhere. I think its a 5 win improvement , 11-5. 

PLAYOFFS

14 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

2nd year QB  > 1st year QB

2019 WR >2018 WR

2019 OL >> 2018 OL including TE's here

2019 RB = 2018 RB

2019 Defense = 2018 defense

Big improvements in expected in QB, WR and OL.  No talent regressions anywhere. I think its a 5 win improvement , 11-5. 

At least 10 wins and trending upward.

12 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

plus easier schedule this year!

My prediction after the schedule was released was 11-5 as well, and I’m sticking to it.  Hopefully by the end of October I’m not rocking back and forth in the fetal position while thinking back to when I made it...

and if they go 8-8 then 2 of those wins better be against the Patriots !!!

Just now, BuffaloBillies said:

I love kyle like everyone else,  but Oliver,  2nd year for Edmunds,  Milano hopefully all year.... 2019 > 2018

I Oliver and Kyle as a push.  Milano is coming back from a serious injury.  Alexander is aging.  Defense is eligible to improve, but I will be happy if they maintain. 

4 minutes ago, Comebackkid said:

I love pre season optimism

I am not a "we won the off-season " guy.  Most teams most years are spinning wheels. The nature of the salary cap and free agency fuels that.  Its better to spin wheels when you are the Patriots or Steelers near the top of the league.   But this year is really different, the clearance of salary cap, and the lack of a loss of key players is actually fairly unusual. 

Oliver big upgrade to KW as much as I liked KW. Some pressure up the middle should really help our DBs. More turnovers,  more tackles behind the line.

2019>>2018 on D. No reason not to make playoffs unless it is QB play. 4-2 in division, with 5-5 out. 9-7 with some upside. Need to split with Pats and Jets at least.

11 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

I am not a "we won the off-season " guy.  Most teams most years are spinning wheels. The nature of the salary cap and free agency fuels that.  Its better to spin wheels when you are the Patriots or Steelers near the top of the league.   But this year is really different, the clearance of salary cap, and the lack of a loss of key players is actually fairly unusual. 

I like where we're headed.  At the same time, game time reality usually beats the crap out of the post draft high.   I would say  9+ wins this year would be good progress.   At the same time so many other factors come into play. 

13 minutes ago, Comebackkid said:

I like where we're headed.  At the same time, game time reality usually beats the crap out of the post draft high.   I would say  9+ wins this year would be good progress.   At the same time so many other factors come into play. 

I see no evidence that there is a successful slow progression of improvement model. I can't think of any teams that fall into that category.  The rams, eagles, seahawks are all examples of the much more frequent quick turnaround model.  Broncos and Saints are examples of the "pick your spot " model.  Which team would you hold out as an example that in year 4 or 5 of  coaching change all of sudden pop to the top . 

1 hour ago, ProcessAccepted said:

Wow, What happened to you to make you so cynical. Oh wait I see you live in Lehi UT. I'd be angry at the world too ?

9 to 10 wins is cynical?