2020 Mock Drafts & Top Prospects (2nd Annual Way Too Early)

thunderingsquid

26 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Assuming his medicals check out in 3 weeks, I fear he’ll end up in round 1.

Too explosive, smart, and versatile to get by 32 teams given how much of a premium is placed on getting after the QB.

Not watched him yet but none of the EDGE guys I have watched in what is perceived to be that little group behind Young (Epenesa, Gross-Matos, Chaisson, Weaver) has really blown my socks off to be honest.

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

Same. This kid has vaulted to EDGE2 for me.

Feels like the 2018 class where there was 1 first rounder - Bradley Chubb and a load of "meh" prospects and then everyone started watching Davenport and they were like "wow this guy's ceiling makes him a first rounder" and he ended up not only as the EDGE2 but with a team trading into the top 15 to take him.

I think the Epenesa, Gross-Matos group is better than the "meh" group in 2018 I think there are few good second round guys there, but there is no clear cut #2 guy for me yet who is a clear round 1 grade. I will move Greenard up my list of guys to watch.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Feels like the 2018 class where there was 1 first rounder - Bradley Chubb and a load of "meh" prospects and then everyone started watching Davenport and they were like "wow this guy's ceiling makes him a first rounder" and he ended up not only as the EDGE2 but with a team trading into the top 15 to take him.

I think the Epenesa, Gross-Matos group is better than the "meh" group in 2018 I think there are few good second round guys there, but there is no clear cut #2 guy for me yet who is a clear round 1 grade. I will move Greenard up my list of guys to watch.

Great observation.

Despite having accepted the reasonably high likelihood that the Bills take an EDGE high in the draft, I can't seem to get excited for any of the guys that would still be the board at 22. This class just isn't doing it for me.

It's hard to be excited about the notion of spending a 1st round pick on an EDGE who doesn't possess elite burst and explosiveness. If it's just a bunch of guys who will play the run well and pitch in 6 sacks a year, well, the Bills should just re-sign Shaq Lawson. He's that guy. Unless a player has 10+ sack per year potential, I don't have interest in spending a high pick on him. 

If someone can point out how/why I'm wrong, or talk about a guy that they feel DOES have that type of a high ceiling, I'd love to hear it, but this class just isn't doing it for me so far.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Logic said:

Great observation.

Despite having accepted the reasonably high likelihood that the Bills take an EDGE high in the draft, I can't seem to get excited for any of the guys that would still be the board at 22. This class just isn't doing it for me.

It's hard to be excited about the notion of spending a 1st round pick on an EDGE who doesn't possess elite burst and explosiveness. If it's just a bunch of guys who will play the run well and pitch in 6 sacks a year, well, the Bills should just re-sign Shaq Lawson. He's that guy. Unless a player has 10+ sack per year potential, I don't have interest in spending a high pick on him. 

If someone can point out how/why I'm wrong, or talk about a guy that they feel DOES have that type of a high ceiling, I'd love to hear it, but this class just isn't doing it for me so far.

Have you watched Greenard yet?

Walterfootball mock trade

2.   Miami Dolphins: Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama 
TRADE!!!

From talking to people in Miami, I've come to the conclusion that it makes far more sense for the Redskins to trade down than the Lions. Sure, they lose out on Chase Young, but picking Young was problematic anyway because that means they'll have four first-round picks on the defensive line, which would make re-signing everyone impossible. 

https://walterfootball.com/draft2020.php

Edited by ALF

I predict we go defense in free agency. It wouldn’t shock me to see us sign a top CB and LB. I think Shaq gets re-signed and Murphy gets released.

Round 1: Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville

Buffalo adds the best tackle prospect in the draft. Many project him as a Pro Bowl LT, but Buffalo simply re-signs Dion Dawkins and Ford goes into guard. Buffalo would now boast a top 5 unit.

