If Bills only keep 3 RBs, it will be Gore, not McCoy, that gets cut

They aren't cutting either one. We are going to be a run-heavy team and with ole' cannon arm back there, the defenses will have to stay honest.

If the Bills are out of it, this is a possibility---

Buffalo Bills

LeSean McCoy, RB

No, this isn't because McCoy tweeted Avengers spoilers. I know Bills general manager Brandon Beane has suggested that McCoy is still the starter in Buffalo, but I'm skeptical that he'll make it through the 2019 season in upstate New York. He will enter the final year of his five-year, $40 million deal, and the Bills invested in running backs this offseason by signing Frank Gore and T.J. Yeldonbefore drafting Devin Singletary in the third round. McCoy will have about $3.3 million in base salary left on his deal when the trade deadline approaches; unless the Bills are in playoff contention, it wouldn't be shocking to see McCoy moved at the end of October. Could a reunion with Andy Reid make sense if the Chiefs are struggling with injuries at halfback?

2 hours ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

I watched the games.  I watched how McCoy tried to make juke moves that worked for his entire career, but last year were too slow to have any positive effect. Getting a year older rarely helps a old running back get faster. It would be nice if it did.  Our offensive line will be better, I don't think McCoy will be.   I am not saying he can;t play in the NFL.  I am saying he is mostly likely now just a guy, like the rest of the running backs on the roster.  No teams playing the bills will  be spending extra time game planning "to stop mccoy". 

I didn't see that myself. McCoy has always been a runner who dances and gets stopped for a loss, but occasionally hits the home run. The line was just very bad and did not give him opportunities. I do not think there is evidence of him becoming slower. I think that is the assumption fans make to reconcile his down year.

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Keep an extra TE or OL when we need short yardage.  Senorice Perry is a beast on special teams.  That might factor in too.  Beane keeps stating Shady is in the Bills plans.  Singletary is not going anywhere.  Cuts are going to be very tough.

I remember watching the Joe B camp reports the past few years the WR group has been awful.  True that we can still use a #1(if Foster isn't)now, but they will have quality 5-6 WR.  That is an example of how deep our roster is

Yes sir- agree 100 percent. Tough cuts are a great thing. Now lets start smacking people around! 

7 hours ago, MJS said:

I didn't see that myself. McCoy has always been a runner who dances and gets stopped for a loss, but occasionally hits the home run. The line was just very bad and did not give him opportunities. I do not think there is evidence of him becoming slower. I think that is the assumption fans make to reconcile his down year.

I think you don’t know what you were seeing 

wanna know why shady will be here this year?

Ask yourself who has been one of Josh Allen's BIGGEST supporters on the team?

We are paying for more than production although the expectation will be more production from shady. 

I think mcbeane and shady know exactly why we are paying him 9 mil this year. I'm guessing they even probably discussed it with him and he has 9 million reasons to be a great locker room presence for allen

Oh and by the way letting the aging vet and team leader play out the last year of his deal at a high price also helps when cultivating future talent...

Edited by TBBills Fan

On 4/29/2019 at 4:16 PM, Laughing Coffin said:

McCoy is the only true every down back we have on the roster. What we gonna have Gore tote the rock 15 times a game? I don't see it. TJ Yeldon was brought in to possibly take Gore's position. Yeldon is great on pass protection and is a very capable receiving option out of the backfield. I'm not sure if we keep 4 but if we can swing that I think we will given the age of 2 of our RBs. But if we keep 3, it's probably Gore that's going to be cut, not McCoy

Media just overreacting to a 3rd round pick thinking that the writing is on the wall for McCoy, despite Beane coming out and immediately dismissing all possibility of that and saying that McCoy is still our #1 RB. Beane has been pretty straightforward with the media regarding players, he's not Gettleman that just says one thing and does the opposite.

I’ve seen very little media attention to shady leaving. Maybe it’s in a blind spot but near no mention of the idea.

21 hours ago, lacoy38 said:

I think Dimarco gets cut. Too hard to justify having a FB who is almost strictly a special teamed. Thinking Gore or even Fisher can do his role.

If anyone should be run out of town it's Dimarco. I can't think of anything positive he's done since acquiring him. Many here says Shady lost a step, he's gotta go but fail to mention Dimarco's ineptitude on the football field. I mean Dimarco's contribution has been as bad/worse than Benjamin and Clay to the Bills offensive. Shady ran behind a putrid offensive line last season. It was so putrid that Beane and Co. had to rebuild it like the bionic man. Fans have run many a good RB out of town before their time i.e Antowain Smith, Travis Henry, Marshawn Lynch. Shady still have tread on tires. He now has a better running vehicle. Let the good times roll Shady McCoy.