UFDA Discussion Thread (superceded by new confirmed signing thread)

On 4/27/2019 at 7:43 PM, CommonCents said:

My 100 dollar part time scouting service said Nate Peterman needed a pitching mound long before he was drafted by the Bills. The million dollar decision makers took two years to get that one fixed. 

I Dun Kno Nuffin.

Two years?  They drafted Josh a year after Peterman, who they took a flyer on in the 5th round. 

1 hour ago, ChasBB said:

Yeah, I get what you're saying.  I think he could develop into a fine QB, too - not suggesting he couldn't.  But, the guy has such impressive speed and size and Buffalo really needs a TE with these kinds of measurables.  If his hands aren't made of stone and if he can block and run routes, a guy with his measurables could be a perennial pro-bowler at TE - yes, way too early to speculate on that.  I just would like to see what he can do there - seems worth a look, to me, at least.  If Buffalo wants to develop him at QB, great - no problem with that.

Logan Thomas had a great deal more potential at TE than Jackson.    Jackson has really only ever been a QB.   Thomas was a top recruit as a TE and is just a much more physical player and even then he wasn't physical enough for the position at the NFL level.

I suspect Jackson will go to Canada to play QB if the NFL doesn't work out for him.   If Drew Willey could carve out a career up there so could Jackson.   And then maybe after some time up there he'd get another shot at the NFL because unlike most QB's up there he doesn't lack the physical tools to be an NFL QB.    If he plays it right he's got about a decade to develop himself into an NFL QB. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...some work and some do not....George Wilson made a nice transition from WR to safety IMO...........Jason Peters from TE to LT was another one...

To be more accurate, I’d speculate some work and MOST do not 

15 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Logan Thomas had a great deal more potential at TE than Jackson.    Jackson has really only ever been a QB.   Thomas was a top recruit as a TE and is just a much more physical player and even then he wasn't physical enough for the position at the NFL level.

I suspect Jackson will go to Canada to play QB if the NFL doesn't work out for him.   If Drew Willey could carve out a career up there so could Jackson.   And then maybe after some time up there he'd get another shot at the NFL because unlike most QB's up there he doesn't lack the physical tools to be an NFL QB.    If he plays it right he's got about a decade to develop himself into an NFL QB. 

+1 for a Drew Willy reference