MUST WATCH TV: David Sills V story on ESPN E:60!!! (On now)

5 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Brown, Foster and Cole are penciled I’m as the first 3.  Zay, Duke, Sills, McKenzie are all battling for 4 and 5 essentially, but all will have a chance to push for cracking that top 3 too.  

Roberts will be the 6th as a ST beast.  

I’m not guaranteeing anything here, but I wouldn’t over look neither Duke or Sills in this competition.  This is why I still feel Zay is not safe.  He can certainly win the competition still, but it’s not going to be a cake walk IMO and he will have legit competition to him being here.  

They have skill sets that the others don’t (great hands, size and big catch radius) that play in their favor too competing against both Zay and McKenzie.  None of the penciled top 3 guys have size either or that big red zone threat.  So I think at least one of them is making this roster, but both also could.

I could see us keeping 7 WRs.  Considering we have a few midget WRs, someone’s gonna get hurt,  we should realize this.  I really hope Duke is the guy that wins the spot.  I like sills but I think Duke has more upside, 

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I could see us keeping 7 WRs.  Considering we have a few midget WRs, someone’s gonna get hurt,  we should realize this.  I really hope Duke is the guy that wins the spot.  I like sills but I think Duke has more upside, 

7 WRs is always a possibility, but not sure we will be able to keep 7 with so many OL and RBs to keep as well.  

So will be a fun battle to see how this all plays out

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Mike in Syracuse said:

Here's some great footage courtesy of the Death Star:

https://www.patriots.com/video/2019-draft-prospects-david-sills-wr-west-virginia

His adjustment at 11:25 was something that has been missing from our WRs for a while.  Seems like all of our current players just wait for a ball that will never get to them instead of going to get it.

Grier underthrew him in those highlights and he still made the plays a bunch also.

Edited by The Wiz

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

Thanks.  Thanks. Thanks for posting this.  Watch it if you get a chance.  

Several reactions.  I remember when he got the scholarship offer.  Didn't know he was the guy.

Kiffen's done a lot of stupid stiff in his career.  

Beane and McDermott live smart, and Stills is smart.  They love determination and this guy has it,

He's a good bet to take Zay's roster spot this year or Beasley's in three. 

Allen is going to love him, because he is a route runner.  He will always be where he is supposed to be.  And he has quarterback hands. 

McBeane live these guys. Smart, determined.  Doesn't quit. 

If you haven't seen the ESPN piece, look for it. It's worth it 

Thanks to everyone who posted about where we could find it.  

So, an UDFA who is going against all odds to even make the roster is a good bet to beat out a 2nd round pick (who is still on his rookie deal),  who actually showed signs of improvement the second half of 2018?

I don't understand the love affair some fans have with UDFA's, who have to perform Godly like in pre-season just to make a 53-man roster.

Zay Jones roster spot is in ZERO JEOPARDY due to the presence of David Sills.

• Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

His adjustment at 11:25 was something that has been missing from our WRs for a while.  Seems like all of our current players just wait for a ball that will never get to them instead of going to get it.

Grier underthrew him in those highlights and he still made the plays a bunch also.

I've never played or coached WR but there is one thing I hate to see more than anything, a WR stopping and standing in a spot while waiting for the ball to come to them.   It drives me crazy.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, njbuff said:

So, an UDFA who is going against all odds to even make the roster is a good bet to beat out a 2nd round pick (who is still on his rookie deal),  who actually showed signs of improvement the second half of 2018?

I don't understand the love affair some fans have with UDFA's, who have to perform Godly like in pre-season just to make a 53-man roster.

Zay Jones roster spot is in ZERO JEOPARDY due to the presence of David Sills.

So Zay, whose last 4 games of 2018 included three of the worst of his career is somehow just automatically safe  because he was a 2nd round pick 3 drafts ago?

I find it comical when people say he is a lock.  He may be here, but he had a terrible catch rate over his 2 years, and even his “improved” year was still bad.  

Weeks 14, 15, and 16 he was utterly dominated by the opposing DBs.  His ONLY games he did anything with Josh were both Miami games against a woeful secondary.  

He has 22 of his career games under 40 yard and zero 100 yard games.  Last years UDFA rookie had THREE 100 yard games in the 7 games after being brought back.  

Zay was already outplayed by last years UDFA WR and you think it’s zero percent chance Sills could do the same? 

Lets agree to disagree on all the “Zay is a lock” and “zero percent” stuff people claim about his job being in jeopardy.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Mike in Syracuse said:

Love the section about "receiver legs".   Never heard it called that but it makes perfect sense.

I remember a story Tony Kornheiser told about former Rams WR Tory Holt.   He said he was at a gym working out and Tory Holt happened to be there.   He said Holt got on the treadmill, raised the elevation and ran at a crazy speed for 45 minutes.

I guess that's how you build "receiver legs"!

They said receivers run like 10 miles in practice.  

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

So Zay, whose last 4 games of 2018 included three of the worst of his career is somehow just automatically safe  because he was a 2nd round pick 3 drafts ago?

I find it comical when people say he is a lock.  He may be here, but he had a terrible catch rate over his 2 years, and even his “improved” year was still bad.  

Weeks 14, 15, and 16 he was utterly dominated by the opposing DBs.  His ONLY games he did anything with Josh were both Miami games against a woeful secondary.  

He has 22 of his career games under 40 yard and zero 100 yard games.  Last years UDFA rookie had THREE 100 yard games in the 7 games after being brought back.  

Zay was already outplayed by last years UDFA WR and you think it’s zero percent chance Sills could do the same? 

Lets agree to disagree on all the “Zay is a lock” and “zero percent” stuff people claim about his job being in jeopardy.  

Jones is going to get that chance to show he is an improved player for sure. 

Everybody seems to forget that Eric Moulds was bad for his first two years. I am not saying Jones is Moulds by any stretch. All I am saying is that this staff will not just let one of their own 2nd round picks go. Jones will get his chance in his 3rd year to show something.

If he stinks up the joint, McBeane won't bother to re-sign him when his rookie deal is up.

• Like (+1) 2

I have complete confidence that Sills will most certainly beat out Andre Holmes for a roster spot. 

I also believe he can certainly beat out Ray Ray McCloud, Isaiah McKenzie, and probably Zay Jones. Zay is going to have to have a monster camp, to truly be able to earn his spot. He has shown brief flashes and that’s about it. 

I love this signing. A total process guy who has a knack for the ball, and is slippery at 6’5”. He’s not going to be an All Pro, but he certainly should be able to make this team. 

3 minutes ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

I have complete confidence that Sills will most certainly beat out Andre Holmes for a roster spot. 

I also believe he can certainly beat out Ray Ray McCloud, Isaiah McKenzie, and probably Zay Jones. Zay is going to have to have a monster camp, to truly be able to earn his spot. He has shown brief flashes and that’s about it. 

I love this signing. A total process guy who has a knack for the ball, and is slippery at 6’5”. He’s not going to be an All Pro, but he certainly should be able to make this team. 

I'm gonna assume this is a joke? Andre Holmes isn't even on our roster. We cut him last year and he signed w Denver, and they too cut him!