Cheats 14 picks next year

On 4/27/2019 at 7:54 PM, Bills2ref said:

Biggest crock in the NFL. Let me give you a draft pick because you couldn’t or wouldn’t re-sign your player. 

I think the comp picks were intended to help teams that struggled to resign their own free agents.  Instead it has benefited the teams that are overflowing with talent who don't have space for all of the their free agents.  

I would call for a rule change, but I think Beane and his staff will get us to a place in a few years where we can't find room for all of our talented players and we begin to benefit from this system.   

On 4/27/2019 at 3:26 PM, Hebert19 said:

They think Brady will be done next year and are stockpiling for a qb. 

Not hardly if they're still winning. 

"Hi, it's Belicheck.  We'll give you our 3rd, our two comp 3rds, and 3 7ths to trade up from 32 to 1 in the draft"

"I want to trade a used hot dog and three donuts for a Mercedes, Get Out of Here"
"OK, we'll toss in our 3 6ths"

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 picks? That is insane.

Hate to say it fellow Bills fans but stop hating: If the Bills had 14 picks in 2020 we would have 500 threads created about that topic already boasting about Beane and his wizardry.

Patriots just continue to create the trends and are smart year after year.

2 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I'm telling you these guys are going to wind up with Trevor Lawrence somehow. I hate them. 

I can't imagine that the teams competing for the worst record in the league this year are going to want to trade away Trevor Lawrence for some picks and magic beans.  Then again I keep forgetting that Dave Gettleman exists in this timeline

11 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

who cares. that so called dynasty is about to come to an end.

"So called?"  Are you denying that they're a dynasty?  And why is it about to come to an end?

10 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

I can't imagine that the teams competing for the worst record in the league this year are going to want to trade away Trevor Lawrence for some picks and magic beans.  Then again I keep forgetting that Dave Gettleman exists in this timeline

Lawrence is 2021 not 2020. This is Brady's last year. Bill will "step away" McDaniels will be appointed Patriots Head Coach and with Jarret Stidham at the helm they will go 2-14 wind up with the #1 pick in the 2021 draft Bill will return as Head Coach refreshed from his year off and select Trevor Lawrence, Quarterback, Clemson. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Sad 2

Just now, Gugny said:

"So called?"  Are you denying that they're a dynasty?  And why is it about to come to an end?

sorry, I know they are your closet team and all but I don't consider cheats a dynasty and it comes to an end, as much as you hate to see it due to the fact that they will not be your sb favorite any time soon, the end is near. if, for what ever reason your favorite team does, for whatever reason have any real success, then unfortunately I'll be wrong, now wont I, closet patsie fan?

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Lawrence is 2021 not 2020. This is Brady's last year. Bill will "step away" McDaniels will be appointed Patriots Head Coach and with Jarret Stidham at the helm they will go 2-14 wind up with the #1 pick in the 2021 draft Bill will return as Head Coach refreshed from his year off and select Trevor Lawrence, Quarterback, Clemson. 

I suppose if we're looking for things to panic about, this is as good as any, but remember, there's still the Arizona Cardinals and Miami Dolphins looking for a QB in 2021, not to mention whomever flames out between now and then

1 minute ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

sorry, I know they are your closet team and all but I don't consider cheats a dynasty and it comes to an end, as much as you hate to see it due to the fact that they will not be your sb favorite any time soon, the end is near. if, for what ever reason your favorite team does, for whatever reason have any real success, then unfortunately I'll be wrong, now wont I, closet patsie fan?

The Patriots being a dynasty isn't up for debate.  They practically define dynasty.

Acknowledging that doesn't make me a closet Patriots fan; it makes me correct.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Forward Progress said:

I think the comp picks were intended to help teams that struggled to resign their own free agents.  Instead it has benefited the teams that are overflowing with talent who don't have space for all of the their free agents.  

I would call for a rule change, but I think Beane and his staff will get us to a place in a few years where we can't find room for all of our talented players and we begin to benefit from this system.   

If you made the playoffs the previous season you are ineligible for comp picks.