Must be Jim called in a favor to Frank (Chad Kelly)

MAJBobby

3 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

I heard the same thing from him when he was cut by clemson and then got another shot at Ole Miss.. We'll see if he can lay off the powder once he gets some money again.

Exactly. Chad might think he learned something, but it might be like a drunk who says they’ll never drink again every time they wake up with a hangover. I’m sure he knows that he made a big mistake, but how does it go when life tempts him again? 

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....not to worry!!...Irsay will be his mentor and guiding light.................

I hope you’re wrong.  I originally ?ed at your post, but to do that’s just wrong.  I wonder if JK has any ins with Haslam.  Next screw up, Chad needs to be cleaning the rest rooms at a Flying J truck stop.

12 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Wow.  Hopefully, he doesn’t blow his 16th chance.  Nice to have an uncle who can get you everywhere in life. 

We don’t know that actually happened. 

Also, the kid is not bereft of talent. He can flat out play. And haven’t we heard the line about he’s done his time so now let him play from how many other examples? The NFL never cares if you’re a bad apple or not, only if you have talent. And compared to more egregious examples (virtually the entire 2018 KC skill set players), his hardly registers on the meter. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I hope you’re wrong.  I originally ?ed at your post, but to do that’s just wrong.  I wonder if JK has any ins with Haslam.  Next screw up, Chad needs to be cleaning the rest rooms at a Flying J truck stop.

HINT: supreme sarcasm.......BOTH have some loose screws.............

13 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I mean he does have talent.  But then you see a guy loses a chance at his dream because Swag gets another chance because he has a HOF uncle. Sucks for that kid. 

I hear ya, Biscuit.  On the other hand, it's the Way of the World in all places....someone gets a place in a college because of family influence and someone else loses it.  Someone gets a job and someone else loses their chance because of influence. 

Hopefully if the guy is good, he'll get other looks, at least an invite to a minicamp and more film.

38 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Jim just said "I did ten times more stupid crap than Chad did, ten times over and you know it." Reich was speechless and said you're right, we'll take him. 

Except I'm not sure it's true?  I know Jim drank and womanized, but Chad seems more out of control.  Was it hidden better?

41 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I hear ya, Biscuit.  On the other hand, it's the Way of the World in all places....someone gets a place in a college because of family influence and someone else loses it.  Someone gets a job and someone else loses their chance because of influence. 

Hopefully if the guy is good, he'll get other looks, at least an invite to a minicamp and more film.

Except I'm not sure it's true?  I know Jim drank and womanized, but Chad seems more out of control.  Was it hidden better?

Private lives were for the most part private back then. Everybody didn’t have a camera that instantly shares pics or video with the entire world.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Idk. Everyone likes to compare Jim and Chad. I’m not convinced that it’s a reasonable comparison, regardless of the era they played. Chad has a history of arrests and legal issues, Jim did not have such problems. There’s a big difference between running afoul with the law versus not having great character. In Chad’s case making the same mistakes repeatedly shows a lack of self awareness and intelligence. Jim’s shenanigans didn’t get him kicked off multiple teams. 

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm not making any accusations, but let's just say that J often may have looked like he just got punched in the face with a powdered doughnut.

• Haha (+1) 2

You would think Chad was the next Kareem Hunt, Tyreek Hill, Aaron Hernandez and Rae Carruth all rolled into one, with the way he is maligned on this board.

If he didn't have the talent to play in the NFL, he wouldn't be getting these "2nd chances" in college or in the NFL.  It was nothing to do with who his Uncle is.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, StHustle said:

My nephew is good friends with him and says this last incident has totally changed him. Getting cut by an NFL team for behavior and realizing football could be over for life will do that to some.

Thanks for the skinny.  Just curious why being cut from an NFL team would be a wake-up call, while being cut from a major college program that was his gateway to the NFL and going from a highly-touted highschool recruit to "Mr Irrelevant" (last pick of the NFL draft) did not?

2 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

We don’t know that actually happened. 

Also, the kid is not bereft of talent. He can flat out play. And haven’t we heard the line about he’s done his time so now let him play from how many other examples? The NFL never cares if you’re a bad apple or not, only if you have talent. And compared to more egregious examples (virtually the entire 2018 KC skill set players), his hardly registers on the meter. 

Yet his talent (in a QB starving league) has only landed him in two Organizations that have Jim Kelly friends in prominent roles. 

Edited by MAJBobby