The Magnificent Seven - Bills front 7

D521646

57 minutes ago, BigPappy said:

Can they all play a down before we anoint them any nicknames please? I get the excitement but lets see what we got first and see how they gel and come together. They played well last year but they weren't exactly stellar and now we have some new pieces to the puzzle that need to learn to work together and all be on the same page. 

"The Potentials"

8 hours ago, HuSeYiN_NYC said:

So no love for the cornerbacks and safeties? I never been a fan of nicknaming a part of the group of a defense... An individual having a nickname I'm cool with but other than that, the nickname should be given to the whole defense... just my take...

Not even a fan of the “Fearsome Foursome” or “Purple People Eaters”?

Noooooooooo!

I'm having flashbacks to when we had "the best DL on paper" in, what was it, 2012? we had just signed Mario Williams and Dareus was coming into his peak.  There were threads all over the place seeking nicknames for this group.

How about we let them play and see how that works out on the field first?

8 hours ago, D521646 said:

Ok, the draft is over, acquisitions still pending, but all in all, we have our roster that will be coming to camp.  I was thinking of a nickname for our front 7, and even though at least one positoon is not set, I'm coining the term now.

Front four:

Shaq/Lorax/Murphy

Phillips/Phillips - Star/Oliver

Hughes

Lorax/Edmunds/Milano

I'll take it, but obviously we can improve the left side somewhat, although I want to go on record that signing Ansah is a mistake.

In any event, anyone like the nic?  :)

Tim-

that's 11 right there, your name is senseless

Edited by Cripple Creek

9 minutes ago, HuSeYiN_NYC said:

Nah... the 1st one sounds too Fee Fie Fo Fum'ish and the 2nd one sound too Peter Piper picked a pickle'ish...

I’m assuming you do know that these were actual names of defensive front lines in the past. I suppose it dates me but I always liked those monikers 

5 minutes ago, Mojo44 said:

I’m assuming you do know that these were actual names of defensive front lines in the past. I suppose it dates me but I always liked those monikers 

Them being actual names or not doesn't play a factor into my decision. I don't like the names...

Ansah would definitely be a 1 year prove it deal, or at worst a multi year deal that the team can get out of next year without taking a big dead cap hit, so I would take a flyer in hopes that he can return to form of just two seasons ago.  Maybe between him and Murphy we could squeeze out 19 games.