RD 6, Pick 181: S Jaquan Johnson, University of Miami

14 minutes ago, Mopreme said:

Another lackluster pick.  A lot of talent left including some who have a chance to compete for a starting position.  This guy's only chance is special teams and then practice squad.  

I’m going to go ahead and trust our scouting department over you, until I know more about your credentials.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

Mira not 1992 anymore. Grab two top notch kickers (I’m fine paying for them!) and don’t fumble returns or allow blocked kicks and you are a solid special teams. No ones winning games with returns or coverage. 

Well. I take Johnson over an inflated "WR" at this point. Lets see what happens.

23 minutes ago, d_wag said:

Will struggle to make roster with depth at S, if he does it will be cause of ST work. Expect him to land on PS.

How is this better than adding Anthony Johnson?

6 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Slow. Small. Religious. 

Waste of a pick but at this point these are all marginal guys.

No WR or pass rusher to develop yet. But at least they aren't taking unathletic guards with no hope of making the team.

wth??

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, d_wag said:

Equally tough uphill roster squeeze at that position to make team

CB - Tre, Levi, Gaines, Johnson, Johnson

S - Poyer, Hyde, Bush, Neal, Marlowe

Good luck 

Isn’t it great that every warm body doesn’t look like a roster lock? Making progress! 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Its not 1992 anymore. Grab two top notch kickers (I’m fine paying for them!) and don’t fumble returns or allow blocked kicks and you are a solid special teams. No ones winning games with returns or coverage. 

This one just feels a bit like proehl last year. Don’t love it but oh well. Rare to love a guy this late.

I'll need oven mitts for your scorching hot take. Remember how badly Andre Roberts torched is last year? And how much this board loves the signing for that alone? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

The Reality with the way the roster is currently built. Any pick after likely The LB was going to have an uphill battle at making this team. 

Practice squad was made for these guys.  

we all new a DB was coming

hard hitter, good instincts and angles, vocal leader of the Miami defense, mentored by Ed Reed

Prototype SS

Honestly after Poyer/Hyde/Bush the S room is lackluster, all for more challenge and competition there

Edited by RocCityRoller
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Rocket94 said:

Well. I take Johnson over an inflated "WR" at this point. Lets see what happens.

I take an athlete over a limited guy at a position of strength with existing depth. Whether that a WR or developmental piece elsewhere. 

If we have Hyde, poyer, neal, Alexander.... this guy will struggle to make the 53 yet alone 45... before we call him a special teamer he has to dress- how many safeties are you giving jerseys to on Sunday?

10 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Slow. Small. Religious. 

Waste of a pick but at this point these are all marginal guys.

No WR or pass rusher to develop yet. But at least they aren't taking unathletic guards with no hope of making the team.

Weak take. 

Taron Johnson had a 4.7 40 time and we all saw how poorly he did as a ROOKIE.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

Isn’t it great that every warm body doesn’t look like a roster lock? Making progress! 

Meh, would rather just flip the 6th for a 5th next year if the guy just isn’t gonna make the cut (which I don’t think this guy will, barring injury). Cutting picks is a complete waste.