Post Draft Exodus of Brain Matter & A Time to Gloat !!

T master

I hope this finds most Bills fans happy with what has transpired during & after the draft ! Being from the Nashville area it was a huge build up to the draft & after the fact they have said that they broke all kinds of records as far as attendance, it was said to be around 600K people at the live event down town which is crazy & seeing the pictures on TV of Broadway day one i can believe it !! Not to mention the TV ratings being off the charts !! 

I would like to also go on record to all those that mocked me . About 2 months ago when i did a post about the Cardinals & how they needed to make Murray their pick in this draft & all of you that said i was nuts, that it would be foolish if they did so !!! 

Well , I TOLD YOU SO !! ?  Man i love it when i'm right which doesn't happen often so i have to take it when i can !! I know gloating is so unbecoming of me but i just had to !! ?

There was one draft pick that i didn't & still don't understand given who was on the board when picked in the 3rd round Devin Singletary, given the RB room with what they had i thought seeing as our LB corp as far as starters could have used another young starter & seeing as the Patriots took (Chase Winovich) the guy i thought we should grab at that pick could have been a better utilized player at that pick for years to come ! After Millano, Edmunds, who was the 3rd guy ? ? But there were others that they got as UDFA's so it may work ...

I know Shady & Gore are on the down hill side of their careers & they need to think of the future at every position but having Yeldon, Murph, the Rugby guy, & the other young backs unless this guy just blows them away (which he apparently made a impression) i'm not sure how much time if any he gets on the field & that the pick could have had a better impact for the future especially given what the "Experts say" that RB's are a dime a dozen !

On to the next piece of brain matter, Beane bringing in Tyree J. I hope that he can prove worthy of keeping on the roster & that D.A. can be let go, unless they feel he is a useful piece to the roster puzzle I think he would be better served if he can be used on the coaching side of things rather than taking up roster space that could be used even if it wasn't for Jackson for another player to develop for the teams future !! D.A. has had his time , it's time to move on !! 

Well there you have it i'm sure there is a lot here that is being covered in a bunch of different posts on the board & for give me if you feel i have wasted my & your time with my borgassmorg ? of thoughts by posting this but i had fun thinking of it !! I hope you find something here worth thinking about . If it is in fact a waste i trust you all in true Bills fan form will let me know & so be it but i was stoked about all that happened & wanted to put in my 2 cents !!

Have fun with all that is coming our way as Bills fans i know i'm Stoked & can't wait to see what becomes of this draft !! GO BILLS !!! 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Dont be so harsh on Singletary. I was also surprised at the pick initially (thought we were going TE) but now I believe we are  onto something great with Singletary. The Ant-Man is so damn elusive. The one TC battle I want to see is Joseph going against Singletary. One is superfast and another super elusive. Who will win? More importantly, it will be iron sharpening iron!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, T master said:

I would like to also go on record to all those that mocked me . About 2 months ago when i did a post about the Cardinals & how they needed to make Murray their pick in this draft & all of you that said i was nuts, that it would be foolish if they did so !!! 

Well , I TOLD YOU SO !! ?  Man i love it when i'm right which doesn't happen often so i have to take it when i can !! I know gloating is so unbecoming of me but i just had to !! ?

Yes  you did get the pick right.  But  I believe most folks were trying to say that Murray was a foolish use of the  #1 overall pick ,not that it wouldn't happen...   Time will tell if Murray can actually make it in  NFL.  

Edited by prissythecat
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, T master said:

I hope this finds most Bills fans happy with what has transpired during & after the draft ! Being from the Nashville area it was a huge build up to the draft & after the fact they have said that they broke all kinds of records as far as attendance, it was said to be around 600K people at the live event down town which is crazy & seeing the pictures on TV of Broadway day one i can believe it !! Not to mention the TV ratings being off the charts !! 

There was one draft pick that i didn't & still don't understand given who was on the board when picked in the 3rd round Devin Singletary, given the RB room with what they had i thought seeing as our LB corp as far as starters could have used another young starter & seeing as the Patriots took (Chase Winovich) the guy i thought we should grab at that pick could have been a better utilized player at that pick for years to come ! After Millano, Edmunds, who was the 3rd guy ? ? But there were others that they got as UDFA's so it may work ...

