New Player Numbers

wppete

On 5/1/2019 at 6:44 PM, Binghamton Beast said:

Oliver should take 77.

The best Bills d-linemen in our history have work jersey’s in the 70’s.

Sestak, 70, Smerlas, 76 and of course Bruce, 78.

How soon they forget:  #77 Ben Williams was pretty good too.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

It’s crazy that some of these free agent signings from almost 2 months ago still don’t have #s. You’d think the Bills would be attempting to sell some jerseys. Beasley or Brown.

Instead, it appears they are trying to win games.

• Like (+1) 1

I will admit I don’t pay much attention to this stuff. Ed will not be #10. I get it. There is so much change every year I have a hard time grasping all the players early in the year. The one who was easy to keep track of was the GIANT at MLB! That was easy! Where’s .......oh never mind, I see the BIG guy. 

On 5/2/2019 at 11:53 AM, HuSeYiN_NYC said:

Yeah i threw my Thomas jersey away... i wasn't too young when the Bills had their run (I'm born in 78) but I had a issue with Thurman saying negative things about Muslims on social media a while back so I stopped F'ing with him since then... Maybe he's not as ignorant anymore and has actually done research instead of feeding into the picture the media portrays of Islam but for me, 34 jerseys are a no go...

You could've gotten a 'Braxton' nameplate in honor of the late Jim 'Bubba' Braxton. That would've been a sweet conversation piece.

I think Singletary should take a low digit number and change later in season, if I am not mistaken Ray-Ray McCloud did this last year.

I like it when receivers wear numbers in the 80-89 range, even more reason to root for Duke Williams and his #82 jersey.

19 hours ago, Logic said:

#29 is available, right? That's probably the best of the bunch.

He wore #5 in college, so #25 seems logical. The only problem is, it's already taken for 2019. After that, though?

That would be an interesting transgression as McCoy wore #29 his rookie year before switching to #25 the following year. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

How would telling us what number a guy is going to wear, going to effect that?

This reminds me of when people on Twitter tell the team account to stop tweeting because they should be focused on practicing lol.

Edited by junior12thman92
  • Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

How would telling us what number a guy is going to wear, going to effect that?

Just like I said. It appears they have more important things to worry about than what number some players are going to have on their jersey. Relax, they won’t be running around with blank shirts on.

I don’t pay much attention to who gets what number, but as the years go by, FA takes off, rosters turn more quickly, more special packages are employed and more draft guys play prominent roles early......it takes me a while to catch on when the season begins. It used to be, for the most part, the same 11 guys on offense and the same 11 on defense, with a new guy or two. They use almost the WHOLE ROSTER now, it seems. 

On 5/4/2019 at 10:24 PM, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

It’s crazy that some of these free agent signings from almost 2 months ago still don’t have #s. You’d think the Bills would be attempting to sell some jerseys. Beasley or Brown.

John Brown is wearing number 2 in this picture, which seems to indicate that he doesn't have a number yet?  #2 is not in the range of approved numbers for WR's.  

Gerber is speculating that Brown is waiting for #13 to be made available?

Edited by One Buffalo

2 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

Is this really a thing people pay attention to? Not being facetious, just noticing tons of posts about player numbers clogging up my twitter feed. 

Yes. Not sure why you wouldn’t care.

I pay close attention to numbers in every sport for every team.

In the pictures of the guys at the children's hospital on the Bills website, John Brown is wearing 2, and Andre Roberts is wearing 8. Obviously those will change. Morse again was wearing 60, Fisher 84 looking very big, Spain 67 also looking massive, and Waddle 74, and Feliciano 76 with a man bun.