Bills dont draft a WR

I'm fine with it. The way the draft played out, the value was never right. No sense in drafting one just to draft one.

Next year's WR draft class is stellar. We'll get a few then. We'll be fine in the meantime with Foster/Brown/Beasley/Jones/Williams/McKenzie/Roberts

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I'm actually not mad.  I like our current WRs.  I'm sure if Beane/McD don't, then they have a plan in place to get someone in.  I think the draft picks were excellent.  Was I surprised that we didn't get a WR?  Yes.  Upset about it?  Nah.

• Like (+1) 4

They must like Foster a lot. He is the only receiver on the roster that has shown #1 ability. I'm a little skeptical but I'd love to see him take that next step this year.

One very happy man today is Duke Williams. I think he has a 50/50 shot to make the team which is at least double the odds he had after free agency.

• Like (+1) 3

There were several WRs I really wanted, some early and some later targets.  

That being said, I love our overall draft still.  Look, you can’t upgrade every position in a draft.  I love the Oliver and Ford picks even though I had really wanted one of Harry, Metcalf, or Deebo in first 2 rounds.  And in the third I love both Singletary and Knox picks, two I guys I expected us to land anyway.  So while I would have been thrilled to take Butler there, I was also thrilled to get those guys.  

Now some one of the late round targets are still available as UDFA...guys like Stanley Morgan Jr, David Sills V, Anthony Johnson and Emmanuel Hall.

So hoping we add one more out of that group too.  

In in the end, I think what this said about Beane and McD is that they think a lot more of Duke than some people on this board.  Why do I say that?  Well Foster is still developing, Brown has had trouble staying healthy, Zay struggles catching, and Cole is more of a slot WR obviously.  

So the other 3 guys competing for outside time all have their own question marks.  Will Brown stay healthy?  Will Foster develop more of his game?  Will Zay improve enough to even contend to start?  

So, while our WR room is better now, it’s still got questions.  So I think they must feel pretty good about Duke to not look to add one more guy to the room and competing during the draft.

• Like (+1) 6

21 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I'm actually not mad.  I like our current WRs.  I'm sure if Beane/McD don't, then they have a plan in place to get someone in.  I think the draft picks were excellent.  Was I surprised that we didn't get a WR?  Yes.  Upset about it?  Nah.

Exactly how I feel as well. Wouldve been great to get one if one was there. But there really wasnt in this draft.

On to UDFAs

They have Foster, Jones, Brown and Beasley right now as their top four. Foster has a chance to be special and they must still believe in Zay (and they should for at least one more year). I think the players they got in the draft are solid choices. Not too upset with them neglecting WR. They spent $ in free agency and brought in Duke as a high upside prospect. Maybe they make a trade, maybe not. I think we will be OK.

• Like (+1) 6