RD 6, Pick 181: S Jaquan Johnson, University of Miami

33 minutes ago, Mopreme said:

Another lackluster pick.  A lot of talent left including some who have a chance to compete for a starting position.  This guy's only chance is special teams and then practice squad.  

I am so sick of people not knowing ***** about these players but calling them bad picks.  ALL of these late round players have flaws that's why they are being drafted late.  The analysts talk about their flaws so people think they are bad picks.  It's awful this year.  

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

and EJ Gaines and Levi Wallace

Well they play outside. The comment was about Nickel Corner being a need. Taron Johnson was playing at a pro bowl level at nickel corner before he got shut down for surgery.

Just now, Mark92 said:

I am so sick of people not knowing ***** about these players but calling them bad picks.  ALL of these late round players have flaws that's why they are being drafted late.  The analysts talk about their flaws so people think they are bad picks.  It's awful this year.  

It also gets my blood boiling. Idiot fans who have no idea what they are talking about. They know like 5 players and if we don't take those 5 players they think the pick is a bad one.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, d_wag said:

You can get competition at deep positions in UDFA and doesn’t burn through a pick 

Which means the Bills think Johnson has the best shot at making the team over other graded players at that pick. 

Not it hard to see that

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Mopreme said:

Kelvin Harmon, WR, North Carolina State

Preston Williams, WR, Colorado State

Emmanuel Hall, WR, Missouri

Any of these receivers since we currently have Zay Jones as our #1 which is pretty pathetic.   Oh, wait, we have John Brown who will probably get injured or the little white guy from Dallas.  Wait a minute, we have Duke Williams, the miracle man from Canada!!!

LOL.  Any of these 3 would have trouble making any NFL roster as this years draft indicates what 32 teams think of their talent level.  All would struggle to make opening day rosters for legitimate reasons.

Harmon can't separate.

Hall can't catch.

Williams is a red flag character guy.  

The Bills, and 31 other teams, are consciously saying no thanks.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, freddyjj said:

LOL.  Any of these 3 would have trouble making any NFL roster as this years draft indicates what 32 teams think of their talent level.  All would struggle to make opening day rosters for legitimate reasons.

Harmon can't separate.

Hall can't catch.

Williams is a red flag character guy.  

The Bills, and 31 other teams, are consciously saying no thanks.  

A lot of teams are wrong about a lot of guys. Tom Brady and Antonio Brown immediately come to mind.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, MJS said:

Well they play outside. The comment was about Nickel Corner being a need. Taron Johnson was playing at a pro bowl level at nickel corner before he got shut down for surgery.

It also gets my blood boiling. Idiot fans who have no idea what they are talking about. They know like 5 players and if we don't take those 5 players they think the pick is a bad one.

What gets my blood boiling is losing and not having a WR worth a F over the last 10 years due to ineptness. Some of us have high standards, thankfully Beane seems to be fairly competent, but so far it doesn’t appear to be so for the WR department. 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Bottom of the roster guy, at least this is when you should take DBs, so got that right.

I’ll trust McD on his DB choices. Doesn’t make it a lock, but a good guess, most likely. 

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Which means the Bills think Johnson has the best shot at making the team over other graded players at that pick. 

Not it hard to see that

Give me another LB or a big WR where their is an actual opportunity to make the roster.

I’ll say this draft does bode well for duke williams, he’ll get comp in UDFA but has to be considered early fav to make roster if they keep 6 (i consider brown, beasley, roberts, and foster locks with zay very closely behind). I thought duke would be on outside looking in post draft but he’s the size guy the don’t have in other 5 and a guy like mckenzie doesnt offer that.

Just now, 100DollarBills said:

What gets my blood boiling is losing and not having a WR worth a F over the last 10 years due to ineptness. Some of us have high standards, thankfully Beane seems to be fairly competent, but so far it doesn’t appear to be so for the WR department. 

Choose to be happy and enjoy this hobby - you don't have to let it make you angry.  I promise you'll have a better time if you commit to avoiding negativity.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, d_wag said:

Give me another LB or a big WR where their is an actual opportunity to make the roster.

I’ll say this draft does bode well for duke williams, he’ll get comp in UDFA but has to be considered early fav to make roster if they keep 6 (i consider brown, beasley, roberts, and foster locks with zay very closely behind). I thought duke would be on outside looking in post draft but he’s the size guy the don’t have in other 5 and a guy like mckenzie doesnt offer that.

How does a LBer or WR have an actual chance to make the Roster and Safety doesn’t (that is a ST ace). 

Guess you you didn’t see the play of Neal or Marlow at times last season. 

7 minutes ago, Mark92 said:

I agree, it's awful.?  

I'm biased, being a wyoming grad, but if they were going the route of a backup safety and special teams guy, they should have gone with Andrew Wingard. The guy ran in the low 4.5s, is a little bigger, with over 400 college tackles, and double digit interceptions. 

Edited by Udubalum07

4 minutes ago, 100DollarBills said:

How many WRs were signed this Offseason?  And how did their likely future UDFA No 1 WR look after coming back after being humbled a bit on the PS?

and How does a 6th round WR change your thinking 

Edited by MAJBobby