Bills dont draft a WR

Beane has a plan first year was about fixing the cap..and putting the f.o in position to draft a franchise qb . 2nd year was about evaluation..now he's spent money fixing the biggest weakness on the team the offensive line.  I'm sure he'll address the wr corps next year which is said to be a good wr draft.  

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, bills11 said:

Beane has a plan first year was about fixing the cap..and putting the f.o in position to draft a franchise qb . 2nd year was about evaluation..now he's spent money fixing the biggest weakness on the team the offensive line.  I'm sure he'll address the wr corps next year which is said to be a good wr draft.  

i hope so. This is my boy right here.

image: http://walterfootball.com/college/Colorado_logo.gif

Colorado_logo.gif Laviska Shenault Jr., WR, Colorado 
Height: 6-2. Weight: 220. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.52. 
Projected Round (2020): 1-3. 

2/8/19: Shenault was one of the top wide receivers in 2018, totaling 86 receptions for 1,011 yards with six touchdowns. The 6-foot-2, 220-pounder is the No. 1 receiver for Steven Montez and has made the Buffaloes quarterback look good at times.

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/draft2020WR.php#ixzz5mN9M6EPe

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2020WR.php#qJWptlSzoKgXIiFt.99

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

.....exactly...hell even the Pats did...............

Darn the pats. They've taken every player worth taking and pulled the wool over the eyes of every GM in the league again. Doubtless every major news outlets will give them an "A+" in their draft evaluation.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

L Glad this thread was started, I'm actually happy we didn't add a WR .We have 4 WR (Beasley, Smokey Brown, Foster and Zay) who at least have proven they can make an impact in this league. I know ppl will trash Zay but he was the #1 WR many games , going against the best or 2nd best CB usually . He will now be matched up with much less talented CB. Entering year 3 , feel he has lots of potential and can make a jump. Don't forget about Andre Roberts who is mainly just a return man and possibly the best 1 in the game . That's 5 WR right there!

They drafted Ray Ray last year , brought in McKenzie and Duke Williams and probably a couple UDFA to battle for 1 or 2 spots. Also add Kroft,Knox at TE and Yeldon who joins Shady as another great receiving RB. 

I don't understand why people are upset for not drafting a WR. We have the first 5 WR I mentioned that are locks to make the roster! It wasn't a need imo or at least not a big need at all. 

Like Beane said when asked about drafting Singletary over a WR , there was none rated higher, so he goes BPA , again , it's also not a need anyway! 

Plus revamping an atrocious OL is one of the best ways to improve the pass game. 

R-E-L-A-X 

He was just EXTREMELY overrated by the armchair GMs on TV and social media.

Just because they're locks to make the roster doesn't mean they're any good. See : Peterman, Nathan.

11 hours ago, Gugny said:

I'm actually not mad.  I like our current WRs.  I'm sure if Beane/McD don't, then they have a plan in place to get someone in.  I think the draft picks were excellent.  Was I surprised that we didn't get a WR?  Yes.  Upset about it?  Nah.

Actually picking someone like DK Metcalf had the feel of what past regimes would do.  A high draft pick on an over-hyped skill player.  The type of pick that plays to the masses but does not have staying power on the roster.  I really like what Beane has done with this roster both between FA and the draft.  

The WR corps is improved over last year (not saying much).  However, what is really important is that the O-line should be remarkably better.  The Bills had no ground game last year outside of Allen scrambling and leaping LB’s.  With a more balanced attack and the credible threat of a rushing game the Bills should be far more efficient on offense.

• Like (+1) 5

I doubt with last year's o-line even the best receiving corps would have been much more successful getting open for JA, who imo too often had to scramble before throwing, and do so on the run which obviously affects completion %.

If he can stay put and more often set his feet the passing game should be a lot better with this receiver corps

3 minutes ago, x-BillzeBubba said:

I doubt with last year's o-line even the best receiving corps would have been much more successful getting open for JA, who imo too often had to scramble before throwing, and do so on the run which obviously affects completion %.

If he can stay put and more often set his feet the passing game should be a lot better with this receiver corps

Lotta faith being put in people without a lot of production. Also, a lot of cult-like belief in OL being the cure-all for all problems, too.

We'll see how it works out.

46 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Lotta faith being put in people without a lot of production. Also, a lot of cult-like belief in OL being the cure-all for all problems, too.

fair enough...but all I want is to see is a passing game where the passpro is good enough that  our second yr QB isnt overly under duress and can deliver more often  to receivers that have the extra half second to finish their routes and present a target even a young QB like Aĺlen will find more frequently...and presumably means more catches, more first downs and more pts. and that hopefully keeps the D off the field a little more too.

So yeah imo the Oline revamp being successful is  the most critical piece of this team's future 

Edited by x-BillzeBubba
  • Like (+1) 1

It could be worse, Jets have a similar WR Unit for Darnold, didn’t take a WR in the Draft, AND only modestly attempted to improve their OL. 

At least we focused on the OL to an almost obsessive level.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Are you really trying to criticize people for caring about the Lines? The game is won and lost in the trenches.

If your line cant block, then your passer cant pass, your runners cant run, and your receivers cant get open downfield. The entire game starts in the trenches.

Show me a team with a good OL that didnt make the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 2