This is actually The Process

It’s unlikely that Jackson ever develops into a starting QB, let alone a star. That being said, it’s incredible to see the Bills be run by professionals who never settle at a position, and take value where it presents itself. Best case scenario, in 3 years we have two great QB’s and trade one for pick. Worst case, we brought in a camp arm who will generate buzz locally and give our lower level offensive guys a chance to play with a QB who is similar to our starter in a lot of ways. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Not this year. But look at it this way. With Barkley and Anderson backing up Allen, there is no expectation for either to challenge him. But Jackson is young and could challenge Allen in a year or two.

I was with you 1000% until you said this. The competition thing you are talking about is exactly what they're setting up. Allen is the only exception until they lose confidence in him and bring in someone they feel can be a franchise level guy. The QB competition is for the backup role as others previously stated.

All well and good, I now expect "The Process" to facilitate winning...sooner rather than later.  

Would also be nice if rushing the opposing QB is part of it, too.  I have my doubts, but we'll see.

10 minutes ago, blogic2 said:

Anderson is really a consultant at this point. If he sees the field again this season, something has gone horribly wrong... Again!

So true - his head can't take anymore

and -I'm sick of the process stuff after the draft and F/A signings - now it's all about winning games - -period - - -

Let's see.............the results of this draft.

We were told by Mr Beane that the way to build a sustainable winning team was through the draft........

Then he acquired more FA than anybody could imagine ......

some will pan out..............most were journeymen looking for a new home........we'll see who stays.

Then he drafts 2 first round quality guys, who will be franchise players for years..........

and the rest are a bunch of undersized, short armed, slow running, unexciting dudes.............

I'm waiting for the Las Vegas  odds makers to predict how our 2019 season will unfold before

I congratulate the McBeane dudes. I have a feeling we're going 7-9 this year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Not this year. But look at it this way. With Barkley and Anderson backing up Allen, there is no expectation for either to challenge him. But Jackson is young and could challenge Allen in a year or two.

Not likely but maybe Jackson is the on in a million story.

7 hours ago, BuffaloFan32 said:

JA had to compete for his job last year.  McCarron and Peterman might not have been the highest order qb’s to compete against but he wasn’t expected to beat them out as a rookie and he ended up showing that he could do more.

That's not the whole truth.

McCarron was supposed to compete with Nate for the starting gig and he stunk the joint out and got moved to the Raiders.

JA was supposed to sit and learn until week 9 or 10 then get in the game but Peterbeater stunk the joint out so bad the kid got put in and got hurt.

Then DA and MB held the fort until JA returned.

JA was not getting the starting gig out of camp last year it wasn't the plan.

3 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

That's not the whole truth.

McCarron was supposed to compete with Nate for the starting gig and he stunk the joint out and got moved to the Raiders.

JA was supposed to sit and learn until week 9 or 10 then get in the game but Peterbeater stunk the joint out so bad the kid got put in and got hurt.

Then DA and MB held the fort until JA returned.

JA was not getting the starting gig out of camp last year it wasn't the plan.

You do mean the "process" right? LOL

• Haha (+1) 1