What are some post-draft moves that you hope Buffalo explores?

SCBills

3 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

Nothing unless something really good presents itself. You dont need to spend all your money...

Thanks, Dad. Good advice!?

I’m more or less in agreement. If Oliver is everything he’s cracked up to be, the long missing inside pressure will reappear. That alone, will improve Shaq, Murphy’s, LoAx & Jerry’s pash rush.

The near complete overhaul is already overwhelming when trying quickly to decide who plays where and how. Especially so on offense. Again, Continuity, Communication & Chemistry, as Coach calls it. With roughly 30$M still in the bank, a game changing DE/Edge will likely come available. Otherwise, let’s just see what we have. imo.

1 hour ago, Bakin said:

Not sure why everyone is so down on Shaq. 

He has improved every year. 

I expect him to make a big leap in 2019. 

It's a big year for Shaq.  I doubt they pick up his 5th year option.

He competes this year and then next FA will determine if other teams think he's a #1 LDE.

I see him as a very good 2nd rotational guy.

Murphy with his injuries and is a complete mystery.  If he has chronic injuries this summer I can see him getting cut/traded.

All this makes me think if the right LDE is available Beane gets him soon.

I just want to get to camp but a long wait is now ahead of us. Time to do the summer stuff (apparently I have a wife and kids!), let the dust settle and then get to work on those 10 or 11 wins I genuinely think this team can achieve. 

29 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I didn’t say any of that.  I said there is no such thing as the myth of WRs breakout in year 3.  It’s statistically lower than years 1 or 2 but people keep stating this false fact that WRs most often break out in year 3 and it’s statistically been proven false multiple times.  

They can breakout any year, but it keeps decreasing each year, not “increasing” the likelihood in year 3 like some claim.

I think that myth has been perpetuated with Bills fans thanks to Moulds

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

It’s horrible value for the Texans,  100% wishful thinking on your part.  Terrible and will never happen

Yeah. What's being suggested is a 3rd and a 5th for Clowney. The Texans may not even take Murphy or Shaq as part of any deal. 

Gonna take AT LEAST a second and more likely a first. 

I wouldn't be opposed to giving up a first NEXT YEAR for a premier young player at a position of need. Imagine a front four with Clowney, Hughes, and Oliver? Many an uncomfortable day for opposing QB's. If things go according to plan, we're talking about a pick in the 20's.

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

CB - A fun area to watch as there will be a legit battle to start opposite Tre and at nickel.  Levi, Taron, Gaines, Johnson all have legit shots here.

I think Gaines is the front runner.  Familiar with McD's system, good against the run.  Pretty good corner all around plus has ball hawk skills.  Can he stay healthy?  That is the issue.

Edited by DCbillsfan
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GreggTX said:

The difference between Ziggy and both Murphy and Shaq is very minimal. I don't want to lock in such a minimal talent long term -- especially at such an important position. We already made that mistake with Lotulelei. Now Oliver will be drawing the double teams because of that mistake. We may have no choice but to wait for the 2020 draft to fill the LDE position. In the mean time, we'll have to hope that either Murphy's recovery is complete and he can have a 12+ sack season (doubtful) or Shaq suddenly lives up to expectations as a 1st round pick.

Any trade made at this point is likely to be too expensive and neither Demarcus Lawrence nor Von Miller nor Khalil Mack are available. I don't see any WR help coming either. Extend Jerry Hughes maybe and roll the surplus over to next year's cap.

I won’t disagree about getting similar  production from Ziggy and Shaq, but Murphy is definitely a sizable step back.  We’re one quality DE short right now IMO.  Optimally I’d love another stud DE opposite Hughes with Shaq as our rotational DE and Murphy as depth.  That’s not happening at this time of the year (barring a deal for Clowney).  Ansah would give us a very solid 3 DE rotation though.

Now let’s look beyond this season.  Hughes is in his last year.  Shaq only has his option year left.  The team is still thinking about that (https://www.profootballrumors.com/2019/04/bills-undecided-on-shaq-lawsons-fifth-year-option) but the decision is due by 5/2.  This is the real issue.  As it stands we won’t have any DEs worthy of starting next season (sorry, Murphy).  So this is the really huge issue.  I’d love to see Hughes extended. Ansah would depend on the deal he requires.  As for Shaq, I expect him to walk in FA either before or after his 5th year option is exercised.  He isn’t living up to his draft position which makes a deal with us tough to do.  Regardless, a deal has to set done with someone or we will be hurting next season. 

