What are some post-draft moves that you hope Buffalo explores?

SCBills

Wait out Ziggy?

Engage Houston on Clowney?  How far would you be willing to go?  2nd plus player?... a 1st?

Any potential WRs you’d like to make a move for?  A guy like Agholar? 

Kyle Rudolph?

Getting Clowney would likely mean the end of Lawson or Murphy's time here, so you may as well include one of them in a deal with Houston...

Lawson, 3 & 5 for Clowney doesn't seem like horrible value for either side...

Outside of that or impending vet. cuts, I think the roster is fairly set...

I wouldn’t be opposed to moving a player and late pick for Rudolph. It would have to be someone the coaches think can’t make the team though, Croom, One of the offensive linemen or something. I wouldn’t touch the defense or add anyone I think they’re going to be lights out as is. We keep stressing pass rush but with the addition of Oliver and Hughes playing for a new contract I think we’ll be good there. Between Murphy and Lawson and Zo I think we’ll be pleasantly surprised at the rush they generate 

Well, something has to happen in regards to defensive end.  They have to decide about Lawson’s 5th year option by Friday.  Hughes is on last year of deal.  Ansah is still out there.  Clowney ship has probably sailed.  If Houston was gonna trade him, it would’ve happened before the draft.  

39 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Wait out Ziggy?

Engage Houston on Clowney?  How far would you be willing to go?  2nd plus player?... a 1st?

Any potential WRs you’d like to make a move for?  A guy like Agholar? 

Kyle Rudolph?

No on WR and TE.  We are set with great competition at both spots for now.  Agholar may not even be 4th in the depth chart here.  

Clowney or Ansah I can see, and I think Ansah is much more plausible.  

Outside of that, I think we are mostly going to be done until camp and other cuts start happening.  We are setup with deep competition at just about every area of this team.  Starters are only locked at Safety, LB, KR, and QB.  

DE - Shaq, Murphy and the rookie will compete to play opposite Hughes.

DT - Ed, Jordan and Harry will compete to start next to Star, with Ed being a big favorite to start week 1.  But all will likely rotate in.  

LB - this is set, competition will be for backup spots.

CB - A fun area to watch as there will be a legit battle to start opposite Tre and at nickel.  Levi, Taron, Gaines, Johnson all have legit shots here.

S - All set, battle will be for backups.  

Offense:

QB - Set, no real battles here other than Tyree trying to hang on as a 3rd or PS QB.

RB - McCoy is the starter, but what will be the pecking order?  Does Gore make this final roster?  Does Singletary play his way into the rotation?  How will they use Yeldon?  So still some intrigue and competition here.

WR - Might be the most exciting and funnest competition of them all, it’s truly wide open.  Cole is the only locked in guy as the primary slot WR.  Foster and Brown are penciled in starters, but will they be week 1?  Can Zay make a claim to a big spot on the depth chart or will he fall back with stiff competition?  Duke and Sills are wildcards who not only could challenge for roster spots,  but relevant playing time.  Still have McKenzie and Roberts there too.  

TE - Kroft is penciled in as the starter, but I expect Knox is going to be strong competition to Croom as the #2 and wouldn’t surprise me at all to see Knox play a lot in the passing game this year.   Croom and the other rookie will also be an interesting battle to watch.

OL - The other very exciting battle!  So many options here...who is LT, Ty or Dion?  Does Cody win the RT job or slide to guard?  How those battles play out will greatly impact both guard spots competition too.  Morse is the only locked in guy out of the 5 spots.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

No on WR and TE.  We are set with great competition at both spots for now.  Agholar may not even be 4th in the depth chart here.  

Clowney or Ansah I can see, and I think Ansah is much more plausible.  

Outside of that, I think we are mostly going to be done until camp and other cuts start happening.  We are setup with deep competition at just about every area of this team.  Starters are only locked at Safety, LB, KR, and QB.  

DE - Shaq, Murphy and the rookie will compete to play opposite Hughes.

DT - Ed, Jordan and Harry will compete to start next to Star, with Ed being a big favorite to start week 1.  But all will likely rotate in.  

LB - this is set, competition will be for backup spots.

CB - A fun area to watch as there will be a legit battle to start opposite Tre and at nickel.  Levi, Taron, Gaines, Johnson all have legit shots here.

S - All set, battle will be for backups.  

Offense:

QB - Set, no real battles here other than Tyree trying to hang on as a 3rd or PS QB.

RB - McCoy is the starter, but what will be the pecking order?  Does Gore make this final roster?  Does Singletary play his way into the rotation?  How will they use Yeldon?  So still some intrigue and competition here.

