MMQB Draft winners and losers: Bills are... both?

4 hours ago, Rampage said:

New England can draft whoever they want, that's a .500 at best football team without the greatest quarterback of all-time. They better plan on getting another one or they'll be in for some long years.

I think Jarrett Stidham is one of the Patriots' draft picks.  He needs some development, but he has the skill set to have a nice high ceiling if he develops to his potential.  I hope the Patriots fall flat on their smug faces at some point but Buffalo can't count on that.  They need to plan on getting better themselves and beat the Patriots at the top of their game if need be.

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

New England hasnt been much better if at all than many other teams drafting...its their way of poaching players in the last year if their deals that sets them apart.

NE consistently picks at the end of the 1st round and most others. What they do is trade picks for players often on the cheap because teams don't know how to use them (Van Noy), players trying to revitalize their careers and dupe some team into giving them crazy $ (Revis, Trent Brown), and players at the end of their careers that want to win a ring. This happens year after year. Their drafts aren't great, but they get enough hits in the very good/good range. Not many players in that category make the Pro Bowl or get recognized as individuals. 

2 hours ago, WhoTom said:

No doubt Brady is a huge part of their success, but they went 11-5 with Cassel under center when Brady tore his ACL in game 1.

That's because their schedule was ridiculously easy. 4 of the 5 losses they had were against teams with winning records and 9 of their 11 wins were against teams with losing records, 5 of which were teams that finished 5-11 or worse. Any coach could have done that that season with a schedule like that

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:
Losers

The AFC East: The Patriots picked 10 players, many of them believed to be quite good.  Depending on your schemes, it doesn’t get much better than N’Keal Harry, Joejuan Williams and Chase Winovich back to back to back. What if Bill Belichick isn’t going anywhere soon and sees himself fit to continue this thing for the foreseeable future? It’s drafts like this that will get him there.

Belicheat could fart his way through the combine, draft a first round punter and cut the rest of his picks during mini-camps and the media would unanimously praise his genius.

3 hours ago, WhoTom said:

No doubt Brady is a huge part of their success, but they went 11-5 with Cassel under center when Brady tore his ACL in game 1.

That’s a totally different team. Let me go through who was on that roster that surrounded Matt Cassel. Are you ready? Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Benjamin Watson, Matt Light, Logan Mankins, Richard Seymour, Ty Warren, Vince Wilfork, Adalius Thomas, and Brandon Meriweather. Not even going to mention the vets like Harrison, Bruschi and Vrabel that were on their last legs.

The Patriots team now has nothing at wideout, no pass rush and an aging secondary. I know you have PTSD after all these years but recognize what this New England team is. They were a bone headed offside call from losing to KC last year. Brady has been carrying them for years now.

Edited by Rampage

On 4/28/2019 at 2:23 PM, cage said:

You mean December?

Well that too but they gotta start somewhere.  Basically I am waiting on seeing some FOOTBALL not the preseason variety either!!

On 4/28/2019 at 3:58 PM, nucci said:

I'm looking forward to meaningful football in December

I agree - but most of all I am looking forward to the start of this season....pre season OK but I am looking forward to some REAL MEANINGFUL FOOTBALL!!!!