Bills dont draft a WR

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

Exactly how I feel as well. Wouldve been great to get one if one was there. But there really wasnt in this draft.

On to UDFAs

My personal feeling is that it's nice to have a GM that I trust to do the right thing.  If he didn't pick a WR, then that means no WRs were "worthy," in this draft.  I'm cool with that.  And like I said, I actually like our WRs.  I think Foster is legit.  

17 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

They must like Foster a lot. He is the only receiver on the roster that has shown #1 ability. I'm a little skeptical but I'd love to see him take that next step this year.

One very happy man today is Duke Williams. I think he has a 50/50 shot to make the team which is at least double the odds he had after free agency.

I remain SUPER intrigued by Williams.

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, JustWinPlease said:

I just find it weird that every other team drafts a young WR to go with their young QB, so they can grow together.

I guess Allen has that with Foster, but he doesn't strike me as having a #1 WR ceiling.

Who did the Browns, Jets, Cards/Dolphins, Ravens draft to go with the rest of the QBs from last year?

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

They must like Foster a lot. He is the only receiver on the roster that has shown #1 ability. I'm a little skeptical but I'd love to see him take that next step this year.

One very happy man today is Duke Williams. I think he has a 50/50 shot to make the team which is at least double the odds he had after free agency.

I think they like the idea of spreading it around make you worry about a bunch of weapons instead of really worried about 1.

35 minutes ago, Logic said:

I'm fine with it. The way the draft played out, the value was never right. No sense in drafting one just to draft one.

Next year's WR draft class is stellar. We'll get a few then. We'll be fine in the meantime with Foster/Brown/Beasley/Jones/Williams/McKenzie/Roberts

The legion of average! Copyright me.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I think to get it pinned you need to mail your tears to a MOD in a bottle.

Misery sustains them.

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

The legion of average! Copyright me.

The Legion of Whom?©

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Haha (+1) 2

Hey, I wanted the Bills to draft a WR as much as everyone else, but they must really like what they have in the room.  Foster showed a lot in the 2nd half of the season and has been there the entire off-season working out.  They know where he is at.  Duke Williams is another guy we as fans don't know much about as to where he is.  They have seen him pretty much every day since they picked him up as well.  If they are confident that 1 of them has a shot at being an "X", I understand why they didn't draft one. 

Also, next year's WR group has the chance to be really good as well.  We can run with what we have this year and see where things are at.  If we still need "that guy" next year, there should be a way to get one.  But they obviously really like what is in the room and they know where guys are at physically and mentally at this point.  I'll defer to them for now until we actually get to see these guys for ourselves..

11 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Who did the Browns, Jets, Cards/Dolphins, Ravens draft to go with the rest of the QBs from last year?

The Cardinals drafted Isabella, Butler and Johnson to go with Murray.

The Browns drafted Callaway and Ratley to go with Mayfield...not to mention trading for Landry and Beckham, so drafting a WR wouldn't be needed.

The Jets didn't draft anybody because, well, they're the Jets.

The Ravens drafted Brown and Boykin this year, and Scott and Lasley last year to go with Jackson.

The Redskins drafted McLaurin and Harmon to go with Haskins.

The Broncos drafted Sutton last year to go with Lock.

Edited by JustWinPlease
  • Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, JustWinPlease said:

The Browns drafted Callaway and Ratley to go with Mayfield...not to mention trading for Landry and Beckham, so drafting a WR wouldn't be needed.

The Ravens drafted Brown and Boykin this year, and Scott and Lasley last year to go with Jackson.

Stop with the facts.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JustWinPlease said:

Alright, ya got me. :thumbsup:

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Alright, ya got me. :thumbsup:

The one thing that worries me is that the Panthers could never find Cam Newton any good WRs...

I'm scared that Beane will struggle doing the same for Josh Allen.

(I like the guys we have, but I just think they're all more like #3-#4 WRs.)

2 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

This just in... we have good receivers on the roster already! 

Not really.

I thought since we signed two pygmy WRs in FA, that it was a sign Beane was locked on to a big bodied WR in tue draft.

I fully expected a WR from one of the first two picks. Also wanted one as well, you know... 'surround Josh'.

I do get what they are doing. They signed some value guys (Beasley, Brown), have a CFL guy, UDFAs, and Zay. They are going to spend the next year giving all of those guys a chance to prove it, and hope some cream rises to the top.

This year was for the lines. They went at AB, but swung out and moved on.

So I think it's pretty obvious now that next year is going to be the fanfare year, and they will focus on pass catchers and pass rushers.