MMQB Draft winners and losers: Bills are... both?

Winners

Bills: Sometimes you play the board, sometimes the board plays you, and sometimes the board drops your way and you don’t have to do much of anything at all. While Ed Oliver wasn’t going to fit in every defense, he fits perfectly in Buffalo. The fact that versatile offensive lineman Cody Ford was available in the second was simply kismet. While drafting a receiver would have placed a cherry on top of the sundae, this is a draft good for both coach and quarterback.

Losers

The AFC East: The Patriots picked 10 players, many of them believed to be quite good.  Depending on your schemes, it doesn’t get much better than N’Keal Harry, Joejuan Williams and Chase Winovich back to back to back. What if Bill Belichick isn’t going anywhere soon and sees himself fit to continue this thing for the foreseeable future? It’s drafts like this that will get him there.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 5

I like what he Bills have done.  I like the FA pick ups.  I would think that they are not done yet, some diamonds in the rough yet to be found.  Looking forward to MEANINGFUL football in September!

GO BILLS!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kwai San said:

I like what he Bills have done.  I like the FA pick ups.  I would think that they are not done yet, some diamonds in the rough yet to be found.  Looking forward to MEANINGFUL football in September!

GO BILLS!

And the competitons to come in training camp just to make this team this season.

1 hour ago, Kwai San said:

GO BILLS!

You mean December?

• Like (+1) 1

I'll believe the Pats' players are good when I see it on the field. Outside of Michel, a couple OL players, and an occasional defensive player they refuse to pay once they hit FA they really haven't drafted that well in recent years. They have Tom Brady and make solid moves bringing in FA. 

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Losers

The AFC East: The Patriots picked 10 players, many of them believed to be quite good.  Depending on your schemes, it doesn’t get much better than N’Keal Harry, Joejuan Williams and Chase Winovich back to back to back. What if Bill Belichick isn’t going anywhere soon and sees himself fit to continue this thing for the foreseeable future? It’s drafts like this that will get him there.

When Belichick takes a dump, do sports writers marvel at it?

• Haha (+1) 3

41 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

When Belichick takes a dump, do sports writers marvel at it?

"The BM (Belichick Movement) was solid, cleaned up easily, and didn't stink.

It was the GOAT - the Greatest Of All Turds." - ESPN

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Kwai San said:

GO BILLS!

I'm looking forward to meaningful football in December

2 hours ago, Rampage said:

New England can draft whoever they want, that's a .500 at best football team without the greatest quarterback of all-time. They better plan on getting another one or they'll be in for some long years.

Let someone like Rex Ryan coach them with Brady at quarterback and you'll see how simplistic this argument is.

3 hours ago, Rampage said:

New England can draft whoever they want, that's a .500 at best football team without the greatest quarterback of all-time. They better plan on getting another one or they'll be in for some long years.

No doubt Brady is a huge part of their success, but they went 11-5 with Cassel under center when Brady tore his ACL in game 1.

All he had to say was (Brady) and not mention the draft picks.

5 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

No doubt Brady is a huge part of their success, but they went 11-5 with Cassel under center when Brady tore his ACL in game 1.

After they went 18-1 the year before resulting in a 7 game difference.

That team was stacked... it isnt like that now.

Edited by Boca BIlls

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Winners

Bills: Sometimes you play the board, sometimes the board plays you, and sometimes the board drops your way and you don’t have to do much of anything at all. While Ed Oliver wasn’t going to fit in every defense, he fits perfectly in Buffalo. The fact that versatile offensive lineman Cody Ford was available in the second was simply kismet. While drafting a receiver would have placed a cherry on top of the sundae, this is a draft good for both coach and quarterback.

Losers

New England hasnt been much better if at all than many other teams drafting...its their way of poaching players in the last year if their deals that sets them apart.

16 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

All he had to say was (Brady) and not mention the draft picks.

After they went 18-1 the year before resulting in a 7 game difference.

That team was stacked... it isnt like that now.

I understand that, but Belichick is the guy who stacked that team.

Take Brady out of the equation and Belichick doesn't have six rings. But I think it's safe to say that he'd have much better than a .500 record.

22 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

I understand that, but Belichick is the guy who stacked that team.

Take Brady out of the equation and Belichick doesn't have six rings. But I think it's safe to say that he'd have much better than a .500 record.

No he most likely wouldn't. He wouldn't have been the Patriots HC for that long without Brady.