UFDA Discussion Thread (superceded by new confirmed signing thread)

11 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

This is probably my favorite thread every year.

The year with Da'Rick Rogers was the best.

Some fans were screaming for him every pick after the 2nd Round (kinda like the DK Metcalf/Hakeem Butler crowd this year). 

Rogers kept falling, and falling, and falling.  People were getting madder, and madder, and madder at our front office for not trading up and grabbing him.

He ended up not getting drafted at all, and we got him as an UDFA. 

People were talking like he was going to win the #1 WR job in camp.  He ended up getting cut completely, and never did anything in the NFL.

Edited by mjt328
  • Like (+1) 15
  • Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Lots of WRs I can see us pursue.  Anthony Johnson, David Sills V, Emmanuel Hall, and Stanley Morgan Jr would be my top targets.  

That’s my one problem with the draft. Why draft Singletary who is by all accounts a low ceiling borderline contributor? That’s easy to find in the UDFA pile. They could have taken Butler, a high upside monster. Goodluck finding that in UDFA.

I know a common reply will be well a lot of teams passed on him. What’s that matter? A lot of teams pass on plenty of good players. 

I’m pissed, not only because I like the player but because that type of thinking is flawed. A limited RB is about as valuable as a one legged punter.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Some fans were screaming for him every pick after the 2nd Round (kinda like the DK Metcalf/Hakeem Butler crowd this year). 

Rogers kept falling, and falling, and falling.  People were getting madder, and madder, and madder at our front office for not trading up and grabbing him.

People were talking like he was going to win the #1 WR job in camp.  He ended up getting cut completely, and never did anything in the NFL.

YE OLE recalls one day in training camp when it was reported that Da’Rick caught a pass and started showboating. Obviously, Marrone wasn’t having that sort of thing... obviously. So he scolded Da’Rick and was like “Is this going to be a problem with you?!” 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

He went to the CFL and did very little

14 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

That’s my one problem with the draft. Why draft Singletary who is by all accounts a low ceiling borderline contributor? That’s easy to find in the UDFA pile. They could have taken Butler, a high upside monster. Goodluck finding that in UDFA.

I know a common reply will be well a lot of teams passed on him. What’s that matter? A lot of teams pass on plenty of good players. 

I’m pissed, not only because I like the player but because that type of thinking is flawed. A limited RB is about as valuable as a one legged punter.

100% agree. If I could swap out any pick - that would be the one. MAN...... that was just brutal to watch him slide to the Cards in the next round. Maybe we'll all be surpirsed and this new guy will be like the McCoy in Philly but for us. Time will tell. 

• Like (+1) 2