What happened to Stevie Johnson announcing our 3rd Round Pick?

StHustle

34 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Was this your attempt at humor or you had one too many? Combination?

?

Combination. Good call.

Well combination of me having a few too many and spacing out. No humor attempted. But I got a chuckle out of my error.

Edited by The Dean
Screw up
  • Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Stallions said:

Personally, I wish they would eliminate the team guests announcing the picks.  Who really cares and it all drags on too long.  I felt bad for Jim Brown as he was looking shaky

"with the 46th pick of the 2013 NFL draft..."   :huh:

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, StHustle said:

Sidebar: Eric Wood sucked with the 2nd round pick announcement. ZERO swag, said nothing to the fans. Very dry....simply announced the pick. He looks great tho...lol 

I wish every single pick was that way. I don't care to hear trash talking or pandering to fans by former players. I just want the pick. In fact, just have the NFL hire a temp to stand up there for three days and announce every single pick. That would be the best.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MJS said:

I wish every single pick was that way. I don't care to hear trash talking or pandering to fans by former players. I just want the pick. In fact, just have the NFL hire a temp to stand up there for three days and announce every single pick. That would be the best.

No Fun League fan I see. What;s the point of even having former players announce picks if they do it the way Wood did? The NFL wants the draft to be entertaining. Why even televise it if they were going to do it the way you describe?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, StHustle said:

No Fun League fan I see. What;s the point of even having former players announce picks if they do it the way Wood did? The NFL wants the draft to be entertaining. Why even televise it if they were going to do it the way you describe?

I'd be fine if they didn't have former players announce picks. I'd also be fine if it wasn't televised. All I care about is hearing what the pick is. Actually having analysts talk about each guy is nice too.

The actual games are what's fun to watch for me. It's not fun for me to see random players announce picks. Maybe I'm in the minority. The draft is fun just to see what players you get and how your team is impacted. All the added spectacle is not fun, to me. But again, the added spectacle around the games themselves is fine. I like that.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, holla83 said:

Did Stevie know he was going to have to back out and offer the spot to Pancho to make himself look good? 

I thought the same thing but hoped it wasn’t true. He at least tried maybe he just couldn’t make it and wanted to bring awareness to pancho 

10 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Coy Wire was a strange choice.

I guess Mark Campbell wasn’t available this weekend.

I think it's because Coy has gotten some pretty decent face time/exposure on TV the past couple years, as he's a news host/anchor on some morning show now (and does sports stuff for CNN I believe).

I don't even remember the name, but my wife always turns on the same morning news show every day when she wakes up, and I quickly recognized him. I asked her if he was a guest commentator or something, and she said no, he's one of the main people on air. Good for him though, found some success after football.

6 hours ago, StHustle said:

Different people find different things entertaining.

I enjoy the analysis of the players being drafted and the teams drafting them. I don’t need goofballs up on stage pandering to fans to be entertained.

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, MJS said:

I tend to agree, it should be short and sweet. However I will say that if there were not guest announcers, the broadcast would not show any of the pics announced on day 2 and 3. They would just talk about the Patriots, Steelers, Cowboys, and Giants. I like the guest presenters becuase it forces them to actually show the picks and analyze a lot of them. 

Except for Taylor Rapp...when he got picked the Rosen news broke and they totally ignored his pick. 

6 hours ago, fansince88 said:

Perhaps Stevie didn't want to do it in the first place and Ezra was his out. Ezra couldn't do it and he backed out? Could really be that simple.

I had a similar thought and mentioned it above... Great minds!... I also started watching in 1988. ?

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Stallions said:

Personally, I wish they would eliminate the team guests announcing the picks.  Who really cares and it all drags on too long.  I felt bad for Jim Brown as he was looking shaky

“With the XXth pick in the...Uh...2013 draft.”  He didn’t even know what year it is.  Sad.