If Bills only keep 3 RBs, it will be Gore, not McCoy, that gets cut

McCoy is the only true every down back we have on the roster. What we gonna have Gore tote the rock 15 times a game? I don't see it. TJ Yeldon was brought in to possibly take Gore's position. Yeldon is great on pass protection and is a very capable receiving option out of the backfield. I'm not sure if we keep 4 but if we can swing that I think we will given the age of 2 of our RBs. But if we keep 3, it's probably Gore that's going to be cut, not McCoy

Media just overreacting to a 3rd round pick thinking that the writing is on the wall for McCoy, despite Beane coming out and immediately dismissing all possibility of that and saying that McCoy is still our #1 RB. Beane has been pretty straightforward with the media regarding players, he's not Gettleman that just says one thing and does the opposite.

57 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I think it’s pretty simple...

Shady is feature back.  Singletary is his backup.  

Gore is short yardage/power.  

Yeldon is 3rd down/receiving back.  

Sounds perfect, Daboll comes from the NE system where they like to have a committee of backs too

• Like (+1) 5

I think the FB will be the back to go.

3 veteran backs....3 backs that know how to pass protect.

To me Singletary is a stash pick for next year.......he will be in the roster because and of course wont go to practice squad...but the plan is still Shady, Gore, Yeldon for this year.

After this year....Shady and Gore are a year older

It wouldn't surprise me if they traded Shady before during the preseason or season for a future draft pick like they did with Watkins, Darby, and Dareus.  Have him show he's still got it and then trade him to a Superbowl caliber team that could use an upgrade at RB.

2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

It wouldn't surprise me if they traded Shady before during the preseason or season for a future draft pick like they did with Watkins, Darby, and Dareus.  Have him show he's still got it and then trade him to a Superbowl caliber team that could use an upgrade at RB.

I feel like its oft mentioned here, but shady simply is worth more to the team then he’d likely fetch in any trade scenario. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If ANY of the four are cut, I agree...Gore is gone. Bring him in for TC, show the young fellas how its done, and cut bait. Shady is starting. Yeldon got a TWO year deal, 3rd rd pick....Gore is the odd man out. Probably just as worth the money on him to be here thru final cuts, as it is to have him suit up in the regular season. JMO