WR - Might be the most exciting and funnest competition of them all, it’s truly wide open.  Cole is the only locked in guy as the primary slot WR.  Foster and Brown are penciled in starters, but will they be week 1?  Can Zay make a claim to a big spot on the depth chart or will he fall back with stiff competition?  Duke and Sills are wildcards who not only could challenge for roster spots,  but relevant playing time.  Still have McKenzie and Roberts there too.  

TE - Kroft is penciled in as the starter, but I expect Knox is going to be strong competition to Croom as the #2 and wouldn’t surprise me at all to see Knox play a lot in the passing game this year.   Croom and the other rookie will also be an interesting battle to watch.

OL - The other very exciting battle!  So many options here...who is LT, Ty or Dion?  Does Cody when the RT job or slide to guard?  How those battles play out will greatly impact both guard spots competition too.  Morse is the only locked in guy out of the 5 spots.

Agreed, lots of talent & depth on this team.  Really the only holes I see are #1 WR and EDGE opposite Hughes. 

There werent any options for that #1 WR in the Draft so I understand why we didn’t address it.   Still a couple options out there to address EDGE, although both come with risks - One is the waiting game for a guy we may have to get in a bidding war over once cleared, and the other would command a potential 1st Round Pick and massive contract.  

• Like (+1) 1

I'd be happy to see Ansah on a one year deal. Anything to improve the pass rush rotation is fine by me. Even signing him they will still have cap space to roll to 2020

24 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

Getting Clowney would likely mean the end of Lawson or Murphy's time here, so you may as well include one of them in a deal with Houston...

Plus a $150M contract  for Clowney!!

The difference between Ziggy and both Murphy and Shaq is very minimal. I don't want to lock in such a minimal talent long term -- especially at such an important position. We already made that mistake with Lotulelei. Now Oliver will be drawing the double teams because of that mistake. We may have no choice but to wait for the 2020 draft to fill the LDE position. In the mean time, we'll have to hope that either Murphy's recovery is complete and he can have a 12+ sack season (doubtful) or Shaq suddenly lives up to expectations as a 1st round pick.

Any trade made at this point is likely to be too expensive and neither Demarcus Lawrence nor Von Miller nor Khalil Mack are available. I don't see any WR help coming either. Extend Jerry Hughes maybe and roll the surplus over to next year's cap.

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

It’s horrible value for the Texans,  100% wishful thinking on your part.  Terrible and will never happen

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, JM57 said:

I'd be happy to see Ansah on a one year deal. Anything to improve the pass rush rotation is fine by me. Even signing him they will still have cap space to roll to 2020

If he checks out then good. Who else is out there?

3 more observations:  1. Many people are writing Zay Jones off way too easily. 2. Cody Ford is our starting RT for the forseable future. 3. We're still a year away from being a heavy weight contender and even that's questionable until Allen can learn how to aim a football. PFF ranked him like 32nd in ball placement and noted that even many of his short throws were well off the mark. That's probably the single biggest reason why we suffered so many dropped passes last year. I'm tired of hearing "good enough" on this board. I want the Bills to win a SB while I'm still around to see it and "good enough" usually means 2nd best in my experience.

Edited by GreggTX
  • Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Nothing unless something really good presents itself. You dont need to spend all your money...

While this is true, it is important to point out that, if all goes well this season, we probably won’t be in a good position to get a top flight pass rusher in next years draft...just something to consider.

Just now, Nihilarian said:

The only trade I'd look at would be for Gerald McCoy who the Bucs really need to move to free up some cap space. Ziggy might be worth it. 

Otherwise, I'd like to see what all the FA signings and draft brings.  

I hope that we can give Jerry and extension first and foremost,  don’t let him hit the market,  teams will pay him.

I’d really like ansah on a 1 year (or team friendly multiyear deal we can get out of).

any pass rusher if we can’t get Ansah. Shane Ray? Sam Acho, Connor Barwin, Kony Ealy, William Hayes, Michael Johnson, Dion Jordan, Matt Longacre, Pernell McPhee, Derrick Morgan, Nick Perry, Frostee Rucker, Derrick Shelby, Frank Zombo.  I like Yarbrough but he’s not very good.  Eli Harold?  Is he a DE or SLB? Either way, he’s meh. We could use one more good DE for the rotation as Murphy and/or Shaw will be missing time with injury  

Michael Crabtree, Dez Bryant, Pierre Garcon, Dontrelle Inman, Jermaine Kearse, Rishard Matthews, De’Anthony Thomas, Mike Wallace, Terrance Williams anyone?  Meh.

5 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

While this is true, it is important to point out that, if all goes well this season, we probably won’t be in a good position to get a top flight pass rusher in next years draft...just something to consider.

Definitely worth thinking about.  Especially if that 1st is traded for Clowney.  Have to imagine that pick will NOT be in the first half of the 1st Round. 

I’d think long and hard about extending Hughes and trading for Clowney. 

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

Thats absolutely horrible value for the Texans

• Like (+1) 2