Which One - Fitz, Tyrod, or Barkley as Your Your Backup?

Irv

During the bills/Steelers game(Johnson’s drop) years ago there was a dude that sat behind us the whole game and just kept yelling “come on FRITZY! get mad, FRITZY!” I’ll never forget it. Good ole “FRITZY”... My buddy that was there with me(Stiller fan) and I have called him by the name “FRITZY” to this day. 

funny thing is ole fritz did seem to look pretty pissed off when he had to zing one. 

....And I’m not answering the question. 

Tyrod is the man who broke the curse. I would take him all day. I wish he was still a Bill.

38 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Tyfraud or Pickspatrick for more than league minimum is a hard pass.  

You mean Fitz-putrid, Fitz-tragic, or Fitz-pick-6?

With our defense and lack of elite offensive personnel, I'm taking Tyrod every day of the week. 

Heck, he lead them to 9 wins with that gutted 2017 roster. 

Both Fitz and Barkley would put up better numbers(with a lot more turnovers), but Tyrod would lead them to the most wins.

Fitz x1000 Harder questions please, like can underthrowing be fixed:)

1 hour ago, SloanBillsFan said:

Kinda torn because I am a TT fan and I liked Fitz right up to the point where he got a huge paycheck and his hands turned into every opponent's best friends. 

I think I'd have to go:

• Barclay 
  • Taylor 
  • Fitz

I hope your 1st choice was autocorrected.

If not im worried about how you came to your conclusion 

Edited by gobills1212

12 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Wow, really?

Fitz and it isn't even close.

Barkley is a nonentity.

Not everybody agrees.  I did not anticipate the split opinions on this.  I'm leaning towards the guy that would make the least mistakes - TT. 

9 minutes ago, Irv said:

Not everybody agrees.  I did not anticipate the split opinions on this.  I'm leaning towards the guy that would make the least mistakes - TT. 

You have to score points to win.  

Tyrod is worthless in todays nfl.  

• Like (+1) 3

42 minutes ago, Irv said:

I'd rather have the guy who has seen it all, will walk into the locker room and the huddle and immediately command the respect of his teammates and if they lose, go down swinging.

TT could achieve none of that.  Neither could Barkley.

• Like (+1) 2

19 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Depends on scheme and how backup would be used.

Fitz - if you needed someone to take chances since you were not going to win otherwise

Tyrod - Someone to make something happen when RBs/line were not getting it done. Good as 2nd QB as slash QB/RB.

Barkley - when you are winning the game and QB needs to come out for injury.  Don't take chances, don't mess up.

Pretty good assessment.

Barkley played a very good game against the Jets for us last year.  He did everything you want your QB to do if you're playing with a good D and just want him to score enough points - threw for enough yards, completed 60% of his passes, 9 YPA, no mistakes.  His performance in 2016 to finish the season with Chicago suggests that he might not be able to sustain that, unless it represents a true uptick in QB IQ or a better-match of a system.

Good Fitz can light your hair on fire, and has been able to since his very first game as a pro, but all fans in Buffalo painfully know he will eventually turn into Bad Fitz and crush your hopes and dreams while grinding your bones to make his bread.  OK, not that last, but the rest of it.

1 hour ago, Irv said:

Making the least mistakes as a QB doesn't count when you won't pull the trigger and try an adequate number of times. 
It's like a student submitting a blank sheet of test paper - they didn't make mistakes, but they didn't take a shot either.

TT can play decently in a specific system.  If he were backing up LJax in a system designed by Roman and designed around a strong run game, I'd pick him.  No where else.

Tough call. I'd pick Fitz since I've seen a larger body of work. Based on the Jets game, it would be Barkley all the way, but that was just one game. I'd be cool with Tyrod except the NFL knows his shtick now. (Like latter day Flutie.)