Hard to imagine Derek Anderson making the roster

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Is that actually true?  I mean, I suppose a coach can't take hits, but demoing throws and footwork?  Why not?

I think he can do what you described, I have seen a lot of coaches throw passes. That is different than "taking reps." I'm not sure if there is an actual rule against that but I have not seen it. 

Not so sure why this is hard.

1.  Provides the mentoring Allen needs

2.  Is able to play if called upon with min reps

3.  Jackson is not ready for game day action

Only way he does not make the team is if they decide to carry only 2 QBs

See, not that hard.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

Anderson will be with the team to some capacity.

Those here having a pissing match about whether it will be on the roster or as a coach are ridiculous.

DOESNT MAKE A LICK OF DIFFERENCE WHAT CAPACITY ANDERSON RETURNS IN!

I think the point of the rather civil discussion you refer to as a "pissing match" is that there are some significant differences.  See above.

7 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

Anderson will be with the team to some capacity.

Those here having a pissing match about whether it will be on the roster or as a coach are ridiculous.

DOESNT MAKE A LICK OF DIFFERENCE WHAT CAPACITY ANDERSON RETURNS IN!

...Jesus...."Sunday Sand In Thy Jockey Shorts" sure sounds painful.......

2 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

‘Elder’.  As in ‘elder statesman’.

I’m ‘elderly’...

?

Nah. I meant what I typed. In football terms he’s elderly. I’m reserving the right to call Anderson elderly, since he’s my age and just as smashed up.... I had to move south to escape joint and bone pain. ?

• Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I see @PromoTheRobot post above, and as he said "good Tyree". I watched , i guess,  the last 4 or 5 UB games, and I thought he was just awful and regressed a bunch during the year. I think he will struggle big time in the NFL, and will be lucky to even make the practice squad. I guess you can say for $75 K, good risk, but no way is he taking a roster spot this year IMO.

I will post some bad Tyree video once I find some in YouTube. If you don't feel like waiting search for games vs Army, Ohio and Northern Illinois.

The Rutgers game is another example of good Tyree.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Nah. I meant what I typed. In football terms he’s elderly. I’m reserving the right to call Anderson elderly, since he’s my age and just as smashed up.... I had to move south to escape joint and bone pain. ?

Kid, I have pairs of socks older than you...?

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

It's easy if you try.  Josh Allen's style of play makes him open to injury.  If that happens I don't see McBeane being comfortable with Jackson as the backup (he'll pry be relegated to the practice squad).  It's possible all three (Allen, Barkley, Anderson) make the 53 man roster and they won't dress Anderson unless there's an injury to Allen.

Agree And you cut TJ and assign him to practice squad.  If another team signs him good for him.  This guy was undrafted for a reason.  Too many Buffalo fans are thinking with their heart here and not there head.

Anderson doesn't get any salary until week 1 other than signing bonus, so would be somewhat surprised to see him voluntarily retire during camp.  I'd be a little pissed if I were him if Buffalo were to cut him, certainly pissed enough that if Allen were to get hurt and they call me to come back, I'd then maybe think with my heart instead of head and tell them no!

4 hours ago, ALF said:

Anderson is $1.1M for 2019 . A shift to coach if roster spot needed could be done and back to player again if needed.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/derek-anderson-1422/

There are rules against it.  There was a team which used to stash players on non-player lists and rule was created.  Not sure if it is enforced but expect a protest if Anderson goes on coaching / front office staff and back to QB.

Unless they find a better QB, Anderson is THE perfect #3 QB. Ready with minimum preparation, experienced to have the respect of the players, not making waves, THERE TO SUPPORT ALLEN, and only 1M salary. Why get rid of him this year, again, unless suddenly a better QB pops along? In a perfect scenario, Josh stays on the field for all reps but you need 3 QBs on the roster. An experienced coach/mentor one is perfect for a 2nd year budding superstar.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

You would hope that Allen would be so far along at this point that he does not need Anderson nor Barkley for that matter. Maybe the Buffalo kid creeps up and takes that #3 job, which is what I'm hoping will happen.

Allen will need both Barkley and Anderson on the sidelines for the next two years..especially when we make the playoffs.