UFDA Discussion Thread (superceded by new confirmed signing thread)

I love both of the guys we got so far.

Hell, I love UDFA signing frenzy. It's like a second draft. And history has shown that some of these UDFAs have as good or better a chance to stick on the final roster as the 6th/7th round guys.

9 minutes ago, Logic said:

If we are able to season Tyree Jackson on the practice squad for a season or two, he could absolutely be a long term backup option for Allen. Why? He's one of the rare people on planet earth that has the near the same level of arm talent and athleticism as Allen, and thus, you wouldn't have to change the playbook once he came into the game.

Here's hoping this is an awesome camp story and he sticks around. What a great thing it would be to have him to back up Allen.

Yeah he should hopefully fit a similar mold as Allen which should be good in training camp and if he makes it as a backup the scheme will hopefully fit him too.

Edited by Warcodered

2 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Easley had minimal production at Iowa because of the offense obviously focused on running and TEs. 

Apparently he dominated his pro day and tested off the charts including running an insane 3 cone. Very similar mindset as the Knox pick

https://dearoldgold.com/2019/04/25/iowa-football-2019-nfl-draft-preview/

Nick Easley – It’s hard to imagine that just two years ago, hardly any Iowa football fans knew who Nick Easley was when he joined as a walk-on from Iowa Western Community College. Now, he is a shining example of how hard work and perseverance pays off in a big way. At his Pro Day, he posted numbers comparable to that of another overlooked slot receiver, Super Bowl MVP Julian Edelman :o and it appears teams are taking notice. If Easley goes late in the 7th round it wouldn’t surprise me but I expect him to be a priority UDFA.

36 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

If he doesn't stick as a QB he might be a flyer as a developmental TE on the practice squad. 

Edited by Inigo Montoya

21 minutes ago, JustWinPlease said:

I'd love to see...

WR - Emanuel Hall (Missouri)
WR - Anthony Johnson (Buffalo)
LB - Te'Von Coney (Notre Dame)
CB Saivion Smith (Alabama)
DE - Jamell Garcia-Williams (Alabama-Birmingham)

I thought he was drafted - please get this guy - wanted him as one of our last 3 picks.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Thanks! I made a thread for UDFAs right after our last pick, but Tasker made one faster and pinned it. I’ll unpin that one and pin yours.

You'll stick with it, right?

Yep until It slows down 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ColeB said:

Are you serious?  You need to get out of your cave more often.

Entirely. He didn't even list the full name or the position. If this is a thread to be taken seriously, for the stated purpose, that would be expected.

Other than that, you can bugger off. kthxbai~