UFDA Discussion Thread (superceded by new confirmed signing thread)

1 hour ago, CommonCents said:

That’s my one problem with the draft. Why draft Singletary who is by all accounts a low ceiling borderline contributor? That’s easy to find in the UDFA pile. They could have taken Butler, a high upside monster. Goodluck finding that in UDFA.

I know a common reply will be well a lot of teams passed on him. What’s that matter? A lot of teams pass on plenty of good players. 

I’m pissed, not only because I like the player but because that type of thinking is flawed. A limited RB is about as valuable as a one legged punter.

Evidently they do not agree with your assessment.  You and 100dollars should start a scouting service and see how many subscribers you got.

Lots of people with more reputation and media history thought Singletary was in top remaining RBs so it is not by "all accounts".

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Evidently they do not agree with your assessment.  You and 100dollars should start a scouting service and see how many subscribers you got.

Lots of people with more reputation and media history thought Singletary was in top remaining RBs so it is not by "all accounts".

My 100 dollar part time scouting service said Nate Peterman needed a pitching mound long before he was drafted by the Bills. The million dollar decision makers took two years to get that one fixed. 

I Dun Kno Nuffin. 

5 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

My 100 dollar part time scouting service said Nate Peterman needed a pitching mound long before he was drafted by the Bills. The million dollar decision makers took two years to get that one fixed. 

I Dun Kno Nuffin.

Peterman is a low bar from which to base football knowledge, isn't he?  A lot of people here questioned Peterman long before he threw 5 picks, and even more afterwards.

11 minutes ago, ColeB said:

Interesting that Vanderbilt QB Kyle Shurmur signed with the Chiefs instead of with his dad with the Giants.

Well, he virtually has to go elsewhere, doesn't he?  If he's playing for his dad, whatever he gets the assumption will be that he got it by nepotism not talent.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Peterman is a low bar from which to base football knowledge

Well, he virtually has to go elsewhere, doesn't he?  If he's playing for his dad, whatever he gets the assumption will be that he got it by nepotism not talent.

Plus it'll be awkward when his dad gets fired as they wait for Daniel Jones to develop in 3 years.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Peterman is a low bar from which to base football knowledge, isn't he?  A lot of people here questioned Peterman long before he threw 5 picks, and even more afterwards.

Right but that’s the kind of answer one gets when they go to the land of make believe where GMs do everything better because they cash bigger checks. 

The draft was fine. The Singletary pick was flawed. The same folks had the same responses when posters like myself bagged on Ragland on draft day.

It’s the off-season, everyone is excited, I get it. We all want the Bills to be good. That doesn’t mean everything has to be sunshine and rainbows. 

1 hour ago, CommonCents said:

That’s my one problem with the draft. Why draft Singletary who is by all accounts a low ceiling borderline contributor? That’s easy to find in the UDFA pile. They could have taken Butler, a high upside monster. Goodluck finding that in UDFA.

I know a common reply will be well a lot of teams passed on him. What’s that matter? A lot of teams pass on plenty of good players. 

I’m pissed, not only because I like the player but because that type of thinking is flawed. A limited RB is about as valuable as a one legged punter.

True story: 

I got in a fight with a one legged bum once?

6’ 7” and 249 pounds

40-yard dash: 4.59

Hand Size:  10 1/4”

Maybe Buffalo  found its "Gronk" in Tyree Jackson - would love to see him switch to TE and see what he can do there.

2 minutes ago, ChasBB said:

6’ 7” and 249 pounds

Maybe Buffalo  found its "Gronk" in Tyree Jackson - would love to see him switch to TE and see what he can do there.

...need some of our TBD collegiate ball experts to weigh in on whether they see a possible transformation.......

8 minutes ago, ChasBB said:

6’ 7” and 249 pounds

What’s with this? 

Nothing against you, but I’m tired of ppl seeing measurables and hoping for the next Antonio Gates. 

Am I the only person that got tired of the Logan Thomas experiment even before it began? Now, who wants to watch another 3 years of that. 

2 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

What’s with this? 

Nothing against you, but I’m tired of ppl seeing measurables and hoping for the next Antonio Gates. 

Am I the only person that got tired of the Logan Thomas experiment even before it began? Now, who wants to watch another 3 years of that. 

Yeah, I get what you're saying.  I think he could develop into a fine QB, too - not suggesting he couldn't.  But, the guy has such impressive speed and size and Buffalo really needs a TE with these kinds of measurables.  If his hands aren't made of stone and if he can block and run routes, a guy with his measurables could be a perennial pro-bowler at TE - yes, way too early to speculate on that.  I just would like to see what he can do there - seems worth a look, to me, at least.  If Buffalo wants to develop him at QB, great - no problem with that.

30 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

What’s with this? 

...some work and some do not....George Wilson made a nice transition from WR to safety IMO...........Jason Peters from TE to LT was another one...

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

On 4/27/2019 at 10:58 PM, CommonCents said:

That’s my one problem with the draft. Why draft Singletary who is by all accounts a low ceiling borderline contributor? That’s easy to find in the UDFA pile. 

Low ceiling? Are you serious?