The UB kids!

I don’t know enough about Khalil Hodge but both Tyree Jackson and Anthony Johnson have severe limitations that make their NFL success a long shot.

Late 7th/UDFA seems about right.

Edited by eanyills

Just now, eanyills said:

I don’t know enough about Khalil Hodge but both Tyree Jackson and Anthony Johnson have severe limitations that make their NFL success a long shot.

Late 7th/UDFA seems about right.

Hodge’s limitations are even worse IMO. Linebacker that runs a slower than 5 second 40 is death. 

• Like (+1) 1

It seems like every few years, there's a fringy UB NFL prospect that people really want to see the Bills pick up. The only one of these guys that panned out was James Starks.

I get that it would be cool to grab a "local," but the track record is not good. Mack doesn't count.

12 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Tyree Jackson has serious accuracy issues, Johnson had trouble separating from DBs in the MAC, and Hodge ran a 5 flat at his pro day

Johnson has had nagging injuries for like over a year

when he wss was healthy he had no problem seperatzing from MAC DBs... he routinely had 2-3-yards of separation 

he just doesn’t have gamebreaking speed 

Edited by Buffalo716

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

Johnson has had injury troubles for 1.5 seasons 

when he wss was healthy he had no problem seperatzing from MAC DBs... he routinely had 2-3-4 yards of separation 

he just doesn’t have gameberaking speed 

Still can play .

9 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

It seems like every few years, there's a fringy UB NFL prospect that people really want to see the Bills pick up. The only one of these guys that panned out was James Starks.

I get that it would be cool to grab a "local," but the track record is not good. Mack doesn't count.

We did give Naaman Roosevelt a shot, though. Like Johnson, he just didn’t have pro-speed.

Edited by eanyills
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, eanyills said:

We did give Naaman Roosevelt a shot, though. Just like Johnson, he just didn’t have pro-speed.

Roosevelt and Haddad. I think at this point, it makes more sense considering we're not talking about using a draft pick.

I'm just not really expecting big things from any of these 3. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Johnson has had nagging injuries for like over a year

when he wss was healthy he had no problem seperatzing from MAC DBs... he routinely had 2-3-yards of separation 

he just doesn’t have gamebreaking speed 

Johnson was even picked on some pre-season All American teams.

Not a huge fan of all these UB UDFA's. I'm not privy to inside info, but it APPEARS like they may not have scoured the wire as much as you'd like.

Like the Sills pickup for sure. We shall see. They nailed Foster and Wallace last year, so they deserve the benefit of the doubt.

5 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Johnson was even picked on some pre-season All American teams.

Of course he is a really good football player...

the spread offense has changed the game... used to be 25 draftable receivers with grade...

now it’s like 40+ every year... talented WRs go UDFA now...

he can pick his spot now