Must be Jim called in a favor to Frank (Chad Kelly)

MAJBobby

Not that I really care either way, but do we really know Jim called in a favor here or are we just internet speculating on this one?

Edited by dubs

43 minutes ago, stony said:

But isn't knowing there will be cameras and still repeatedly acting like a dick the problem?  Jim at least had the foresight to build a bar in his basement away from the prying eyes of the public.    

I will say the stories I heard of Jim (I was too young but I’ve heard from a lot of sources) were he was worst than Chad.  But he was super talented and there was no social media or cellphones.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Thanks for the skinny.  Just curious why being cut from an NFL team would be a wake-up call, while being cut from a major college program that was his gateway to the NFL and going from a highly-touted highschool recruit to "Mr Irrelevant" (last pick of the NFL draft) did not?

I believe with a little age, comes a little clarity ?

31 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I will say the stories I heard of Jim (I was too young but I’ve heard from a lot of sources) were he was worst than Chad.  But he was super talented and there was no social media or cellphones.

At the end of day, the biggest difference between the two.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

At least he's got a coach who can look him in the eye and say "I played with Jim Kelly. I know Jim Kelly. Jim Kelly is a friend of mine. And Chad, you're no Jim Kelly.  Now LISTEN UP!"

or the famous ...."So now you're Jack Kennedy;);)"

Edited by Tcali

41 minutes ago, Tcali said:

or the famous ...."So now you're Jack Kennedy;);)"

Hee hee wondered when someone would say that.  One heartbeat away!

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

So are the haters also hating on their beloved Jimbo because he is helping out his nephew(according to some posters here)?

Oh, BeHAVE.  Who is hating on Jimbo?  People are pointing out he was a known "wild Thang" in his time, can you dispute it?

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

But see that's my question.  Jim was a "party boy" and a wild thang, no doubt.  But did he have the same track record or "worse than Chad" for getting thrown off teams for discipline problems?  I doann Think so, and I think if anything, coaches were stricter in those days.  That's my thing with Chad, talented or no.  If you're gonna cross the line with the coaches and not be disciplined enough to stay within the rather-loose lines of the team rules, it's hard to participate in a team sport.  Better TUG.

3 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

15 pages is way too much to shift through.  Can you give me a readers digest version?

Read the first page.
At the bottom of page 1 you will see numbers. 
Go to page 15, the very bottom.
Read. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Oh, BeHAVE.  Who is hating on Jimbo?  People are pointing out he was a known "wild Thang" in his time, can you dispute it?

I'm arguing the point that people think Chad would be out of chances if it wasn't for Jimbo, and if they hate Chad because of his multiple opportunities, isn't that indirectly hating on Jimbo for helping out his "out of control" nephew?  

Also, last time I looked Reich wasn't the GM or had control over personnel decisions.  So maybe connecting the dots isn't so simple as some make it out to be.

Bottom line...I just don't get all the hate toward Chad....he is clearly more talented than people make him out to be.  i.e.  he wouldn't have any chance in the NFL without Jimbo.  

Edited by LabattBlue

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

He's had multiple chances.  Personally, I hope he falls flat on his effed up face so someone who actually DESERVES a chance gets one.  

I'm tired of this punk's pathetic story.

this post sort of reads like a Limp Bizkit song lyric

• Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

I'm arguing the point that people think Chad would be out of chances if it wasn't for Jimbo, and if they hate Chad because of his multiple opportunities, isn't that indirectly hating on Jimbo for helping out his "out of control" nephew?  

Also, last time I looked Reich wasn't the GM or had control over personnel decisions.  So maybe connecting the dots isn't so simple as some make it out to be.

Bottom line...I just don't get all the hate toward Chad....he is clearly more talented than people make him out to be.  i.e.  he wouldn't have any chance in the NFL without Jimbo.  

On thing is for sure. He wouldn’t have been drafted without Jim’s influence. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/30/john-elway-drafted-chad-kelly-after-plug-from-jim-kelly/amp/

Second not hard to connect the dots this “talented” QB is getting (maybe) yet another chance with a team that Jim’s friend has influence. 

You would think if Chad was so “talented” he would have signed somewhere well before a team where Jim’s friend has influence. After all the league has a QB talent problem. 

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

On thing is for sure. He wouldn’t have been drafted without Jim’s influence. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/30/john-elway-drafted-chad-kelly-after-plug-from-jim-kelly/amp/

Second not hard to connect the dots this “talented” QB is getting (maybe) yet another chance with a team that Jim’s friend has influence. 

You would think if Chad was so “talented” he would have signed somewhere well before a team where Jim’s friend has influence. After all the league has a QB talent problem. 

That goes both ways. Talent-wise, arm, and physical traits, if he didn't have the baggage he would likely have been a high draft pick.

38 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

That goes both ways. Talent-wise, arm, and physical traits, if he didn't have the baggage he would likely have been a high draft pick.

But he does have that baggage and why he needs his HOF uncle calling in favors. 

40 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Yep, second round grade by Mayock that year if no baggage. Guy has some ability, and QBs are often over-drafted now so even late first might have been possible in that case. Favor or not ( we don’t know) , he’s not getting a look anywhere if the ability isn’t there. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Yep, second round grade by Mayock that year if no baggage. Guy has some ability, and QBs are often over-drafted now so even late first might have been possible in that case. Favor or not ( we don’t know) , he’s not getting a look anywhere if the ability isn’t there. 

Whats interesting is there is a guy with Talent (and actually has won many games at the NFL level) that doesn’t have a HOF Uncle, but get zip looks since leaving his first team. 

So it isn’t just talent. Specially when the ONLY two teams that have given him a look have ties to that HOF uncle. 

NOT even hating. As this is the way of the world. But it is Naive to think having Jim Kelly as an uncle doesn’t have pull 

Edited by MAJBobby

18 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Whats interesting is there is a guy with Talent (and actually has won many games at the NFL level) that doesn’t have a HOF Uncle, but get zip looks since leaving his first team. 

So it isn’t just talent. Specially when the ONLY two teams that have given him a look have ties to that HOF uncle. 

NOT even hating. As this is the way of the world. But it is Naive to think having Jim Kelly as an uncle doesn’t have pull 

Of course he has pull within his circle, I don’t doubt that one bit. It old be naive to think he doesn’t. Absolutely it’s how the world works, and I have no problem with that. However, if the ability wasn’t there, CK doesn’t get a look. Just part of the equation.