Predict the OL for week 1 of reg season

GreggTX

Oakland media and Raider Nation seemed to view Feliciano as a starting caliber G buried on a deep OL. I think he’s a legitimate candidate for the RG spot. I view Long as probably the backup C/G. Either way, it’s a bestter cast to choose from than last year’s unit. 

25 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I think the Bills will run heavy a lot with 6th offense lineman.  This I think will be factor in extra linemen they choose to keep.

Bills picked up a lineman that is converting to TE in FA....Can't remember his name.  So basically, you could be right.

LT - Nsekhe

LG - Dawkins

C - Morse

RG - Spain

RT - Ford

Waddle swing Tackle, Long backup Center, Felciano and Teller backup Guards, so a total of 9 OL on the active roster because we have enough position flex between Dawkins, Waddle, Nsekhe, Teller. We cut Bodine, Ducasse, McDermott.

Those of you sleeping on Nsekhe are going to eat your words.

Edited by ndirish1978
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

Bills picked up a lineman that is converting to TE in FA....Can't remember his name.  So basically, you could be right.

Per Buffalo Bills website:

Jake Fisher joins the Bills after spending four seasons with the Cincinnati Bengals. A former tackle turned tight end, Fisher entered the NFL as a second round pick (53rd overall) of the Bengals in 2015 out of Oregon.

He is 6'6" and 280 pounds.

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

Per Buffalo Bills website:

Jake Fisher joins the Bills after spending four seasons with the Cincinnati Bengals. A former tackle turned tight end, Fisher entered the NFL as a second round pick (53rd overall) of the Bengals in 2015 out of Oregon.

He is 6'6" and 280 pounds.

Thanks. Fisher could be utilized as a blocking TE/OL. Hope our "old" RBs go on an epic tear this year.

7 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

LT - Nsekhe

LG - Dawkins

C - Morse

RG - Spain

RT - Ford

Waddle swing Tackle, Long backup Center, Felciano and Teller backup Guards, so a total of 9 OL on the active roster because we have enough position flex between Dawkins, Waddle, Nsekhe, Teller. We cut Bodine, Ducasse, McDermott.

If we believe any of what Beane tells us, the best five will play. That means Dawkins is not a lock at LT. Nsekhe will challenge there. And Ford is who they hope will win the RT spot. There really isn't a good alternative on the right side. Can Spain slide over to RG? That's my number one question. Because if so, we have a nasty o-line in the making...

On 4/29/2019 at 8:59 AM, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Nsekhe

Dawkins

Morse

Teller

Ford

On 4/29/2019 at 7:06 PM, ndirish1978 said:

LT - Nsekhe

LG - Dawkins

C - Morse

RG - Spain

RT - Ford

Agree with both of you.  I think Nsekhe is our best LT.  MAYBE Dawkins steps up and keeps the spot, but he's been put on watch.  If they don't think he's the long term answer it's in the best interest to put him at guard, see if he can be a long term answer there and that second contract is going to be cheaper than as a LT.  Nsekhe can hopefully be a solid answer at LT for a couple of years, allow the rest of the line to solidify and then we draft that "franchise LT" type.