Must be Jim called in a favor to Frank (Chad Kelly)

MAJBobby

On 4/27/2019 at 7:16 PM, C.Biscuit97 said:

I mean he does have talent.  But then you see a guy loses a chance at his dream because Swag gets another chance because he has a HOF uncle. Sucks for that kid. 

He'll either put his big boy pants on & make it or become another Kellen Winslow Jr. !! ? 

You can't ride on what your family did before you & expect the NFL will just give you a pass it don't work like that !! But some seem to think it does & hopefully in Chad's case this will be a huge wake up call ? !!

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 10:46 AM, SirAndrew said:

Idk. Everyone likes to compare Jim and Chad. I’m not convinced that it’s a reasonable comparison, regardless of the era they played. Chad has a history of arrests and legal issues, Jim did not have such problems. There’s a big difference between running afoul with the law versus not having great character. In Chad’s case making the same mistakes repeatedly shows a lack of self awareness and intelligence. Jim’s shenanigans didn’t get him kicked off multiple teams. 

Be careful with assuming things.  There are some pretty detailed, pretty bad stories about JK in his younger years that I have heard.  MY guess is if JK would of been playing today with all the social media etc....he may have some legal problems of his own.  

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 1:16 PM, LabattBlue said:

So are the haters also hating on their beloved Jimbo because he is helping out his nephew(according to some posters here)?

Not hating.  Nepotism sucks.  Chad Kelly has no business in the NFL.  There's someone out there not getting a chance because Uncle Jimmy picked up the phone.  I think that sucks.  Jim Kelly is just another former Bill.  Beloved, schmoved.

Look, at some point merit wins out—or the chaff will get swept away like yesterday’s complaints about Daboll’s play calling. My point is, does anyone here seriously think that Chad Kelly will stick on an NFL roster past cut down day if he can’t rely on his own arm to make the grade? Reich has won a SB as part of a coaching staff, and been a part of many other teams that have gotten there. Methinks he will smell a fake/poser the minute he sees one, and will do what’s best for his team now. If CK can make it, it won’t be because of JK’s laurels—it will be a legit talent basis. Have you actually watched his college tape before poo-pooing his prospects? He makes plays, sorry. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Look, at some point merit wins out—or the chaff will get swept away like yesterday’s complaints about Daboll’s play calling. My point is, does anyone here seriously think that Chad Kelly will stick on an NFL roster past cut down day if he can’t rely on his own arm to make the grade? Reich has won a SB as part of a coaching staff, and been a part of many other teams that have gotten there. Methinks he will smell a fake/poser the minute he sees one, and will do what’s best for his team now. If CK can make it, it won’t be because of JK’s laurels—it will be a legit talent basis. Have you actually watched his college tape before poo-pooing his prospects? He makes plays, sorry. 

Eloquent as ever, buddy.

You aim too high here  at the TSW.  Throw in the occasional "gotcha", "gonnas"
 and "I seen it" to not stick out around here as much.

:P

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Eloquent as ever, buddy.

You aim too high here  at the TSW.  Throw in the occasional "gotcha", "gonnas"
 and "I seen it" to not stick out around here as much.

:P

‘Could have’?  No, throw in ‘could of’ to appeal to the rabble.  ?

It’s interesting to note that while typing in ‘rabble’, the predictive text was thinking I wanted to say ‘Raiders’...

• Haha (+1) 2

While Frank's time with Jim Kelly on the Bills probably pre-dates Chad Kelly's birth, I wouldn't be surprised if Frank has at least met Chad in the past.  Chad has some physical talents.  It may be worth giving him another shot as it does not cost the Colts a lot.  Neither Luck or Brissett are ancient by NFL standards, and the odds of having to activate and play a third QB aren't huge.  Chad has probably been told he's got one shot.  If he screws up, that's probably his last chance to do anything in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 1

CK seems like one of those alcoholics who goes completely off the rails with any drinking.So that MAY be the key as to his football future. Other alkies could still play the sport(Namath) while still drinking.

If he doesnt completely get on the wagon then look for a disastrous headline during this upcoming season.and that will be it.

On 4/28/2019 at 11:20 AM, KD in CA said:

Huh?   Why would he not be 'allowed' into the league?  Did he kill someone or beat his girlfriend unconscious?

Or punch his pregnant girlfriend in the stomach or break his little boy's arm or punch that kid in the chest when he cries? He's no Tyreek Hill. Sorry, had to get that off of my chest. 

Chad is lucky to be alive. In my kneck of the woods, he would have been shot.

Edited by Dopey

On 4/29/2019 at 3:06 PM, Gordio said:

Be careful with assuming things.  There are some pretty detailed, pretty bad stories about JK in his younger years that I have heard.  MY guess is if JK would of been playing today with all the social media etc....he may have some legal problems of his own.  

I hear ya, and completely believe it. Out of control pro athlete behavior isn’t really surprising. I guess my point is that JK never paid the price for his antics as far as on field success is concerned. Chad has thrown away multiple opportunities by getting kicked off teams. JK never got caught, Chad gets caught all the time. We don’t know if JK would have smartened up had he been kicked off a team. Chad’s repeat offenses are what troubles me. I’m not making a moral judgment, there’s just something to be said for being smart enough to not make the same mistake twice. Guys like JK who never got in legal trouble don’t have much motivation to change. Chad needed to change long ago because he’s thrown away his career. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

From Zac Keefer of The Indianapolis Star:

QB Kelly in town trying out

Former Mississippi quarterback Chad Kelly, nephew of Hall of Famer Jim Kelly and a former seventh-round pick of the Denver Broncos who was released by the team last fall after being arrested on suspicion of criminal trespassing, is among the 34 tryout players in Indianapolis this weekend.

Kelly looked sharp on Friday, the better of the three quarterbacks to see the field. Former Tennessee QB Keller Chryst and ex-New Mexico Highlands QB Cody Keith also saw snaps. The Colts’ current third-string quarterback, Phillip Walker, did not practice Friday.

Most teams take 4 QBs to camp just to handle the reps needed to let 40+ offensive players get meaningful practice.  I'd bet he gets to training camp and does well.  He better have his counselor on speed dial to make it beyond that.  I think that he is one of those types that can't back down when challenged.  That works well on the field, causes all sorts of trouble off it.  

Edited by JESSEFEFFER