2 year clock?

54 minutes ago, KzooMike said:

I will spare a long list of reasons. Just using what I feel the pace is set at. It’s almost impossible to see any leadership changes happen after 2019. That said, if we meddle for two years I see the fans out for blood and the leadership doesn’t survive after 2020. Curious if people think they get more time?

What in the holy hell?

Edited by dubs

I think (speculation only) the Pegulas see Brandon Beane and Sean McDermott as our answer to Mickey Loomis (18th year) and Sean Payton (14th year).  The next two years would have to be less than 6 wins each or some major scandal would have to unfold for anything to change.  Even Payton and Loomis survived Bounty Gate.

On the other side of this discussion, I strongly suspect that both GM and Coach are looking at long extensions if this is a playoff year.

Edited by JoeF
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Year 1 one was playoffs, even when they started to clean house and stock pile picks. 

Year 2 was all about drafting Allen and Edmunds.  They gutted the team to clear salary and restart.   Thankfully, and despite fielding a very low talent and very young team, Coach McD pulled a decent season out of the second half.  

Year 3 Buffalo is making moves in free agency and the draft and they still will have plenty of cap space to work with. I see the fans 100% behind Beane and McDermott.  I see us winning 8 min, and  more likely 10 games which includes playoffs.  The fans willl be happy with this progression from last year. 

Year 4 we go to solid playoff team status. 

Beane and McD are on solid ground.  The Bills are on an upswing.  No one Is talking about any leadership changes.  That would be bad.  

They need to be playoff status this year. 

Pretty meaningless to speculate, in my opinion. If things go epically terrible this year I could see them getting fired. If things go decently well I could see then here for another 5 years. Just no way to know.

1 hour ago, KzooMike said:

Question is how long does our leadership team get to prove itself? I have no agenda, if you don’t like the timing of the subject move on. 

At the end of the day they’re faith will rest on DID they picked the right QB = franchise ? 

I think they did , 

Edited by Putin
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, KzooMike said:

Question is how long does our leadership team get to prove itself? I have no agenda, if you don’t like the timing of the subject move on. 

Two questions for you:

1) Besides the evil Patriot empire, what other leadership groups in the NFL have more than two years (from the OP) left to prove  themselves?

2) Do you believe the Bills leadership are on the one year prove-it plan? If so, why?

2 hours ago, KzooMike said:

I will spare a long list of reasons. Just using what I feel the pace is set at. It’s almost impossible to see any leadership changes happen after 2019. That said, if we meddle for two years I see the fans out for blood and the leadership doesn’t survive after 2020. Curious if people think they get more time?

You know they can give you pills that will help with your depression.

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

Winter is coming

The Night King is dead.

They will get 2-3 more yrs to take their plan to reality. The difference between todays Bills and the Bills of the past is night and day. It is refreshing to see a plan and leadership. I dont think anyone can disagree with the moves Beane made in free agency. Just about every contract was team friendly. Every position cannot be fixed correctly in one offseason but the Bills are more talented this season than they were last season. 

10 hours ago, KzooMike said:

Trump 2020!

So, if they go 9-7 in back to back years, a winning record in 3 of 4 years, and an overall winning record over 4 years (33-31) as a staff in Bills history for the first time in 20 years they should get the boot?

Sounds old time Billy’s to do.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts