Per Beane: bills still in on Ansah

MaAIgBaS_bigger.jpgIan RapoportVerified account @RapSheet
FollowFollow @RapSheet
More

FA pass-rusher Ziggy Ansah, who just wrapped up his #Ravens visit today, saw expert Dr. Neal ElAttrache on Monday. Source said the reviews were positive, his shoulder is structurally sound & he should be cleared by mid-August. The key is getting strength back in his shoulder.

2:50 PM - 24 Apr 2019
  • Like (+1) 1

I don’t see what he brings to the table that sets him apart from Zo, Murphy and Lawson. 

They can get the same production from their rotation that they’d get from him. I’d rather see them grab a younger guy hungry for a shot like philips last year than spend millions on Ziggy. Best chance is a one year prove it deal and he actually stays healthy and makes an impact, I would hate to see a multi year deal though 

2 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I don’t see what he brings to the table that sets him apart from Zo, Murphy and Lawson. 

They can get the same production from their rotation that they’d get from him. I’d rather see them grab a younger guy hungry for a shot like philips last year than spend millions on Ziggy. Best chance is a one year prove it deal and he actually stays healthy and makes an impact, I would hate to see a multi year deal though 

But is there a younger guy who is hungry for a shot that could end up being better? There are young and hungry guys, but how many actually end up being really good?

They have the space to spend a little, and he could be worth it since Murphy is barely healthy enough to see the field, Zo is getti g old, and Shaq is being debated on whether they will pick up his fifth year option. There may be a big need after theis season.

17 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

But is there a younger guy who is hungry for a shot that could end up being better? There are young and hungry guys, but how many actually end up being really good?

They have the space to spend a little, and he could be worth it since Murphy is barely healthy enough to see the field, Zo is getti g old, and Shaq is being debated on whether they will pick up his fifth year option. There may be a big need after theis season.

After this season there will be millions of options between draft and free agency. And of course there could be options before the season depending on cuts and practice squads. I wouldn’t hate the signing, unless they gave out a multi year deal. 

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

This whole thing feels off.  I am nervous that whatever team signs him will have to pay wayyyy too much and end up getting very little production.  

IMO, he's probably only getting a one year deal at this point anyway. Since he's not likely to be cleared before mid-August, the teams still in on him may prefer to wait until Week 1 to sign him in order to avoid any guaranteed money.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm not sure I ever remember a year with this much of a lack of vet trades during the draft (outside Rosen I'm not sure a single current player was traded during the draft) and we have yet to see cap casualty cuts.  We have the cap space to add a couple "splash" vets if they do shake free, I really hope we use it considering we still stand to be well under the cap next year.

14 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

IMO, he's probably only getting a one year deal at this point anyway. Since he's not likely to be cleared before mid-August, the teams still in on him may prefer to wait until Week 1 to sign him in order to avoid any guaranteed money.

The problem is that when there are multiple teams "in" on one guy, teams will sometimes do stupid things like give injured players multi-year deals.  That is why this whole thing feels wrong.  I think he is holding out for a better deal.