MUST WATCH TV: David Sills V story on ESPN E:60!!! (On now)

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

So, an UDFA who is going against all odds to even make the roster is a good bet to beat out a 2nd round pick (who is still on his rookie deal),  who actually showed signs of improvement the second half of 2018?

I don't understand the love affair some fans have with UDFA's, who have to perform Godly like in pre-season just to make a 53-man roster.

Zay Jones roster spot is in ZERO JEOPARDY due to the presence of David Sills.

The Sills story reminds me of the Austin Proehl story. We love the underdog's & always root for them.

I hope he pans out, but I have my sights set higher than this guy. We shall see.....

8 minutes ago, Dougy84 said:

I'm gonna assume this is a joke? Andre Holmes isn't even on our roster. We cut him last year and he signed w Denver, and they too cut him!

And THAT is why it's my 7 star lock of the pre-season!  Write it down folks!

For more Pre-Season Locks check my AOL Blog or page me at 555-555-5555 with the number "9117*" and I'll call you back...

:beer:

Edited by Heitz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I think a lot of it will come down to how well he plays special teams. He’ll have to be pretty good at it to grab a roster spot, because otherwise he’ll be mostly useless this year.

1 minute ago, I'm Spartacus said:

The Sills story reminds me of the Austin Proehl story. We love the underdog's & always root for them.

I hope he pans out, but I have my sights set higher than this guy. We shall see.....

Understandable comment, but this kids potential is quite a bit higher than Proehl IMO.  

29 minutes ago, I'm Spartacus said:

The Sills story reminds me of the Austin Proehl story. 

Austin Proehl--a 5'10" slot receiver with 1,200+ yards and 5 TD catches in four years at North Carolina?    Yeah,  that's a good comp....

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Bills4life1 said:

Is there a link to this? I can't find anything online about it at all

It’s because it just aired today on ESPN, not likely to be on internet so fast.  Just record it tonight at 10pm PST on E:60 on ESPN or ESPN2 

2 hours ago, njbuff said:

Jones is going to get that chance to show he is an improved player for sure. 

Everybody seems to forget that Eric Moulds was bad for his first two years.

How could we forget when it's brought up every time a receiver has a ho-hum first two seasons?:D

Also, that was a LONG time ago. It was commonplace for receivers to struggle getting off the line and earning playing time. In Moulds case, he curiously found himself in Levy's doghouse so he rarely saw the field.

As college and pro offenses have merged, the learning curve for receivers has dropped precipitously.

4 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

HES UP NEXT ON E60!!!! 

His story on now on E:60 on ESPN2 after commercial!!!

Are you guys related somehow? You seem pretty excited about an un-polished UDFA. He’s talented but will be very surprised if he makes the roster. Not a good route runner, will get jammed by more physical corners and doesn’t have the top end. May be a nice red zone target. 

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

He’s our Adam Thielen 

Too pale. I think he’s more of a Brandon stokely. It’s tough though- just tried to look up the top 25 white wide receivers in nfl history and a good number of the photos were in black and white.

• Haha (+1) 1

It's a nice story but he has an uphill battle. He needs to hit the gym because he won't see nearly as many free releases as he did in college and he struggles with press coverage. His route running needs some work too. I'm not sure he'll make the final 53 but he's got a good shot at the PS if he puts the work in.

He certainly will be fun to watch though.

4 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

That's why he isn't Brandon Reilly either. Reilly had like 4 career touchdowns and I think we all liked the idea of Reilly, but it was a mirage. Sills is the real deal. Me and a few others were banging the table for him for the past few months and the last couple of days. The one thing that seems evident is that the dude is going to work his ass off, which is going to great for competition in the receiver room. 

You may be right.  I get why you think so.  And I agree; I can see how he might succeed.  

However, 32 teams didn't draft him. That means something.  It means he is low probability.   Some part of his physical package is just too limited to make him likely to succeed. If he makes it, and I really hope he does, it will be because he has great hands and is so smart that he makes plays just by mastering details.   

Not saying he is Steve Largent, but Largent succeeded in that way.  He just did everything exactly the way he was supposed to.  

He is in some ways the perfect McDermott player.  A guy who desperately wants to succeed, a smart guy, a guy with something to prove.  He said in his call with the Bills when they signed him that he wouldn't let the Bills down.  McD loves that attitude.  

He is the kind of a guy who if he simply isnt good enough to make it, he reinvents himself as the best long snapper in the history of the game. 

Great story.

4 hours ago, Mike in Syracuse said:

...He said Holt got on the treadmill, raised the elevation and ran at a crazy speed for 45 minutes.

I guess that's how you build "receiver legs"!

Who held the laser pointer while helping Coach Gase build his ‘coaches eyes’?  ?

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013