Cap Space

Hebert19

35 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

According to over the cap we still have 30M in space right now.  We could use another WR, DE and maybe CB.  

Not to jump ahead but did we not add a DE because Ziggy is still in play.  We have the cap room.  

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/

you spend about$10 on the draft - so it is about 20ish

55 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

According to over the cap we still have 30M in space right now.  We could use another WR, DE and maybe CB.  

Not to jump ahead but did we not add a DE because Ziggy is still in play.  We have the cap room.  

Who are you binning off to make room for Ansah? Hughes, murphy, shaq, and now harold are your 4. Yarborough is unlikely to make it. Did we sign Harold just to cut him? Nah. I think they moved on from Ansah. 

Also think we have our 5 at CB and no one worth a damn out there at WR. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I wouldn't mind seeing Buffalo roll that cap space over to next year so that they can be big players in FA again while still having enough money to re-sign their own FAs.  

If they do spend it this year though I'd want them to spend it on a top DE or WR.  They already got their QB, LT, DT, & CB.  DE opposite Hughes and #1WR are the only two "franchise" positions this team still needs (if Josh Allen pans out at QB)  Other than that any positions the Bills need next year should be easy to find in the draft or FA.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

....Yolo posted elsewhere that he won't be medically cleared until August...............

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Reed83HOF said:

Until the season starts, its top 51, so half of their picks won't count, and the ones that do, will push people off making about $650k. Bottom line, it's about $4 mil.

2 hours ago, d_wag said:

Who are you binning off to make room for Ansah? Hughes, murphy, shaq, and now harold are your 4. Yarborough is unlikely to make it. Did we sign Harold just to cut him? Nah. I think they moved on from Ansah. 

Don't forget Lorax . He was a top 10 edge rusher according to PFF! I see him getting even more opportunities at DE this year . Plus we just added Oliver who now gives us a Legit rusher up the middle. 

I think pressure up the middle is more important to this team than the edge. Kyle def lost a step last year , so we really didn't have that pressure from DT last year. That'll change with Oliver! I also see Shaq being kicked inside alot more , as the year went on he was being kicked inside alot more. 

3 hours ago, d_wag said:

You realize you’re talking about Eli Harold right?  The same Eli Harold that........I forgot.  The Eli Harold that hasn’t done anything other than being touted out of college

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

Every one of the draftees have to displace a player already on the top 51.

That's 645k each. 

The total draft signing will only hit the cap by a little less than 4.5 million.

That leave Beane 26 million, and that's before guys like Vlad get axed.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Every one of the draftees have to displace a player already on the top 51.

That's 645k each. 

The total draft signing will only hit the cap by a little less than 4.5 million.

That leave Beane 26 million, and that's before guys like Vlad get axed.

Not too bad...

image.thumb.png.aecca2545bd013b2a793544187579c38.png

Edit: $8.52M overall, looks like only the top 4 will hit as of now. If that's the case and we take the 4 lowest and add the top 4 picks it is a $3,785,542 difference.

So that leaves us about $26.82 million under as of right now

Edited by Reed83HOF
  • Thank you (+1) 1

A couple of things. We will probably see a bunch of guys realeased in the next few days so that teams can add their draft classes and UDFAs to their 90 man rosters. That said, even now Ansah isn't the only guy around. 

Shane Ray, Nick Perry, Sam Acho, Josh Martin, Andre Branch are all names still out there. Personally, I'd take a shot on Shane Ray. But I would really wait to see what shakes free before signing Ansah. 

Let it roll any carry over to next year.

Then we can have another FA run next year, and stagger the contracts so everybody isn't due at the same time.

Not saying we can't sign anyone else right now, but let's not allow it to burn holes in our collective pocket.

• Like (+1) 3