Successful season...what will it take?

What will you consider a successful season in 19-20?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Assuming no major injuries to key players, success is...

• 10-6 or better record, and playoffs
    • 9-7, miss playoffs
    • 8-8, miss playoffs
    • Success no matter how bad the season goes, look to the future (TtP...I can't bring myself to type the phrase)

If Josh allen throws for 5000+ and 30+ tds less than 12 ints, it’s a success. We could go 5-11.  Most likely just means the refs ****** us in more than a few games

if we make the playoffs, it’s a success. 

3 minutes ago, vorpma said:

Many will not be happy unless we win the super bowl; and even then they will find fault!

I mean, how can we be happy if DK Metcalf has 1000 yards and 10tds!?!?  

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, NewEra said:

If Josh allen throws for 5000+ and 30+ tds less than 12 ints, it’s a success. We could go 5-11.  Most likely just means the refs ****** us in more than a few games

Trust me, we will still get B*******; ooops I will get kicked off again! I said a no no!

1 hour ago, GreggTX said:

Bottom line is that Josh Allen is our ceiling and he has the worst accuracy of ANY starting QB in the NFL. Then again, he's one of the 2 best scramblers and one of the strongest arms. He also needs to be able to make quicker, smarter decisions which is not automatic. Hopefully his decision making will take a big leap this year. As far as the accuracy goes, I don't see it happening unless he lengthens his throwing motion and gets away from that shot-put like motion he uses now and starts throwing over the top. It will add time to his release, but if it helps his accuracy, that would be a HUGE advantage to him.

I think 7 or 8n wins is most likely.

Additionally, we will need to acquire another beast to play DLE in order to maximize Oliver's impact or he will be facing double teams all year.

If most quarterbacks were playing behind last years "offensive line," they'd have incredible inaccuracy stats.  And the fact Allen was a rookie is irrelevant.  But what's logic have to do with it.

36 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I would consider that a success

As would I. In fact, I think this is a fairly likely scenario. 9 wins is attainable. And I think one of the wild card teams will be a 9 win team in the AFC. Might be the Bills.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

He does that you win well more then 5 games.

52 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

If most quarterbacks were playing behind last years "offensive line," they'd have incredible inaccuracy stats.  And the fact Allen was a rookie is irrelevant.  But what's logic have to do with it.

I don’t how many times I’ve said Peyton Manning was 3-13 his rookie year.  He played on a crappy team and Polian built around him.  if you don’t  Have some hope with 26 new prospects on the team, I don’t know what to say.

We’ll be better and the Mgmt has picked what looks to be wisely.  They are not perfect, but what GM is perfect.  Just hang tight and see what happens.

i don't have time right now to read all the posts, but imo, the most important thing to our success is mcd making sure mcfrazier is living in the 2000's.

we have got to have an attacking defense....not relying on the front 4 and two or 3 blitzes a season, but kicking some qb asses. it ain't that hard. if it is, maybe we need to hire back jim schartz or pettine for 2020.

there, i drew the line in the sand. the antiquated defense is the only thing that can keep us out of the playoffs.

3 hours ago, vorpma said:

Many will not be happy unless we win the super bowl; and even then they will find fault!

And many will consider the season an abject failure if we miss the playoffs or don't hit some number of wins that are deemed acceptable.

Neither extreme appeals to me.

The most important outcome for a successful season to me is confidence that Josh Allen is our long term solution at QB.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SinceThe70s said:

And many will consider the season an abject failure if we miss the playoffs or don't hit some number of wins that are deemed acceptable.

Neither extreme appeals to me.

The most important outcome for a successful season to me is confidence that Josh Allen is our long term solution at QB.

Then playoffs...