Successful season...what will it take?

What will you consider a successful season in 19-20?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Assuming no major injuries to key players, success is...

• 10-6 or better record, and playoffs
    • 9-7, miss playoffs
    • 8-8, miss playoffs
    • Success no matter how bad the season goes, look to the future (TtP...I can't bring myself to type the phrase)

I picked the first one, but even more important than record and playoffs is Allen’s growth, I would rather see him take the needed steps to be an elite quarterback than back into the playoffs as a run heavy team with minimal quarterback play 

• Like (+1) 7

Allen cements himself as the Franchise and we are, at the very least, contending for the Playoffs.  

If we’re in it until the last week and just miss the cut, but Allen is the real deal, I’m booking it as a successful season.  

That being said, the talent on this team lends itself to being a Playoff squad if Allen is legit, so they go hand in hand. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Playoffs

25 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I picked the first one, but even more important than record and playoffs is Allen’s growth, I would rather see him take the needed steps to be an elite quarterback than back into the playoffs as a run heavy team with minimal quarterback play 

but wouldn't a winning record and playoffs coincide with Allen's growth?

• Like (+1) 1

Bottom line is that Josh Allen is our ceiling and he has the worst accuracy of ANY starting QB in the NFL. Then again, he's one of the 2 best scramblers and one of the strongest arms. He also needs to be able to make quicker, smarter decisions which is not automatic. Hopefully his decision making will take a big leap this year. As far as the accuracy goes, I don't see it happening unless he lengthens his throwing motion and gets away from that shot-put like motion he uses now and starts throwing over the top. It will add time to his release, but if it helps his accuracy, that would be a HUGE advantage to him.

I think 7 or 8n wins is most likely.

Additionally, we will need to acquire another beast to play DLE in order to maximize Oliver's impact or he will be facing double teams all year.

33 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Success? That's minimum playoffs. Progress is 8-8 or 9-7. 7-9 is disappointing. 6-10 barring major injuries is QtP. Question the Process time. 

This.  We can still be going right direction and not make playoffs.  But to call anything a “success”, well that’s starts with a return to the playoffs.

Good news is I believe strongly we will make the playoffs if Josh progresses even a little.  And I expect him to progress a lot actually.

• Like (+1) 1

Playoffs, if it's a year in similar record to this year you need to start questioning the head coach and the staff he's assembled. Given the schedule and state of the division it should be a 10 win season minimum. If Allen doesn't progress and the defense doesn't continue it's stout play there's a problem.

• Like (+1) 1

I think the posters above me kind of said it already, but success should be almost entirely based around Allen's Growth this year. I feel like our D will be as good if not better. Allen progressing will turn into wins - so rather than win totals, how about:

Allen - 3500+ yds passing and 800 yds rushing  ( btw that's 220ish yards passing per game for a season)

** super amazing progression stat would be a 2:1 TD to INT ratio

(As a team) - 2000+ yds rushing

Def ranked top 5 (hell i'd take top 10) if we got the above

That would be a playoff year