RD 7, Pick 225: OLB/EDGE Darryl Johnson, N. Carolina A&T

25 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I know nothing about him.

Please can someone lie about their knowledge of him?

Good kid. Thick hands but small frame. Footwork is sometimes good, sometimes bad. A high motor guy who can sometimes get overwhelmed at the point of attack, leading him to be engulfed by linemen. Enjoys building model railroads in his spare time, but needs to improve the realism of his outbuildings and landscapes (trees in particular).  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

You can call me Ray, or you can call me Jay, but you doesn't has to call me Johnson.

6 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I’m old. (as if that needs repeating) But I remember 17 Rounds of the Draft. Before that was in the high 20’s. I used to think 7 Rounds was no where near enough to capture the market. Granted, UDFAs make most teams every year, but the dearth of talent left after 7 rounds now clearly explain the reasoning. 

So how did Tom Sestak last to the 17th Round??

Lot less teams back then...

he's a confident kid thats for sure. Prior to the combine process he was talking about being drafted in the 3rd to 4th rounds, even earlier. Not to say he was correct in thinking that way & in hindsight he wasn't, but dude's got some confidence in his abilities for sure.

If he adds some muscle & works hard, there's definitely room for him to make this team, given the lack of depth we have at that position

50 minutes ago, Fixxxer said:

I would bet money we had Nauta targeted on this pick, but the Lions stole him from us.

That could very well be. I’d rather get lucky in the 1st than the 7th!   ?

I can live with it, but I am curious about Nauta based on what I hear from the UGA folks around here. 

Will probably be used by Bills as a LB. He might also play well in packages as heavy center safety.

I hope he can play special teams.

https://hbcugameday.com/2019/04/27/ats-johnson-drafted-by-bills/

Johnson was the top defensive player in the MEAC and left school after his junior year to enter the NFL draft.

Johnson led the MEAC in sacks from his defensive end position collecting 10.5 takedowns in 12 games. He also led the league in tackles for a loss with 19 on the year.

http://www.ncataggies.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=24500&ATCLID=210231190

Expectations were high heading into his sophomore season and Johnson met those expectations earning first-team All-MEAC honors in 2017 … Entered the 2018 season expected to start again at the defensive end position … Came into the 2018 season after a 2017 season that saw him earn All-America honors by the American Football Coaches Association and BoxToRow … His length and quickness is an asset for the Aggies … Has an impressive 103-inch wingspan and runs the 40-yard dash in 4.7 seconds … Has played in 24 games in his career with starts and has 66 tackles (35 unassisted) with 22 tackles for loss and 8.5 sacks.

2017 Season: Started all 12 games … Made 40 tackles (25 unassisted) with 15.5 tackles for loss, 6.5 sacks, four forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries … Was fifth in the conference and 37th in the nation in tackles for loss … Finished 12th 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffAlone said:

Agreed. He Definately has the physical traits.Beginning to wonder if he has a chance at replacing Zo eventually

Bills added some depth at LB. The current LB depth was weak - it wasn't a high priority, but was addressed by guys that produced at their level

IMO

LB V. Joseph (6'1" 230) is Milano's (6'0" 220) new backup, emergency MLB

EDGE D. Johnson (6'6" 253) is Alexander's (6'0" 270) new backup, potential MLB backup

UDFA LB J. Foggie (6'1" 234) is insurance at Will in case Milano needs time to recover and can compete with V Joseph

Good to have depth

Edited by RocCityRoller
  • Like (+1) 4