Which One - Fitz, Tyrod, or Barkley as Your Your Backup?

Irv

Eff Barkley... he’s the best looking (assuming  you’re into meathead Jessie Pinkman)

Marry Fitz... he’s got a Haaaavaaad degree in finance, so he’d probably be the best provider 

Kill Tyrod... because by the end of his Bills tenure he made me want the bash my own head in with a rock

or maybe

Eff Tyrod... cuz he’s got that irresistible sense o style that oozes “Hey baaabbyyy”

Marry Barkley... cuz dems da rules and ya gotta marry someone 

Kill Fitz... for continually raising my hopes and then crushing them in a torrent of last minute boneheaded interceptions

I didn’t bother to read it. This is the gist of the thread, right???

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, metzelaars_lives said:

Safe space?  Wow.  Never heard that one before.  Your material is super original, if nothing else.  

Hmm, I thought you said you were done responding to me?  Make up your mind.

Edited by MacGyver

Depends on how our offensive lilne does.  If they're as bad as last year you go with Taylor.  If not, then I'd take Fitz as I'd rather have a gun slinger than a game manager.  Barkley's a distant third as he sucked for the Bears.

13 hours ago, metzelaars_lives said:

I get it, you’re the new MAGA guy in town.  I know all the memes and the gif’s, etc.  I’m a snowflake and I’m “triggered” because I accurately corrected you for stating that you thought Tyrod Taylor played the race card and the victim (he didn’t).  I knew you would be anti-Tyrod before I even saw your response.  I know you.  And I know that reality plays no part in your little world so there’s really no point in engaging you any further.  Good luck with everything!

I agree on the race card, Tyrod never played it. Others in the media played it "on his behalf" though I am absolutely not suggesting Tyrod asked them to or had anything to do with it. I think there was, however, just a little hint of victim playing after the benching against the Chargers. Tyrod was salty in the immediate aftermath but frankly I don't blame him for being - he was the 'victim' of two horrendous team displays against the Jets and Saints where both of our lines got lit up all day long. He didn't play well in those games but he wasn't the reason we lost either.

However, Tyrod was also the consummate pro the next week when they reinstated him and he led the team to 3 wins from their final 4 to make the playoffs. There were plenty of opportunities for Tyrod to play the race card in Buffalo there were lots of media giving him opportunities in the way they asked their questions for him to play that card. He never did.

I didn't ever really buy into Tyrod as a Quarterback. My answer to this question in the sense of who do I think would make the best backup Quarterback for a team is definitely Fitz (save for the curse haha), but at the same time Tyrod was a classy individual as a Buffalo Bill and in general he took a lot of knocks and never lost his professionalism. He was a credit to himself and the organisation even when they didn't always treat him the right way.

10 hours ago, transient said:

Eff Barkley... he’s the best looking (assuming  you’re into meathead Jessie Pinkman)

Marry Fitz... he’s got a Haaaavaaad degree in finance, so he’d probably be the best provider 

Kill Tyrod... because by the end of his Bills tenure he made me want the bash my own head in with a rock

This. And where do I sign up for eff Matt Barkley? Is there a queue?

16 hours ago, Golden*Wheels said:

Just based on his mobility factor. I think that is hard to adjust to short term. That's also why I think it is at best a flash in the pan advantage.

Josh Allen in his rookie season ran for 200 more yards than TT has in any season (and 8 rushing TDs).

A lot of teams adjusted to TT's mobility...

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Josh Allen in his rookie season ran for 200 more yards than TT has in any season (and 8 rushing TDs).

A lot of teams adjusted to TT's mobility...

And it didn't take long., and he wasn't that great to begin with. But I still think his mobility makes him the best short term spot starter, and I still think he is quite a change of pace from Josh, even though Josh is indeed mobile. 

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 1:36 AM, metzelaars_lives said:

Yeah you don’t recall correctly.  Nice try though.  

Actually, you're misremembering.  In fairness, he was baited.  But he absolutely whipped out the race card and he absolutely played the victim.  It was disgusting.  As putrid as his quarterbacking was, in fact.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

Actually, you're misremembering.  In fairness, he was baited.  But he absolutely whipped out the race card and he absolutely played the victim.  It was disgusting.  As putrid as his quarterbacking was, in fact.

Link?  If you're right, I honestly don't recall.

1 hour ago, metzelaars_lives said:

Link?  If you're right, I honestly don't recall.

He said something earlier that year about black Quarterbacks having to prove themselves more than white Quarterbacks. It is often attributed to him in the aftermath of the benching. But actually he said it weeks before and was I think speaking at the time as an established starter himself to support black quarterbacks who maybe didn't feel they were getting a fair crack. 

• Like (+1) 1

I would have to defer on the scheme and what the offensive coaches think. Clearly they like Barkley and I am fine with Barkley as the backup. However if you put all three on the same team or with similar talent levels I would say that Tyrod would win the most games. Yes Tyrod is too conservative but not making mistakes and being conservatives wins games esp with a good defense. Add in what Tyrod brings running the ball and it is a more consistent formula than Barkley and Fitz who might be more dynamic at times but also produce a lot of turnovers and mistakes. 

22 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

He said something earlier that year about black Quarterbacks having to prove themselves more than white Quarterbacks. It is often attributed to him in the aftermath of the benching. But actually he said it weeks before and was I think speaking at the time as an established starter himself to support black quarterbacks who maybe didn't feel they were getting a fair crack. 

I think scrub white qbs get more of an opportunity to hang around the league than other races.  

But Race wasn’t the reason Tyrod lost his job.  But he is a lot better than he was given credit for here.