2020 Mock Drafts & Top Prospects (2nd Annual Way Too Early)

thunderingsquid

For the second year in a row here is my way too early mock draft.  According to Wikipedia we have all but a 7th round pick as we traded it to Cleveland for Corey Coleman (wow).

Rd 1:  Laviska Shenault, WR, Colorado - A beast and a TD machine.  Would love Chace Young from Ohio State but he may be a top five pick and I hope that we are not picking in the top 5.

Rd 2:  Curtis Weaver DE/OLB Boise State

Rd 3:  Darryl Williams G/C Mississippi State

Rd 4:  Levonta Taylor CB Florida State

Rd 5:  Michael Pinckney, OLB, Miami 

Rd 6:  Derek Adams P Kent State

It all makes me realize that we are a pretty deep team after this year's free agency and draft.  We are also VERY young overall and very low on heavy contracts compared to the last few years.  Sky's the limit!

• Like (+1) 1

• thunderingsquid changed the title to 2020 Mock Drafts & Top Prospects (2nd Annual Way Too Early)
2 hours ago, Poleshifter said:

Wow. I had wondered when a 2020 mock would show up.

2020 is strong at WR, or so I hear.

Nice work.

Yes, a ton of skill positions are available deep into the draft.   We could have more chances at RBs too as our present stable of RBs continues to age.  

Or maybe we buck convention and go all in on Big Al next year.  I would love to see that name on the back of a Bills jersey.  We can finally run that 4 TE set that Daboll wants.  ?

Albert Okwuegbunam*, TE, Missouri 
Height: 6-5. Weight: 260. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.70. 
Projected Round (2020): 1. 

*Okwuegbunam was one of the most dangerous mismatch weapons in college football during 2018, even though Missouri did not always utilize him. When the Tigers did use him, he produced big plays for them via his speed to get down the seam and his size to wall off defenders or make catches over them when they were able to keep him from getting separation. In 2018, he had 43 receptions for 466 yards with six touchdowns. He also missed the last four games with a shoulder injury. Some team sources said that Okwuegbunam is not a bad guy, but he is high maintenance for his coaches. 
*According to NFL teams' preseason data provided by team sources, Okwuegbunam checks in at 6-foot-5, 260 pounds. He is said to run the 40 in a quick 4.70 seconds. His arms measure at 33.63 inches, his hands at 10 inches, and his wingspan at 80.75 inches. 
*Okwuegbunam was a dangerous red-zone weapon in 2017, hauling in 11 touchdowns from Drew Lock. Missouri opened up its offense with Lock in the back half of that season, using Okwuegbunam as one of is steady receiving threats. The redshirt freshman, hauled in 29 receptions for 415 yards on the year. 
*Okwuegbunam could develop into a player with three-down starter consideration. Sources say that Okwuegbunam is impressive as he is big, athletic, runs fast, and catches the heck out of the ball. Scouts say that they've heard Okwuegbunam runs in the 4.5s and not the 4.70 that was listed on the teams' watch list.

-Walter Football

Edited by thunderingsquid
  • Like (+1) 1

On 4/29/2019 at 2:03 PM, thunderingsquid said:

For the second year in a row here is my way too early mock draft.  According to Wikipedia we have all but a 7th round pick as we traded it to Cleveland for Corey Coleman (wow).

Rd 1:  Laviska Shenault, WR, Colorado - A beast and a TD machine.  Would love Chace Young from Ohio State but he may be a top five pick and I hope that we are not picking in the top 5.

Rd 2:  Curtis Weaver DE/OLB Boise State

Rd 3:  Darryl Williams G/C Mississippi State

Rd 4:  Levonta Taylor CB Florida State

Rd 5:  Michael Pinckney, OLB, Miami 

Rd 6:  Derek Adams P Kent State

It all makes me realize that we are a pretty deep team after this year's free agency and draft.  We are also VERY young overall and very low on heavy contracts compared to the last few years.  Sky's the limit!

Nice, Shenault is my boy !!

Where are you looking at rankings ?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Nice, Shenault is my boy !!

Where are you looking at rankings ?

I mostly look at Draft Network and Walter Football.  

I'm in Oregon so I have no choice but to pay a lot of attention to Pac 12 football.  I follow the Pac 12 north, there are a ton of Ducks, Beavers, Huskies, Cougs and Cardinal games on TV and alum in my fam.  I'm like Switzerland out here, I went to Geneseo.  

I also follow Big 10 football as my bro is in Ohio and goes to a lot of Ohio State games.  

2 hours ago, thunderingsquid said:

I mostly look at Draft Network and Walter Football.  

I'm in Oregon so I have no choice but to pay a lot of attention to Pac 12 football.  I follow the Pac 12 north, there are a ton of Ducks, Beavers, Huskies, Cougs and Cardinal games on TV and alum in my fam.  I'm like Switzerland out here, I went to Geneseo.  

I also follow Big 10 football as my bro is in Ohio and goes to a lot of Ohio State games.  

my daughter lives in Geneseo, but she hates football :(

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, thunderingsquid said:

This is gold right here.  

I fear that we might be seeing the slow demise of this sort of thing. Tim Bliss' channel on YouTube was closed down for copyright infringement recently and he put up a whole host of full games that these guys used for the database.

I hope that either conferences realise that these videos actually help the profile of the sport or that someone else manages to step in to take on Tim's mantle. I'd put good money on the former never happening.

• Sad 1

On 4/30/2019 at 2:31 PM, thunderingsquid said:

Or maybe we buck convention and go all in on Big Al next year.  I would love to see that name on the back of a Bills jersey.  We can finally run that 4 TE set that Daboll wants.  ?

Albert Okwuegbunam*, TE, Missouri 
Height: 6-5. Weight: 260. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.70. 
Projected Round (2020): 1. 

That name won’t fit on a Bills jersey, but I’d love to hear Tasker try to pronounce it.

• Haha (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...

I would mess myself if things turned out like they did on Fanspeak today:

YOUR PICKS
1: R1P11  WR JERRY JEUDY  ALABAMA
2: R2P11  EDGE MARLON DAVIDSON  AUBURN
3: R3P11  TE LUKE FARRELL  OHIO STATE

Farrell's 6'5", 245 lbs.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.