Buffalo Bills Confirmed UDFA Signing. (2 Left)

MAJBobby

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Easley was MVP of the outback bowl vs Mississippi State. All of those stars in the game, Hockenson, Abram, Simmons, Sweat (Fant sat out) and Easley dominated the game and was the MVP. Interested to see what he brings to the table. I think he and Sills have realistic shots to make this squad.  

Me too

a lot of venom about Sills now too.

All he does is get open, catch everything thrown to him and make TDs

• Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Why not?

I think he's a guy that his QB will have to "throw open" at the NFL level.     Allen did not display a lot of touch on his throws last year.    Guys who can really separate and big targets who can high point the ball match better.    Right now....if you need an out ball thrown on a rope.....Allen has a heater for that...........and if you need a ball dropped in the bucket.....Allen has a heater for that.     Maybe that changes and he develops his game to more like what his idol TB12 does but I expect not.

30 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Lance Zeirlein says his comp for David Sills is Josh Reynolds which makes a lot of sense. Had him as a 4-5 round pick. 

Btw, if anyone is a dork like me and still has the Senior Bowl on their DVR you can watch Sills, Jaquan Johnson, Tyree, and Tommy Sweeney just FYI. 

That is high praise.

Reynolds is nice.

12 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I think he's a guy that his QB will have to "throw open" at the NFL level.     Allen did not display a lot of touch on his throws last year.    Guys who can really separate and big targets who can high point the ball match better.    Right now....if you need an out ball thrown on a rope.....Allen has a heater for that...........and if you need a ball dropped in the bucket.....Allen has a heater for that.     Maybe that changes and he develops his game to more like what his idol TB12 does but I expect not.

That is high praise.

Reynolds is nice.

I think that drop it in a bucket throw might be one of the touch passes Allen is good at. I mean he did it twice when he scored in the Senior Bowl with a WR he'd been working with for a week.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Lance Zeirlein says his comp for David Sills is Josh Reynolds which makes a lot of sense. Had him as a 4-5 round pick. 

Btw, if anyone is a dork like me and still has the Senior Bowl on their DVR you can watch Sills, Jaquan Johnson, Tyree, and Tommy Sweeney just FYI. 

David Sills led the nation the past two seasons in TD receptions and ran a 4.56 at 6’4 210. Also just happens to be one of the best route runners coming out of college. Great pickup, thought he’d be a 4-5th rd pick 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

David Sills led the nation the past two seasons in TD receptions and ran a 4.56 at 6’4 210. Also just happens to be one of the best route runners coming out of college. Great pickup, thought he’d be a 4-5th rd pick 

I lost track of him during the draft, surprised he was still out there as a UDFA. Great signing!

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I gotta think a guy with 33 TD in like 24 gms didn't get them by accident. He can play just like Thielan and Cupp.

Edited by Josh "Real Deal" Allen

I think Sills has a legit chance to make the team and add something to the offense. He’s not a #1 receiver, and probably never will be. He might be lucky to be a #3. That being said, for this year alone, he fills a role as our big bodied receiver. If nothing else he creates some mismatches. 

10 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

I lost track of him during the draft, surprised he was still out there as a UDFA. Great signing!

15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yeah, I was surprised to see him at that height & weight being called thin and then I read he had thin legs, which showed in the video.  As long as he works with a trainer, he can put some meat on his legs without affecting speed that much.

3 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Great, now everyone can shut up about Sills

Until he's cut or placed on the practice squad and promptly scooped up by the Pats*...at which time half the heads on this board will explode. ???

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I was really surprised Stills did not get drafted, but glad we signed him. He is indeed a fascinating story. His journey is exhibit A with all that is wrong with the over-zealous parents and sports, the silliness that is big-time college football recruiting, and, hopefully, of a kid who finally became his own person and figured out how to live his own life. Would love to see him make the team.

21 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I think Sills has a legit chance to make the team and add something to the offense. He’s not a #1 receiver, and probably never will be. He might be lucky to be a #3. That being said, for this year alone, he fills a role as our big bodied receiver. If nothing else he creates some mismatches. 

I think he has a big chance at the practice squad this year.

• Like (+1) 1