I know Shady & Gore are on the down hill side of their careers & they need to think of the future at every position but having Yeldon, Murph, the Rugby guy, & the other young backs unless this guy just blows them away (which he apparently made a impression) i'm not sure how much time if any he gets on the field & that the pick could have had a better impact for the future especially given what the "Experts say" that RB's are a dime a dozen !

On to the next piece of brain matter, Beane bringing in Tyree J. I hope that he can prove worthy of keeping on the roster & that D.A. can be let go, unless they feel he is a useful piece to the roster puzzle I think he would be better served if he can be used on the coaching side of things rather than taking up roster space that could be used even if it wasn't for Jackson for another player to develop for the teams future !! D.A. has had his time , it's time to move on !! 

Well there you have it i'm sure there is a lot here that is being covered in a bunch of different posts on the board & for give me if you feel i have wasted my & your time with my borgassmorg ? of thoughts by posting this but i had fun thinking of it !! I hope you find something here worth thinking about . If it is in fact a waste i trust you all in true Bills fan form will let me know & so be it but i was stoked about all that happened & wanted to put in my 2 cents !!

Have fun with all that is coming our way as Bills fans i know i'm Stoked & can't wait to see what becomes of this draft !! GO BILLS !!! 

The "I"'s have it. 

14 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

Yes  you did get the pick right.  But  I believe most folks were trying to say that Murray was a foolish use of the  #1 overall pick ,not that it wouldn't happen...   Time will tell if Murray can actually make it in  NFL.  

Call me back when he nails who should be the #1 overall pick correctly 10 months in advance.  There was some really, really sharp (and good looking) poster that was all over Patrick Mahomes in June of 2016...

...just wish I could remember who :lol:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, BobDVA said:

Gil Brandt on NFL radio said the Bills may have gotten what turns out to be the best tight end of the weekend.  He was talking about Tyree Jackson.

Really !! In the words of a famous german guard,   ? Very interesting ... 

Singletary was #1 RB on a few analysts draft boards. I'd rather have him this year and draft a stud WR next year, than reach for a WR this year and then have to take a RB high next year. Better value imo. 

Edited by R Y G A R
  • Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, T master said:

TJ will most likely wind up on the practice squad, either here or elsewhere.  He should never have come out, everyone knows it, and there's no way he should be on the active roster given what he has to learn and develop.

6 hours ago, T master said:

They are nuts and it was still foolish to take Murray.

• Like (+1) 1

I generally don't criticize people for expressing opinions.  The only thing that tends to get under my skin is when people tout their opinions as fact and suggest that anyone who doesn't go along is stupid.  As far as Murray to Arizona is concerned, it was almost a given, once the Cards hired Kliff Kingsbury to be their head coach.  Kingsbury was never going to run a West Coast offense.  There is some question whether or not Rosen can thrive in anything but a WC offense.  Murray, on the other hand is made for the Air Raid offense.                       

Why does everyone seem so shocked about us drafting a rb? It was inevitable. This is clearly McCoy's last year if he isn't traded sooner. Gore is a 1 yr rental.  Murphy,  Perry & Wade are not long term solutions. It may be Yelton and Singletary may be it for next year?

14 hours ago, T master said:

I think they have seen enough of Murphy and Ford.  They are backups in the NFL. 

I also wanted Winovich in round 3. Considering what the Bills gave up in round 4.

Chase Winovich, Justice Hill and Foster Moreau

vs

Devin Singletary and Dawson Knox

Obviously going to root for the guys chosen but I think we needed a day 2 edge rusher.

5 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Why does everyone seem so shocked about us drafting a rb? It was inevitable. This is clearly McCoy's last year if he isn't traded sooner. Gore is a 1 yr rental.  Murphy,  Perry & Wade are not long term solutions. It may be Yelton and Singletary may be it for next year?

Not shocked. But could have added another starter in the 3rd. Instead they get another RB with 3 quality yet aging players already on the roster. He’s also small, slow, and already has over 700 carries in college. I know he plays faster on the tape. 

running back is a position where you don’t need a year to sit and learn. There are countless examples of this.