Round 2: KJ Hill, WR, Ohio State

KJ Hill is impressive to me because of his strong hands, he does not catch with his body. He is 6’0 over 200lbs and would be that physical WR we all hoped Zay Jones could be.

Round 3: JK Dobbins, RB Ohio State

Buffalo adds a violent runner in JK Dobbins. Very physical back, compares to Nick Chubb. He would pair up nicely with Motor. He can get the tough yards and punch the ball in on the goal line.

Round 4: Alton Robinson, DE/OLB, Syracuse

Physical specimen, raw talent. Has everything you need to be a superstar, just needs some polish and coaching. Between Hughes, Lawson and Robinson our rotation would be looking pretty good. Chance to be a high end starter.

Round 5: Antonio Gandy-Golden, WR, Liberty

Buffalo drafts yet another big physical WR for Josh Allen to play with. Golden can win the jump balls and contested catches. Solid addition to KJ Hill. 

Round 5 Pick: Jeffrey McCulloch, OLB, Texas

Competition for Vosean Joseph. I predict we go LB in Free Agency but here’s a guy who can battle for a spot and provide depth.

Round 6:  Brandon Pili, DT, USC

Bills add depth to their front seven. At 6’4 325, Buffalo adds a run stuffer. We got gashed way too many times last year. Pili comes in and provides depth in that IDL.

Round 6: Stephen Guidry, WR, Mississippi State
My draft sleeper! He’s 6’4 with 4.44 speed. Guidry is a guy we can bring along slowly and develop. He adds depth and rounds out that WR corps with another big bodied receiver. Catches with body too much, needs some coaching but nonetheless is immensely talented.

Round 6: Drew Richmond, OT, USC

Drew Richmond comes in and gives us a camp body and depth behind Dawkins and Becton. 

8 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

I predict we go defense in free agency. It wouldn’t shock me to see us sign a top CB and LB. I think Shaq gets re-signed and Murphy gets released.

Round 1: Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville

Buffalo adds the best tackle prospect in the draft. Many project him as a Pro Bowl LT, but Buffalo simply re-signs Dion Dawkins and Ford goes into guard. Buffalo would now boast a top 5 unit.

Round 2: KJ Hill, WR, Ohio State

KJ Hill is impressive to me because of his strong hands, he does not catch with his body. He is 6’0 over 200lbs and would be that physical WR we all hoped Zay Jones could be.

Round 3: JK Dobbins, RB Ohio State

Buffalo adds a violent runner in JK Dobbins. Very physical back, compares to Nick Chubb. He would pair up nicely with Motor. He can get the tough yards and punch the ball in on the goal line.

Round 4: Alton Robinson, DE/OLB, Syracuse

Physical specimen, raw talent. Has everything you need to be a superstar, just needs some polish and coaching. Between Hughes, Lawson and Robinson our rotation would be looking pretty good. Chance to be a high end starter.

Round 5: Antonio Gandy-Golden, WR, Liberty

Buffalo drafts yet another big physical WR for Josh Allen to play with. Golden can win the jump balls and contested catches. Solid addition to KJ Hill. 

Round 5 Pick: Jeffrey McCulloch, OLB, Texas

Competition for Vosean Joseph. I predict we go LB in Free Agency but here’s a guy who can battle for a spot and provide depth.

Round 6:  Brandon Pili, DT, USC

Bills add depth to their front seven. At 6’4 325, Buffalo adds a run stuffer. We got gashed way too many times last year. Pili comes in and provides depth in that IDL.

Round 6: Stephen Guidry, WR, Mississippi State
My draft sleeper! He’s 6’4 with 4.44 speed. Guidry is a guy we can bring along slowly and develop. He adds depth and rounds out that WR corps with another big bodied receiver. Catches with body too much, needs some coaching but nonetheless is immensely talented.

Round 6: Drew Richmond, OT, USC

Drew Richmond comes in and gives us a camp body and depth behind Dawkins and Becton. 

Becton won't get to #22 and Dobbins won't get to round 3. 

