Singletary Highlights

3 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

What would you have liked to see that didn't show?  I saw good acceleration, vision, elusiveness.  I was surprised with his willingness to slam it in a hole to take what's there vs bouncing everything outside. 

I don’t know what he was expecting. That QB and oline were terrible, they were all out on the run every play. You could put Zeke Elliot back there and he wouldn’t do anything either.

i typically don’t bother with those tapes, you won’t win 1 on 11. It’s similar to the Allen tapes vs Iowa and Nebraska. The team is so overmatched that you can’t even evaluate the player, just toss this tapes and find more even competition to see what they can do. 

Edited by billspro

1 minute ago, Mat68 said:

What would you have liked to see that didn't show?  I saw good acceleration, vision, elusiveness.  I was surprised with his willingness to slam it in a hole to take what's there vs bouncing everything outside. 

I would’ve like to see a couple of runs where he gets to third level and beyond. With that said I was impressed with his toughness to put his head down when feeling contact...much like Thurman. The kid looks tough...but he’ll see sixteen defenses better than the Sooners each year in the NFL

Go Bills

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I would’ve like to see a couple of runs where he gets to third level and beyond. With that said I was impressed with his toughness to put his head down when feeling contact...much like Thurman. The kid looks tough...but he’ll see sixteen defenses better than the Sooners each year in the NFL

Go Bills

...and he will play 16 games with an NFL OL. The Bills OL vs. any NFL DL is much more evenly matched than the FAU OL vs. OU DL. 

The guy scored 66 TDs in 38 games!! The guy can get to the next level.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’ll root for anyone in a Bills uniform. The kid is much thicker than I thought he’d look but against Oklahoma the film looks pretty uninspiring.

That's pretty much my mindset also... Imma definitely root for whichever RB is on the field obviously but I'm not handing this kid the crown just yet... I'm still of the minority (crazy to be of this group honestly) that still believes Shady is the game changer in our RB group...

Bullidiot and Dope were on GR550 this afternoon scratching their heads and wondering how Beane will explain this pick when he isn't fast and he isn't a home run hitter as a RB. Why didn't we pick a TE at that spot? Why did we give up so much draft stock  for a TE when we could have had Sternberger in the 3rd round, blah blah blah.  All I can say is this kid looks like the real deal. They don't call him "Motor" for no reason...this kid has heart and won't quit. Reminds me of another Bills running back with medium speed but big heart - Freddy! Doesn't have the height of FJ but has every bit the same speed and vision. He has a nose for the endzone which is a good thing. Nice job Beane

• Like (+1) 2

When you havre a mega-talent at QB like Josh Allen, you don't need Tony Dorsett at RB. All you really need is someone who can move the chains, doesn't fumble and can smell the end zone. Singletary is all of that.

We will see how he translates to the pro game to see if all of that continues with Singletary.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm not a Singletary guy. He's very small and very slow.

All of his speed and change of direction measurables were really bad......and I think his pedestrian athleticism shows up on tape.

The step up in competition for him is going to be drastic, we'll see how it goes.

What bummed me is I was really high on the 2 RB's that went right before we piked Singletary (Henderson and Montgomery).  Henderson had the speed....and Montgomery I think has the makeup to be a good starter in the league.  A little slow, but I like just about everything else.

12 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Bullidiot and Dope were on GR550 this afternoon scratching their heads and wondering how Beane will explain this pick when he isn't fast and he isn't a home run hitter as a RB. Why didn't we pick a TE at that spot? Why did we give up so much draft stock  for a TE when we could have had Sternberger in the 3rd round, blah blah blah.  All I can say is this kid looks like the real deal. They don't call him "Motor" for no reason...this kid has heart and won't quit. Reminds me of another Bills running back with medium speed but big heart - Freddy! Doesn't have the height of FJ but has every bit the same speed and vision. He has a nose for the endzone which is a good thing. Nice job Beane

Don't understand the obsession with speed for running backs. As you say Freddy wasn't that fast. From what I can ascertain Emmitt Smith was a around a 4.6 40 guy and our man Thurman was decidedly slower than Emmitt.  

25 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

That Oklahoma tape is actually pretty telling.  He earned every yard.  Considering the talent difference between the two teams he held his own.

Exactly. Oklahoma was playing football and FAU were playing rugby.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, RememberTheRockpile said:

Don't understand the obsession with speed for running backs. As you say Freddy wasn't that fast. From what I can ascertain Emmitt Smith was a around a 4.6 40 guy and our man Thurman was decidedly slower than Emmitt

Thank you. Vision/decision making, toughness and a nose for the end zone is all that matters. This kid has all three. A combine 40 yd dash does not equate to a fitted gold jacket (See Chris Johnson)

2 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

After watching the video I'm not very impressed with the gaping holes and poor tackling I think my old ass could have done the same thing. 

Oh stop...  I don’t like the pick.  I’ve been trying to talk myself into it, and it’s not working.  No idea if he translates to the NFL, but his tape is absolutely filthy.   Most backs in the NFL can’t stop, go, jump cut like he can in his highlights. 

11 hours ago, Estro said:

I'm not a Singletary guy. He's very small and very slow.

All of his speed and change of direction measurables were really bad......and I think his pedestrian athleticism shows up on tape.

The step up in competition for him is going to be drastic, we'll see how it goes.

What bummed me is I was really high on the 2 RB's that went right before we piked Singletary (Henderson and Montgomery).  Henderson had the speed....and Montgomery I think has the makeup to be a good starter in the league.  A little slow, but I like just about everything else.

He was in a lesser conference but dominated that conference.  As I already have said.  6.0 per and 66 TDs over a 3 year period.

11 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Thank you. Vision/decision making, toughness and a nose for the end zone is all that matters. This kid has all three. A combine 40 yd dash does not equate to a fitted gold jacket (See Chris Johnson)

The GOAT had a terrible 40 time and is the greatest football player ever. (Jerry Rice)

Edited by formerlyofCtown
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Oh stop...  I don’t like the pick.  I’ve been trying to talk myself into it, and it’s not working.  No idea if he translates to the NFL, but his tape is absolutely filthy.   Most backs in the NFL can’t stop, go, jump cut like he can in his highlights. 

Im not sure. I’d guess most are coached not to move like that, but that several could. Especially vs soft competition 

itll be interesting to watch. I suspect he will be a bit boom or bust. If the athleticism shortfalls catch up to him it could get ugly fast but his non traditional movements might be key to really breaking out ala a guy like Leveon