I now understand why the Bills passed on DK Metcalf

HOUSE

3 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

That was the only reason why I thought he could make a good fit in Buffalo, his best ability is to just go out and catch bombs. The one draft analysis of him made it sound like he was tailor made for Allen. He will need the right offence to be any good. He isnt a guy who can be plugged into just any offence and be good 

I would have taken him in the third even if all they did this year was tell him to run straight. Eventually he’s going to burn that RB and catch a bomb. With Buffalo’s WR signings I actually thought D.K. would be perfect here. Could ease him in through a few plays a game. Have him take over more of the load next year or the year after. I’m really disappointed he isn’t a Bill but time will tell. 

43 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Great article and shows scouts and front offices are getting more savvy. This was a weak WR class. I think Beane looked at who was available in the draft and felt the team already had players who possessed that skill set. He didn’t waste a pick on a player he knew wouldn’t have a great chance to separate himself from the others. Another sign Beane knew better than us what was going on. 

Just because Beane didn’t draft a WR does not mean that he knows better than us or anyone else. It is just the choice he made.

i think this was a decent WR class. As we saw only a few 1st round talents but a ton of potential. Guys like Butler in the 4th or Harmon in the 6th, just to name a few. I would have took a shot at one of those guys. 

40 minutes ago, Toesy said:

The funny thing about that article and Metcalf's shirtless photos-you can walk into a gym in any fair sized city and there will be a few guys or more who have a lot more impressive builds than Metcalf-it doesn't make you an NFL star.

Not many that I've been to...

Image result for dk metcalf

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Just because Beane didn’t draft a WR does not mean that he knows better than us or anyone else. It is just the choice he made.

i think this was a decent WR class. As we saw only a few 1st round talents but a ton of potential. Guys like Butler in the 4th or Harmon in the 6th, just to name a few. I would have took a shot at one of those guys. 

Saying that Bean doesn’t know better than us is like saying the physician doesn’t know more than us because we read Web MD everyday. 

And then you follow it up by calling this a decent WR class?  I think.....

wow. 

Edited by Jumpsuit Jim
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Toesy said:

The funny thing about that article and Metcalf's shirtless photos-you can walk into a gym in any fair sized city and there will be a few guys or more who have a lot more impressive builds than Metcalf-it doesn't make you an NFL star.

What gym do you work out at?

1 hour ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Great article and shows scouts and front offices are getting more savvy. This was a weak WR class. I think Beane looked at who was available in the draft and felt the team already had players who possessed that skill set. He didn’t waste a pick on a player he knew wouldn’t have a great chance to separate himself from the others. Another sign Beane knew better than us what was going on. 

Amen! We fans get emotionally attached to a player or a position group and would have the team pass on better players just to satisfy our emotional desire. Fortunately Beane didn’t listen to us.

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Bills2ref said:

Hype or not, as a combine warrior alone, I would have been thrilled with DK in the 3rd round. Far more than a RB. It’s not like D.K. didn’t produce when not injured. 

DK was already gone.  He went the last pick of the 2nd round.  Maybe the Bills would have taken him in the 3rd too.  RB shouldn't even be in the conversation since he was taken 10 picks later...

• Like (+1) 3

I wanted Metcalf, and would have been happy with him in rd2, especially without trading up.

I have always understood he has a high "bust factor", but his ceiling is just so freakin' high. Because of his size/speed, if he could clean up his release and work on catching with his hands he has a chance to be top 3 in the league.

I know it's a long shot, but he seems like the WR version of Allen.

At this point, I understand Beane's route, and am ok with who he drafted. He does know worlds more than I do when it comes to football, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't at least a little worried about DK becoming a marquee player that we passed on.

I can’t believe this guys still being talked about this much on here, receiver was not a huge need and definitely not as much as some make it out to be. D.K. might very well turn into a great receiver but they just didn’t want him. Doesn’t make it a bad decision, we’re already breaking in a ton of new players on offense. If they feel we’re a receiver away from a serious run I’m sure Beane will pay the price to get one. The team is setup nicely, to the point they can spend a lot of draft capital and make a huge move if they need to or someone becomes available. This season is not going to make or break on a rookie receiver 

• Like (+1) 4

The DK hype was created by an agent that sold him on media exposure. That can be expensive. It simply did not work. The fans around the league were in love but the GMs were unimpressed.

I believe DK appeared at 25 or more private workouts. Maybe he should have stayed at home

• Like (+1) 1

Hyped or not, sounds like this guy doesn't even get a chance to prove himself to this board.  Just because he is not a Bill I am guessing. 

This is exactly how Josh Allen was treated last year

Not one mention of Sills either.  Did anyone pay attention past the 3rd round?  Sills led the nation in TDs over the last two years.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bills2ref said:

Hype or not, as a combine warrior alone, I would have been thrilled with DK in the 3rd round. Far more than a RB. It’s not like D.K. didn’t produce when not injured. 

It’s not like he made it to the 3rd rd

Fans always are tempted to reach on WRs in part because most of them interact with the league mostly through fantasy football.  People love to draft players from their favorite team, and selecting DK Metcalf would give them a chance to make the magic happen.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, buffalostu2 said:

Hyped or not, sounds like this guy doesn't even get a chance to prove himself to this board.  Just because he is not a Bill I am guessing. 

This is exactly how Josh Allen was treated last year

Not one mention of Sills either.  Did anyone pay attention past the 3rd round?  Sills led the nation in TDs over the last two years.

He doesn’t get a chance to prove himself on this board?  If he proves himself, lots of us will say “good for him, he didn’t break his neck again” or “good for him, as a 6’3 230 4.3 WR he actually produced”.  

Hes is a funny joke on this board.  Laugh along with it.  He isn’t reading this. He doesn’t give a ****. He doesn’t know this board exists.  We aren’t on first take ripping him.

• Like (+1) 2