What happened to Stevie Johnson announcing our 3rd Round Pick?

StHustle

On 4/27/2019 at 7:38 PM, StHustle said:

Sidebar: Eric Wood sucked with the 2nd round pick announcement. ZERO swag, said nothing to the fans. Very dry....simply announced the pick. He looks great tho...lol 

If they stopped messing around and playing to the crowd the draft would be a lot better for it. The Eric Wood announcement was perfect

• Like (+1) 2

16 hours ago, StHustle said:

No Fun League fan I see. What;s the point of even having former players announce picks if they do it the way Wood did? The NFL wants the draft to be entertaining. Why even televise it if they were going to do it the way you describe?

What's fun about the same tired attempts to be Drew Pearson? Anyone who enjoys the day 2 and 3 pick announcements has a pretty low threshold for fun. 

Edited by Mountain Man
  • Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, ColeB said:

“With the XXth pick in the...Uh...2013 draft.”  He didn’t even know what year it is.  Sad.

Not as bad as the corner for Detroit who literally couldn't read. "In the two hundred nineteen NFL draft..."

5 hours ago, holla83 said:

I had a similar thought and mentioned it above... Great minds!... I also started watching in 1988. ?

While I think it's a legitimate question to ask, why would anyone choose to believe that's what he intentionally did to get out of it?  Of all the various possibilities, what in this instance makes you jump to one of the most negative options?  I'm actually curious if there is something in Andre's past that suggests this, or are you just naturally suspicious and think the worst---or something else completely.

For the record, my typical default conclusions (without information to the contrary) are A: Complete disregard of others, rather than actually meaning to hurt others. I'm not sure which is worse, but that's what I typically find. And B: Incompetence over evil intent.

Seems to me after investigation I typically find a large percentage of things that can easily be perceived as intentionally negative/hurtful acts end up being mostly the result of stupid, careless incompetence. 

9 hours ago, The Dean said:

While I think it's a legitimate question to ask, why would anyone choose to believe that's what he intentionally did to get out of it?  Of all the various possibilities, what in this instance makes you jump to one of the most negative options?  I'm actually curious if there is something in Andre's past that suggests this, or are you just naturally suspicious and think the worst---or something else completely.

For the record, my typical default conclusions (without information to the contrary) are A: Complete disregard of others, rather than actually meaning to hurt others. I'm not sure which is worse, but that's what I typically find. And B: Incompetence over evil intent.

Seems to me after investigation I typically find a large percentage of things that can easily be perceived as intentionally negative/hurtful acts end up being mostly the result of stupid, careless incompetence. 

It was Stevie Johnson, not Andre Reed. Stevie was always a bit of a knucklehead. I'm not saying he's a bad guy though. I just asked the question because it seemed like too much of a coincidence. 

9 hours ago, CowgirlsFan said:

I was there.

IF he wears glasses,he should have worn them.  In his defense,the print is very small. I've seen one of those cards. 

Do you need to refer to a written document if someone asks you what year we're living in?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 4/27/2019 at 3:21 PM, Doc Brown said:

Wire did a great job.  Although, the standard of play in their career in order to qualify to announce these picks have fallen a bit.  At this rate Ryan Denney or Ko Simpson will be announcing next year.

Maybin should get a chance. 

16 hours ago, holla83 said:

It was Stevie Johnson, not Andre Reed. Stevie was always a bit of a knucklehead. I'm not saying he's a bad guy though. I just asked the question because it seemed like too much of a coincidence. 

I think that's the second time I made the same mistake. Must be getting more brain-addled in my old age. But actually it makes my typical guess even more likely (in my mind). Stevie was a knucklehead, not a bad guy.