IMO...If the Texans are going to trade Clowney now, it won't be for a 2020 pick(s), it will be for a player who can help them this year.  If they wanted to take picks in return, they would have traded him prior to Thursday, so they could have received help in terms of this years draft.

4 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Two things.  

1.  There is no such thing as a 3 year leap.  Odds are higher a WR breaks out in year 1 than year 3.  Odds are higher a WR breaks out in year 2 than year 3.  And the odds a WR breaks out sometime in first 2 years overall are more than double that of year 3.  This year 3 myth originated in fantasy football and it’s been disproved many times.  

2.  His “improvements” is grossly over exaggerated and almost all his relevant production came in the two Miami games.  His catch rate was still bad.  Weeks 14, 15, and 16 were all utterly terrible.  People like to look at stat totals and it leads them to false conclusions.  

He can can certainly improve this year despite what I just said, but his “big improvement” last year is quite exaggerated.  He was pretty much irrelevant in most games, even dominated by opposing corners in several.  Not to mention, an UDFA out played him.

i beg to differ....sincerely, eric moulds

6 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

i beg to differ....sincerely, eric moulds

Huh?  How does that dispute what I just said?  Lol, did I say no WR ever has developed in year 3?  No, I said the myth that it’s MORE likely to happen in year 3 is false.  Hell guys have emerged in years 4 and 5 too.  

The myth is:  Most WRs are MORE  likely to breakout in year 3 than any other year.

It originated in fantasy football and proven false many times.  Statistically they are more likely to breakout in years 1 or 2 than they are in year 3.  Does NOT mean he can’t breakout in year 3.  

But many posters keep repeating this false myth that he is MORE likely to breakout BECAUSE it’s his third year because they believe the myth that a WR is more likely to breakout in year 3 than any other year.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

4 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I didn’t say any of that.  I said there is no such thing as the myth of WRs breakout in year 3.  It’s statistically lower than years 1 or 2 but people keep stating this false fact that WRs most often break out in year 3 and it’s statistically been proven false multiple times.  

They can breakout any year, but it keeps decreasing each year, not “increasing” the likelihood in year 3 like some claim.

I didn't say that you said that...

5 hours ago, Rocket94 said:

I like McCoy...but where does he go? Part of the rotation...all hinges on how Oliver is deployed.

Do the Bills currently have a pro bowl DT on the roster in rotation? The Bills could be awaiting for Tampa to outright release him as the Bucs don't want his 13 mill per cap hit. And he is not happy as they are moving to a 3-4 and moving him to DE.

The guy might not be the player he was four years ago, still he ranked 21 out of 112 DTs. Find a spot! 

Just now, dollars 2 donuts said:

This has to be number 1, and after everything that has gone on doesn’t he have to be impressed with what this organization has done and want to be a part of it as long the money is there?

He have to make sure his shoulder is good to go if he wants to be here where the money is.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Clyde Smith said:

I want us to get our "Khalil Mack" leading up to the start of the season. Some great players will probably become trade bait this summer, for a need position I hope we nab one.

Any other names you got besides Clowney or Ansah?

I am all ears.

I need information dammit. ?

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Any other names you got besides Clowney or Ansah?

I am all ears.

I need information dammit. ?

You never know what player or team decides they need a change or just outright disgruntled and force a trade or release. It happens basically every year. Let's get another Lawyer Milloy:thumbsup:

I don’t think we need to do anything.  We picked up 8 players in the draft, 4 on each side of the ball, and signed 18 free agents.  (Significantly, mostly on offense.). That’s 26 new faces.

We are so deep now, even at QB, The Turk is gonna be busy on cut-down day.

2 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

Do the Bills currently have a pro bowl DT on the roster in rotation? The Bills could be awaiting for Tampa to outright release him as the Bucs don't want his 13 mill per cap hit. And he is not happy as they are moving to a 3-4 and moving him to DE.

The guy might not be the player he was four years ago, still he ranked 21 out of 112 DTs. Find a spot! 

I like McCoy myself. I mentioned this possibility about a week ago. Yes, with a new team that wants him, he could reinvent himself and be a cog in the new energy brewing. Arians of TB publicly stated that McCoy has lost some of his "disruptiveness" He is only 31...change of scenery could help.