[Name Only Title] Jon Bostic

Recently cut by the Steelers and I think it would be a great idea to bring him in as depth.  Our LB crew is entirely too thin.  I really wasn't a fan of Julian Stanford having to play when Edmunds got hurt.

Bostic has been productive the last two years and would instantly be our top back up LB.

Just now, Buffalo86 said:

A run stopper who's  a total liability in coverage isn't too valuable in today's NFL.  I think he's just a name at this point.

...thinking we have a pretty formidable talent pool of 90 to work through now and there will be some significant talent in the 37 let go...grass ain't always greener IMO.....

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...thinking we have a pretty formidable talent pool of 90 to work through now and there will be some significant talent in the 37 let go...grass ain't always greener IMO.....

Agreed.  I think our roster is past the point where we need to chase every player we've heard of.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo86 said:

Agreed.  I think our roster is past the point where we need to chase every player we've heard of.

..is it just me my friend, or has it been a long time since we have had this much talent (yes on paper so far) heading to camp within the 90 body count?.....hell we're talking about tough choices to get to the final 53 and how some formidable talent may be in the 37 cuts..am I clueless (usually am)??......

20 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I would take him as depth - he’s MLB, correct? 

He is, but he’s REALLY slow. Seems more like Lorax’s backup for our system.  If TE goes out I feel we’d go with Milano at MLB and Joseph at WILL

31 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..is it just me my friend, or has it been a long time since we have had this much talent (yes on paper so far) heading to camp within the 90 body count?.....hell we're talking about tough choices to get to the final 53 and how some formidable talent may be in the 37 cuts..am I clueless (usually am)??......

It's been far too long.  I love what the Bills have done this offseason & am pretty convinced that we're heading in the right direction.  It feels weird to say that.

• Like (+1) 1

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A single name if far too vague to post as a title and provides little insight into what specifically the post is talking about.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

50 minutes ago, Buffalo86 said:

It's been far too long.  I love what the Bills have done this offseason & am pretty convinced that we're heading in the right direction.  It feels weird to say that.

...LOL...but under the radar "giddy".....exciting an old fart like me just doesn't happen any more...."Alex I'll take Exciting The Old Fart For $800"....

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Ittakestime said:

Recently cut by the Steelers and I think it would be a great idea to bring him in as depth.  Our LB crew is entirely too thin.  I really wasn't a fan of Julian Stanford having to play when Edmunds got hurt.

Bostic has been productive the last two years and would instantly be our top back up LB.

C’MON, Man!

You've been here long enough to know thread title description is important.

Get with the program, please.

53 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

C’MON, Man!

You've been here long enough to know thread title description is important.

Get with the program, please.

What did u want in title?  The thread is about the player, didn't think it needed some long, unnecessary title. 

7 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

What did u want in title?  The thread is about the player, didn't think it needed some long, unnecessary title. 

Think again. Name only topics are frowned upon -as evidenced by the Moderator attachment to the title. You’re not saying anything about your topic to lead inquisitive members to bother to read.

“Bostic”

Bostic WHAT?!? Died? Shot his mother? Is taking a dump? None of these are “long, unnecessary titles”. They simply allow posters to determine if they’re interested in reading.

What is this? Kindergarten class??

3 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Forget preseason... I can't wait to watch PRACTICE!

• Like (+1) 1