Buffalo Bills Confirmed UDFA Signing. (2 Left)

MAJBobby

Someone wrote this brilliant piece about a month ago.  He's updated it today.  Apparantly not a Josh Allen fan.

Tyree Jackson is 2019’s Josh Allen, except HE didn’t cost the Bills a top-10 pick

Imagine a big, strong Group of 5 QB like Allen, who had a lot of flaws in his game. Now imagine the same player, but with better college stats and athleticism.

• Haha (+1) 2

Lance Zeirlein says his comp for David Sills is Josh Reynolds which makes a lot of sense. Had him as a 4-5 round pick. 

Btw, if anyone is a dork like me and still has the Senior Bowl on their DVR you can watch Sills, Jaquan Johnson, Tyree, and Tommy Sweeney just FYI. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Helpmenow said:

I lived in rock hill sc for six long years. Jeff Burris former bill is from rock hill.

Yes, another one I forgot! I’m sure those years were long........ oy

Her borther has been in Spartanburg and now Greenville for years. Great places! I prefer Greenville to Charlotte, but Charlotte offers more (including traffic). 

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

Someone wrote this brilliant piece about a month ago.  He's updated it today.  Apparantly not a Josh Allen fan.

Tyree Jackson is 2019’s Josh Allen, except HE didn’t cost the Bills a top-10 pick

Imagine a big, strong Group of 5 QB like Allen, who had a lot of flaws in his game. Now imagine the same player, but with better college stats and athleticism.

Not even, he really regressed as the season went along.

2 hours ago, ColeB said:

Looking at his bio on NFL.com, he’s considered too thin and doesn’t have enough strength (both of which can be worked on).  However, he also hasn’t shown the ability to get separation.  He may have been overrated to some because he was catching balls from Will Grier.

He’s long in the arms and legs, has great hands and gets them where they need to be. Not the fastest or the strongest, but he catches with his hands and gets open. 

He’s also coachable and is clearly a process guy. 

Love what they are doing with this team. 

Edited by RobbRiddicksTDLeap
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

Yes, another one I forgot! I’m sure those years were long........ oy

Her borther has been in Spartanburg and now Greenville for years. Great places! I prefer Greenville to Charlotte, but Charlotte offers more (including traffic). 

Didn’t care for the area enough. Sold my house there and lost big money. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

I just discovered the story that is David Sills football career. This guy is fascinating. USC QB recruit in the 7th grade. De-commits, goes to WVU, converts to WR, goes to junior college to play QB, goes back to WVU as a WR and lights it up. I can’t figure out how this guy wasn’t drafted given his college production? Anyone know the answer to that one. Did scouts just think he caught all these TDS by dumb luck? It’s not like he played at some division 3 football program. 

Said it before, I'll say it again. He is a taller, faster Edeleman.

And I agree, I don't understand how he was not drafted.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

there's a lot of buttons actually, only amateurs use thumbs, lol.

Did 290 in HS , benching 450 now, which should be more but injuries have a way of setting you back. Never liked Cleans, because im terrible at it lol but my Squat and DL are 650. Im older now but i just keep grinding.

State championship was 3 attempts at bench, the 3 clean and jerk. Worst spectator event EVER! About 3 seconds times 6 lifts, and it takes a weekend on the other side of the state! 

Michael’s max bench was about 435 I think. Later he learned max was not everything (you can get hurt!). Alex was smart enough to know he needed to be competitive in bench, but most HS fools just worried about a manly bench (like his brother) and if you practice the technique the C&J required and you can make up ground. Work smart! 

13 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Imagine a big, strong Group of 5 QB like Allen, who had a lot of flaws in his game. Now imagine the same player, but with better college stats and athleticism

The point is Buffalo picked up a young QB prospect with a similar skill set to JA.

He is mobile, he has a big arm and nice touch deep. He is even a similar size.

If you can coach him up you can put him in as a JA backup and not change the offense much.

It's a smart gamble.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, RocCityRoller said:

The point is Buffalo picked up a young QB prospect with a similar skill set to JA.

He is mobile, he has a big arm and nice touch deep. He is even a similar size.

If you can coach him up you can put him in as a JA backup and not change the offense much.

It's a smart gamble.

There also won't be as big an adjustment going from Jackson's arm to Allen's for players as Anderson's or Barkley's in training camp.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, inkman said:

I hope you didn't interpret my post as disrespect toward him. I'm amazed he had the production he did despite looking like Natalie Portman. His receiver instincts look better than I've seen from a WR since Eric Moulds. I think he's got a shot. 

Not at all. The dude does seem very graceful in his catches.

Easley was MVP of the outback bowl vs Mississippi State. All of those stars in the game, Hockenson, Abram, Simmons, Sweat (Fant sat out) and Easley dominated the game and was the MVP. Interested to see what he brings to the table. I think he and Sills have realistic shots to make this squad.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

There also won't be as big an adjustment going from Jackson's arm to Allen's for players as Anderson's or Barkley's in training camp.

Exactly the point, the offense does not need to change.

We would expect a 1st round pick to run it better

but get a 'poor man's version' to run the same offense.

I love that T Jackson has the chance to prove it

• Like (+1) 1