2020 Mock Drafts & Top Prospects (2nd Annual Way Too Early)

thunderingsquid

5 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

I maintain: give me any of Alabama's top 4 WR with my 2020 first right now and I'm happy.

Oh yeah.....but Jalen Waddle is only a sophomore. If healthy, he too will be a bona fide superstar. He is actually faster than Jeudy. 

Henry Ruggs is faster than all of them (by a step.....he and Waddle had a race) and could possibly the fastest kid in the NCAA.

Do watch Davonta Smith (#6). He will probably be the "sleeper" of the group. The kid is going to be a smashing success in the NFL imo if he can stay healthy.

I'm really liking the Draft Network's new mock draft simulator.  All is updated to 2020 now.  My most recent results below.  Keep in mind they have us picking really high.  

And after the week 1 win against the Jets, I'm thinking we need more help at guard than tackle.  Am I dreaming or did we make in-game adjustments to the o-line WHILE the bullets were flying?  I really appreciate the new O-line coach and everything he's doing.  

My Picks
4  A.J. Epenesa, EDGE  Iowa

36  Collin Johnson, WR Texas

68  Raequan Williams, IDL  Michigan State

100  Albert Okwuegbunam, TE  Missouri

132  Nate Landman, LB  Colorado

151  Tyler Clark, IDL  Georgia

164   Kellen Mond, QB  Texas A&M

171  Jon Runyan, OT  Michigan

183   Kylin Hill, RB  Mississippi State

Fanspeak all of a sudden has us picking 24th instead of 11th.  Serious power ranking clout after two games?  

24: R1P24 WR CEEDEE LAMB  OKLAHOMA
56: R2P24 EDGE ALTON ROBINSON  SYRACUSE
88: R3P24 LB DONTAVIOUS JACKSON  FLORIDA STATE
130: R4P24 DL JULIAN ROCHESTER  GEORGIA
161: R5P15  G TREMAYNE ANCHRUM  CLEMSON
169: R5P23 TE MITCHELL WILCOX  SOUTH FLORIDA
194: R6P16 OT DREW RICHMOND  USC
202: R6P24 CB PAULSON ADEDO  STANFORD
205: R6P27 S JOSH METELLUS MICHIGAN
211: R6P33 QB FELEIPE FRANKS  FLORIDA

On 9/5/2019 at 2:32 PM, Bill from NYC said:

Oh yeah.....but Jalen Waddle is only a sophomore. If healthy, he too will be a bona fide superstar. He is actually faster than Jeudy. 

Henry Ruggs is faster than all of them (by a step.....he and Waddle had a race) and could possibly the fastest kid in the NCAA.

Do watch Davonta Smith (#6). He will probably be the "sleeper" of the group. The kid is going to be a smashing success in the NFL imo if he can stay healthy.

I love bama and they have a super talented receiver group

But with how hard it really is to become great in the NFL there almost is no chance all 4-5 kids are studs

It's all about schemes in the NFL cus everyone is super talented. One of them are bound to be in a bad spot for them

If the Bills like any of the draft eligible ones they better do their diligence and find the one that fits Dabolls offense best

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

On 9/4/2019 at 11:19 PM, the skycap said:

Jonathan Taylor RB from Wisconsin is something special also.

id take him in the first if we can.

9 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I love bama and they have a super talented receiver group

But with how hard it really is to become great in the NFL there almost is no chance all 4-5 kids are studs

It's all about schemes in the NFL cus everyone is super talented. One of them are bound to be in a bad spot for them

If the Bills like any of the draft eligible ones they better due their diligence and find the one that fits Dabolls offense best

What do you think our biggest need is ??

I still want a top tackle, not guard to tackle projects. WR and DE .

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/5/2019 at 9:35 AM, thunderingsquid said:

Ha!  That was what I was going for. ?

I'm thinking 5  in the first, and if we are picking at around 20 we can get Reagor or Johnson from Texas.

Jeudy aside there will be some very good WRs available in late RD1, maybe even RD2. I'm thinking I prefer one of Higgins, Huggs, Shenault, Lamb pick to the DE choice once Young and Espeneza go off the board.

I also quite like the Bills picks on Drafttek of Throckmorton, since Ford isn't the answer at RT.

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

id take him in the first if we can.

What do you think our biggest need is ??

I still want a top tackle, not guard to tackle projects. WR and DE .

I think D end would be a wise 1st round selection depending who's on the board.

I think we need to let Ford work out the kinks. I really dislike how people think he needs to be a guard, just like cordy Glenn, sure he can play it and be really good, but guards are wayyy easier to find than tackles

There were numerous scouts I talked too that loved him as a Tackle prospect. His size, athleticism and mean streak all were pointed out as reasons why he will develop

He was raw and needed to grow. But plugging him from tackle to guard and back and forth could stunt his learning curve

Tackle usually takes a little time to develop, I'd give it to him

Outside of D end I wouldn't be opposed to a WR or even D tackle in the second-third ... I don't think star lasts his contract and Philips just went down

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I think D end would be a wise 1st round selection depending who's on the board.

I think we need to let Ford work out the kinks. I really dislike how people think he needs to be a guard, just like cordy Glenn, sure he can play it and be really good, but guards are wayyy easier to find than tackles

There were numerous scouts I talked too that loved him as a Tackle prospect. His size, athleticism and mean streak all were pointed out as reasons why he will develop

He was raw and needed to grow. But plugging him from tackle to guard and back and forth could stunt his learning curve

Tackle usually takes a little time to develop, I'd give it to him

Outside of D end I wouldn't be opposed to a WR or even D tackle in the second-third ... I don't think star lasts his contract and Philips just went down

I just think most guys Ford's size are too slow for todays Pass rushers. Glenn wasnt the greatest either and i think is why we traded him. I see your point and hope Ford pans out but i still think its a position of need just not as desperate as last year.

Maybe Throckmorton (which is a really cool name)

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I just think most guys Ford's size are too slow for todays Pass rushers. Glenn wasnt the greatest either and i think is why we traded him. I see your point and hope Ford pans out but i still think its a position of need just not as desperate as last year.

Maybe Throckmorton (which is a really cool name)

Glenn may not have been an all pro but there were not 15 left tackles in the world better than him

I'd like to think Ford can develop into a top 15 guy as well

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/26/2019 at 6:56 AM, FeelingOnYouboty said:

It’s already between LT, WR or DE for our 1st pick

Yep, and we're in luck. Looking at The Draft Network's big board:

They have DEs at:

2, 5, 24, 25, 29, 32, 34

They have WRs at: 

1, 9, 17, 22, 27, 38, 41

They have OTs at:

7, 8, 35, 39

• Like (+1) 2

Would anyone be opposed to doing a falcons like trade up for Julio....ie us trading up for jeudy?.....I know Watkins left a bad taste in our mouths for this scenario but that was the wrong time to do it...ej was not the qb to make that move. But I feel this would be the only way to get that stud #1

5 hours ago, zevo said:

Would anyone be opposed to doing a falcons like trade up for Julio....ie us trading up for jeudy?.....I know Watkins left a bad taste in our mouths for this scenario but that was the wrong time to do it...ej was not the qb to make that move. But I feel this would be the only way to get that stud #1

There are just so many receivers in this draft that I don't think that a trade of this magnitude will be necessary. Jmo.

See my post above.....:thumbsup:

Edited by Bill from NYC

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.