RD 7, Pick 228: TE Tommy Sweeney, Boston College

25 minutes ago, Dkollidas said:

So are you assuming they keep 3 tight ends? Kroft Knox & who, Fisher?

i think they keep all of Kroft, Knox, Croom & Fisher. My bet is that if someone isn’t injured that Sweeney gets put on the practice squad. 

Pretty cut and dry 

I think they keep 6 WR because one of them will be Roberts, and it's almost a given they will keep 4 RBs with Singletary. Likely no room for four TEs. Most teams keep three. Kroft and Knox are locks. That leaves one spot for Croom or Tommy Sweeney and maybe Fisher but I doubt it. Croom is very limited, and Knox does what Croom does, so they are redundant as players. Tommy Sweeney is a little different and more versatile, so he could easily stay. 

2 hours ago, Magnum Force said:

I would have taken Anthony Johnson, Emanual Hall or Gerald Willis....but it's the 7th round and there is a chance none of them get drafted.

Because those are the only guys left that you’ve heard of.  Leave it to the professionals.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I think they keep 6 WR because one of them will be Roberts, and it's almost a given they will keep 4 RBs with Singletary. Likely no room for four TEs. Most teams keep three. Kroft and Knox are locks. That leaves one spot for Croom or Tommy Sweeney and maybe Fisher but I doubt it. Croom is very limited, and Knox does what Croom does, so they are redundant as players. Tommy Sweeney is a little different and more versatile, so he could easily stay. 

QB-3

RB-4

FB-1?

WR-6

TE-4

OT-4

G-3

C-2

Offense: 27

DE:4

DT:4

LB:6

CB:6

S:4

Defense: 24

K:1

P:1

LS:1

Special Teams: 3

Thats 54 total, leads to one cut. I could see one offensive lineman being cut. I could see a fullback being cut. I could see a corner being cut.  I could see them going with 3 safeties and keeping a flex corner, or the other way around. I could see them going with 5 linebacker instead of 6 as well.

i really think you’ll see 4 tight ends make the roster.

10 hours ago, Magnum Force said:

Well if it's any consulation, on CBS draft tracker, Tommy Sweeney is the only of our draft picks that graded below a B+....he received a C+ 

Instant grades on 7th round draft picks. Is there anything more pointless in football? 

Edited by Mountain Man
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Holeshot said:

Me neither but I like this pick alot better than knox pick.. to me that's still a head scratcher to give up 2 fourths for him

Knox was third or fourth fiddle to AJ Brown and DK, did not have a good qb throwing the ball, did not play in an offense that featured the TE, and had some injury issues. But in terms of athletic ability and potential, some have him equal to Hockenson. He's not a headscratcher, he's a good pick.

• Like (+1) 2