Which One - Fitz, Tyrod, or Barkley as Your Your Backup?

Irv

34 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Didn't even have to think about this one.  Fitz.

Then Barkley, because he's okay with being a backup.

The other one still thinks he should be a starter.  And he sucks.  No way in hell would I want him back here.

While I agree, seems like Fitz brings the injury bug for starters. 

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

I would say Fitz.....BUT its the same as with any other backup QB.....they are there to help you win a few games while your starter is out....if you have to rely on them more then that you are looking at a losing season.

I feel the same way about Barkely......could win maybe 2 out of 3 games for you then needs to go back to the clipboard

Why you avoiding me in the shoutbox, John??

Just now, John from Riverside said:

LOL sorry man....I miss the days when the shoutbox was at the top of the page so you can see both. :P

Join this club and it will come back ...

I honestly have not seen enough of Barkley to compare him to the other two.  The Barkley that played against the Jests last year looked pretty good.  I guess I would go with the poster above who said that Taylor is the perfect backup.  Makes very few mistakes and keeps the ship steady while others try to win the game for you (running game, defense, special teams, etc.)  If Taylor was on a squad, designated as the backup and accepting of this role, I'd go with him.  If Taylor is competing to be the starter and lost the competition, then I would go with Barkely, who is very much accepting of the backup role.  I LOVE Fitz as a guy, but he's just too inconsistent as a player.  He plays like an NFL MVP (literally) for a few weeks in a row and the fan base gets all riled up, and then he reverts to absolutely terrible play.  He's also a virtual lock for a fumble or INT on a late game drive in a close game.  Of the 3, Fitz is definitely the guy I would most like to have a beer with or play a round of golf with.

Edited by msw2112

Tyrod for me.  Fitz has much better superficial numbers but the career INT% is 3.5 and he's had seasons over 4.  Tyrod's is 1.5, and he's had a season as low as 1%.  He's also a more dangerous scrambler, which has value as a backup because some teams really have problems with running QBs.  In a mid-game replacement too you may not have gameplanned for it.  

Tyrod has the sack% that is bothersome, but while sacks kill drives, INTs lead to better field position thus resulting in more points.  I don't really want my backup QB in shootouts anyways because you're probably losing that game anyway.  

Barkley seems like the backup who's just a bit of an unknown.  Had a good game against the Jets and re-upped as he liked his situation here.  I don't see him ever starting but i think in a few years he may get an extended look like McCown did with TB, CLE, and NYJ.

Edited by dneveu
  • Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I mean for any rational person the answer to this question is Fitz.... except signing Fitz as your backup Quarterback guarantees an injury to your starter. 

Except in Buffalo, where Fitz took over after the starter was benched.

1 hour ago, Irv said:

This would be a very tough decision if I had to make it.  At this point I could not decide. 

Are you kidding me?  Why are we having any thoughts of Tyrod or Fitzgerald?  We’ve been there and done that.  How about neither.

• Like (+1) 2

For me it’s Tyrod. He was the best player of the 3. This team has a solid defense and should have a good OL. He doesn’t make mistakes and won’t lose you games. That’s what I want in a backup QB. Fitz will won you games and lose you games. I don’t need my backup QB trying to be a hero. Barkley is a lesser player than both of the others but I’m fine with him as the 2. 

7 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Are you kidding me?  Why are we having any thoughts of Tyrod or Fitzgerald?  We’ve been there and done that.  How about neither.

I agree,  Can't stand "Fitzgerald".

• Haha (+1) 1