On 2/10/2020 at 12:40 PM, Logic said:

Great observation.

Welcome to drafting in the twenties, ain't it grand? I doubt they re-sign Shaq but they might, I just don't think he has what they"re looking for from a burst/pass rush standpoint. I also get the feeling if BB really wanted him they would have made progress toward a new contract already. I haven't heard a peep about that. They have hopes for Johnson and I assume they will add someone who fits the athletic mold a little better than shaq. I don't follow college enough to give you an idea who although bandit was talking about a guy from Florida as having some burst.

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 1:53 PM, thebandit27 said:

Watched 3 full games of this kid yesterday. I’m in. Sold. 

He is a dynamic pass rusher, can line up on either side of the line, rush from 2/3/4-point, can play the run, forces a ton of fumbles, tips passes, and by all accounts he’s a really smart, congenial kid.

Gimme.

So I watched some of him over the weekend. I absolutely get where you are coming from in terms of repertoire. He lines up and comes from everywhere. Not just his stance and switching sides but he can come from a 5 tech in a 3 man front and he can line up in the wide 9 and come from there. Seems a super smart kid to be able to be used in so many different ways in college. Think the way the Texans used Clowney and that is  basically what Florida were doing with this college kid.

Where I'm a bit less sold than you is the dynamism of his pass rush. I don't think he is always the quickest off the ball and he isn't a big speed and bend guy for me. He does have a nice spin move that comes across on tape but I just think he lacks a bit of pop. Nice player. But he doesn't burst off the tape to me in a way that says shoot him up the board. The edge guy I really liked from my work this weekend was Bradlee Anae out of Utah. Hadn't started on him before Saturday but he really stood out to me as an athletic disrupter.

I traded down because what was available at 22 was underwhelming. I had a lot of B grades on the prospects there so I moved #22 for #28 and #60.

I also want to note that I believe Claypool is a better prospect than Aiyuk but First-Pick had a lower grade on him so I played the board.

Round 1 Pick 28 (BALT): Curtis Weaver, OLB/DE, Boise State
Round 2 Pick 22: Willie Gay, OLB, Mississippi State
Round 2 Pick 28 (BALT): Brandon Aiyuk, WR, Arizona State
Round 3 Pick 22: Chase Claypool, WR, Notre Dame
Round 4 Pick 22: Yasir Durant, OT, Missouri
Round 5 Pick 9: Alton Robinson, DE/OLB, Syracuse
Round 5 Pick 21: Clyde Edwards-Helaire, RB, LSU
Round 6 Pick 9: Darnay Holmes, CB, UCLA
Round 6 Pick 22: Corey Bethley, DT, TCU
Round 6 Pick 23: Stephen Guidry, WR, Mississippi State 

Mock using Walter Football Board from Fanspeak-- a few trades:

25: R1P25
WR LAVISKA SHENAULT
COLORADO
50: R2P18
S KYLE DUGGER
LENOIR-RHYNE
60: R2P28
EDGE JULIAN OKWARA
NOTRE DAME
121: R4P18
WR CHASE CLAYPOOL
NOTRE DAME
167: R5P21
OT JACK DRISCOLL
AUBURN
188: R6P9
CB T.J. CARTER
MEMPHIS
201: R6P22
RB BENNY LEMAY
CHARLOTTE

22: R1P22

WR JUSTIN JEFFERSON
LSU
54: R2P22

EDGE CURTIS WEAVER
BOISE STATE
86: R3P22

CB DARNAY HOLMES
UCLA
125: R4P22

OT CALVIN THROCKMORTON
OREGON
155: R5P9

RB ZACK MOSS
UTAH
167: R5P21
WR ANTONIO GANDY-GOLDEN
LIBERTY
188: R6P9

LB WILLIE GAY JR.
MISSISSIPPI STATE
201: R6P22

OT YASIR DURANT
MISSOURI
207: R6P28

RB KESHAWN VAUGHN
VANDERBILT

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.