Brandon Beane WGR interviews 4/29

Another interesting point he made while talking about how they were able to get Oliver was the Raiders pick of Farrell. They asked him if was surprised by that pick and he said not really because not only was he a very good player but he stressed his high character and leadership and said that since Mayock is in his first year of a rebuild that it is probably very important for him to build a foundation of guys like that, and that piece likely played a big role in that pick as well as his other two. 

54 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Let's hope so, because I'm REALLY uncomfortable with the WR/TE positions on this team.

Honestly, not sure how anyone isn't but it appears I'm in a radical minority in that regard.

Many poster have talked about WR and TE this off season.

It's the OBJ/AB/trade whatever it takes for Julio Jones or AJ Green talk that get's me.

It borders on obsession that some people feel the Bills will not be successful without one of these players.

Beane needs to do more work at WR and has said so BUT if anyone thinks he is going to spend

big $'s on "Marquise" FA WRs I would say you are going to be disappointed.

I will bet if WR is a big need next year in the draft he will pick one high if the talent warrants it.

This year wasn't a great WR draft and Beane has proven he will not "reach".

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Another good interview. Some of the same things from this morning, some additional info. I gleaned that they must have had a late 2nd or later grade on metcalf. He indicated that each time their pick came up, there wasn’t a WR close enough on their board that warranted reaching. Earlier today, he was asked what kind of gap in value constitutes a “reach” - and he had said if they have one player graded at the top of the round available ( or in Ford’s case, graded at the previous round) and another (ie WR) graded toward the bottom of that round. 

For me, at this point, I would rather have DK than Singletary and Knox. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Edited by 4BillsintheBurgh

9 minutes ago, the skycap said:

Yolo/Blokes/Hokie/Kirby/Gunner, who are the top rated WRs coming out next year?

Eligible for draft:

Jerry Jeudy, AL

Henry Ruggs, AL

tee Higgins, Clemson

Donovan Peoples-Jones, Michigan 

CeeDee Lamb, Oklahoma 

Laviska Shenault, Colorado 

collins Johnson, Texas

jalen Reagor, TCU

tylen Wallace, Ok St

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/the-2020-wr-class-could-truly-be-historic

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

If I had to guess just based on voice inflection/verbal cues: they won’t be picking up Shaq’s option and they will be signing Ansah

What's clear is that for the most part this regime was determined from the start to clear out the remnants of the prior regime. The McBeane tandem not only didn't like the players but they didn't like the salary structure. Last year, the organization took a major cap hit in one big swoop in order to give gain cap flexibility to bring in a slew of their own players. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Eligible for draft:

Jerry Jeudy, AL

Henry Ruggs, AL

tee Higgins, Clemson

CeeDee Lamb, Oklahoma 

collins Johnson, Texas

jalen Reagor, TCU

tylen Wallace, Ok St

I knew who to call on. Thx

2 hours ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

For me, at this point, I would rather have DK than Singletary and Knox. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

I would too if DK didn’t have the neck injury. Those can become serious fast. Singletary and Knox will not be good players for us, I’m happy to have them. 

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Eligible for draft:

Jerry Jeudy, AL

Henry Ruggs, AL

tee Higgins, Clemson

CeeDee Lamb, Oklahoma 

collins Johnson, Texas

jalen Reagor, TCU

tylen Wallace, Ok St

Ceedee Lamb is amazing, I would be so happy if he was a Buffalo Bill. I thought he was better than Hollywood Brown last year.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, billspro said:

I would too if DK didn’t have the neck injury. Those can become serious fast. Singletary and Knox will not be good players for us, I’m happy to have them. 

I looked a little bit and never saw any info, but do you know exactly how the neck injury happened? Was it something like Sterling Sharpe's injury or hitting the ground?

Edited by 4BillsintheBurgh